Odd that as the odometer rolls over it comes with a bit of pain. I remember when it rolled over 10K and now after 14 years of ownership it rolled over 30K on the Deep Bay Road south of Minden, Ontario.

IMG_5788.jpg

I know the feeling too Murray.... I remember my C6 turning 30K and also when it turned 40K... It was gone shortly after that... I still talk to the fellow who owns it now... he doesn't log many miles but he loves the car as much as I did and other than a new battery, he hasn't had to do anything to it... That makes me happy...

Reactions: ddgermann
Like it was yesterday I remember the day I picked the car up from the dealership in Toronto in early December. A buddy had agreed to meet me with his truck and open car trailer. I drove the car across the road from the dealership to a Sunoco station put in StaBil and filled the tank with 240 and loaded it on the trailer to take to our place in Haliburton. Good thing I did not drive, we ran into a snow storm that dumped about 6 inches of snow on the roads and covered the car with snow and slush. I was heartbroken, what a mess.

My wife and I managed to wash it with buckets of hot water the week before Christmas (no outside running water). It sat until next May. The following year was a tough one, I was too sick to drive it or do much else and it sat for the year. Since then I have put about 2.5K a year on it but I tell you what. It never gets old.

Nice on both counts Mike.:thumbs:
Thanks Murray. Some Alberta tourism stuff in a couple of weeks when I show her Banff/Lake Louise. I'm pretty excited to show someone who's never been to Canada before what I take for granted after 44 years in Calgary. 4 days of wonderment coming in 2 weeks.

I seen the dust Murray but I really didn't want to say anything.:Nono1:

Bill

That particular spot on the top of the steering column seems to be like vacuum cleaner bag for Corvettes. Every little spec of dust and debris seems to land there like it has honey... or worse... armour all on it.
Every picture has some... well except Les's. That Vette is supernaturally clean! :Arghh: ;)

It's not really random and I didn't take it but I'm posting it anyway!!

Here's the date sitting in the 'real' GUINNESS Brewery in Ireland 20 minutes ago..!!!
Having a pint!

IMG_1026.JPG

Looks good.

Graham

EDIT:: I guess I should have added the fact that I am home in Langley, BC!!
Does it look like she misses me at all?
LOL

Last edited:
Here's the date sitting in the 'real' GUINNESS Brewery in Ireland 20 minutes ago..!!!
Having a pint!

I guess I should have added the fact that I am home in Langley, BC!!
Does it look like she misses me at all?
LOL

I understand your point Graham about missing you ... but ...
isn't there a Corvette close by to go for a spin and take you away from that thought? ;)

Reactions: nascar03