Jan 29, 2009
On planet Earth
VetteCoins
Car
As many of you know, I pulled out my GM original navi a long time ago and replaced it with a Kenwood DNX9XXX. I find the radio signals so weak that I can barely get stations. AM radio might as well be non-existent. Now before you ask, I KNOW that the antenna cable is properly installed but still the signal is bad. Is there anything about C6's that require something to make all this work?

Everything else is just fine. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I have heard a few guys with the same problem install an inline signal amp antenna booster and were very happy...Check this out:

$(KGrHqMOKkUE25wSY2JiBN6)R3398Q~~_3.jpg (74.5 KB)

Attachments

• $(KGrHqMOKkUE25wSY2JiBN6)R3398Q~~_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqMOKkUE25wSY2JiBN6)R3398Q~~_3.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 2
You didn't say if you did the install or someone else did the job. Anyhow sounds like the Diversity antenna is not powered up from the radio. The antenna requires two supplies to work, +12 volt to turn it and the Bose sound system on and +5 volt to turn on the FM side of the antenna. The +5 was supplied from the GM radio, and only when you hit the FM button. My car had the same problem with a Pioneer nav and I've got the antenna and the Bose system working but not the FM yet.
Rob

You didn't say if you did the install or someone else did the job. Anyhow sounds like the Diversity antenna is not powered up from the radio. The antenna requires two supplies to work, +12 volt to turn it and the Bose sound system on and +5 volt to turn on the FM side of the antenna. The +5 was supplied from the GM radio, and only when you hit the FM button. My car had the same problem with a Pioneer nav and I've got the antenna and the Bose system working but not the FM yet.
Rob

I bought an inline antenna am (runs off the 12 vdc) and WN is also replacing my antenna circuit tomorrow. I'll let you know how it plays out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.