This was on the back seat of a 62 Thunderbird. I always liked these picnic sets. Perfect first date type stuff. What lady wouldn’t be impressed?
F8CC7232-27DD-41B1-AA25-1143F6C25BDA.jpeg

My first guess looking at this was a “Movie car”

Me too. Those stickers don't look very official.
When the economy tanked early 80's, I found myself in Edmonton. Got a gig in sign making, auto graphics etc.
Somehow the boss teamed up with ford, and designed a silly stripe pkg for the f150's.
It was called the 'Alberta Special'. There was even a sticky thing that went on the hood emblem, to cover up 'Explorer'.
If there's still any survivors, (81, or 82....i forget) it was my fault for the stripes.....sorry guys!

Here’s a sweet looking old Corvair we came across as we were leaving. Don’t see many of these around anymore. Just want to say thanks to @Cariboocreek and @Jeremiad for coming out early on a Saturday. It was nice to meet you Al finally and thanks for a closer look at your GS. Going to be bringing Dad along on more of these little outings. He’s liking it.
View attachment 28040View attachment 28041View attachment 28042View attachment 28043View attachment 28044View attachment 28045View attachment 28046
Thanks Mike. It was a fun morning. Was starting to overdose on Fords.....lol.

• Agree
Reactions: MikeysZ06
Big thanks to Al, Mike, and his dad for making my day start with a smile, even if we were looking at a bunch of Fords. There were some fine looking cars there, and some neat builds too, including a Factory 5 with a GT500 engine. That was more impressive to me than the new GT. The GT is slick and has fascinating aerodynamics and air-flow. It's really neat, and cool to see an American manufacturer build something like that, but I quite frankly prefer the old one!

Give me real gauges and a shift-handle and a clutch. It's a car, not a video game. Let me drive it. I'd much prefer that 5.4L supercharged V8 behind me than the 3.5L twin-turbo V6 and an automatic.

Anyway, after meeting up with you guys I ran some errands, and tried to find a chiropractor. Good luck on a Saturday! Oh well. So I took my family for a hike instead! We drove out to Big Hill Springs park and chased the kid up and down some pretty steep hills. They are already sleeping, but I will likely not. I hurt. lol.

Here are a few pics from our hike:

Of course my kid had to jump into this one like, 'Tada! Here's a creek!'

We had a great day J. And to cap off the weekend,we’re off to the hangar museum shortly after 9. Not sure what to expect but the unexpected I’m guessing. More pics and vid later this morning.

That’s taken from the Zoo parking lot. Don’t see many 747s here anymore in the day. Cargolux runs one that leaves Calgary for Amsterdam daily at 02:00 Hrs I’ve seen a few times. That’s about it.

Last edited:
That’s taken from the Zoo parking lot. Don’t see many 747s here anymore in the day. Cargolux runs one that leaves Calgary for Amsterdam daily at 02:00 Hrs I’ve seen a few times. That’s about it.

That'll be the one I keep hearing that I think is about to land on my roof. I don't like that one.