We really needed the exact time these pics were taken. Noon, yes. However Derek still has a glass full of wine and the bottle still three quarters full. Spence on the other hand has an empty coffee cup and empty wine bottle.

So my best guess on time is Derek 12:05 and Spence maybe 12:09. :Biggrin:

We really needed the exact time these pics were taken. Noon, yes. However Derek still has a glass full of wine and the bottle still three quarters full. Spence on the other hand has an empty coffee cup and empty wine bottle.

So my best guess on time is Derek 12:05 and Spence maybe 12:09. :Biggrin:

... my coffee cup about a quarter full ... just filled it again (my today at 8am)(Derek’s today at 9pm)
... my wine bottle emptied last night (Derek’s this morning) ... my glass looks like I licked it clean 🤣

I can’t even begin to explain that I am always 13 hours behind Derek though ...
perhaps something to do with the world and my head spinning at the same time 🤪

Last edited:
You certainly get your exercise Mike. Looks like the idea of positioning your truck for your own safety is the same as we do in the fire service
Yeah I walk a little bit in the run of a day. No question there. I try to stay in front of the truck as much as possible too. That was taught in orientation as a potential life saving procedure. Working alone keeps you on your toes as well.

Mike, I don't know if they teach you this but, based on our SOGs, we turn our wheels away from where we are working. Just in case an apparatus gets rear ended; then it doesn't come plowing into us. Take Care, Stay Safe and Be Careful working around traffic.

Some guys do that Fred. Our fleet training guys are actually on the fence about it the last 10 years or so. It used to be SOP but an incident where a different guy other than the driver (helper) jumped in and didn’t realize the wheel was turned. He put it into drive and hit the car next to him as he pulled away. This was before my time there but it gets talked about now and then. And thanks for the safe wishes. I echo those words to you in your field. It can be over in a minute. No question.

'64 GS ......

Attachments

• ZORAS  GS  -   At The TRACK   -Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Belgian Grand Prix.jpg
    ZORAS GS - At The TRACK -Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Belgian Grand Prix.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 12
Here’s another lane closure on Southland drive.
Couple of things ...
Wow ... that was the fastest worker I've ever seen.
Perhaps anxious to get the job done and out of the way
for getting home to his Corvette.
and
July Long Weekend must be coming soon with the
"street decorations" for the Calgary Stampede that follows.

• Haha
Reactions: MikeysZ06
Couple of things ...
Wow ... that was the fastest worker I've ever seen.
Perhaps anxious to get the job done and out of the way
for getting home to his Corvette.
and
July Long Weekend must be coming soon with the
"street decorations" for the Calgary Stampede that follows.
I believe night shift will be doing the stampede banners this week. I noticed this morning 3 big rolls of vinyl in the sign shop so I’m guessing they’ll be manufactured over the weekend.

Lol. You’re too kind S. I just wanted to get off the road. And be honest,,,,Does that clown walking down the middle of the road look like he is so close to owning outright his corvette?

• Haha
Reactions: YFCvii