What is the current GM Canada policy on reselling a Z06? Is is 12 months and 12000kms or just 12 months? Does it matter if you trade it in to a GM dealer before that time?
I believe it's only 12 months actually. There was a time when we thought it was both hence why Denis is saying that. I could be wrong, but I believe that is what it is. Dealers seem to be exempt from it. If you trade it in before 12 months you're OK, but don't quote me. I'd run it past a dealer first or ask them to ask the area rep.
IF it's a 2024 Z06 neither may apply as there is no price difference any more.

Reactions: GM MUSL
My dealer told me that I needed to keep the car for 12 months (no mileage restrictions) in order to stay off the grey market list in Canada. GM is watching guys like Munro Motors inventory like a hawk and putting those original buyers on the sh-t list. Its 12 months and 12KM before the warranty is in effect in the USA.

@JCWP

Not sure if you found something already but there's a Z06 available at Eagle Ridge Chev in Coquitlam. They're wanting $220K but it sounded like you might be able to talk them down a bit more. Someone backed out on it and they said it's been sitting there for a couple weeks now
I picked up this car today, I paid $199,999 plus tax for it. In BC the Tax was just a tick over 73k 🤮.The msrp was 180k so yes I paid 20k over. However considering the Z07 package is next to impossible to get and the base price for a 2024 went up over 20k I think I made out alright. Got a permit and drove it straight home, next spring will do full paint correction and ppf.

Attachments

• 20231029_220532.jpg
    20231029_220532.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 0
I picked up this car today, I paid $199,999 plus tax for it. In BC the Tax was just a tick over 73k 🤮.The msrp was 180k so yes I paid 20k over. However considering the Z07 package is next to impossible to get and the base price for a 2024 went up over 20k I think I made out alright. Got a permit and drove it straight home, next spring will do full paint correction and ppf.
I think you did well.
Congratulations.
As for the taxes, yes, that's a lot, but at least you'll enjoy those roads a bit more now.

Reactions: RD-1
From Eagle Ridge Chevrolet in Coquitlam?
Enjoy the car.
Yes from Eagle Ridge, I've only driven it 40kms. My 15 year old son came with me for the delivery, then when we got home my 12 year old daughter was ready for her turn lol. The exhaust note is very unique, I don't know why anyone would mess with it. It will be in hibernation for 7 months but at least I know it's tucked away and can forget about waiting on a allocation.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Yes from Eagle Ridge, I've only driven it 40kms. My 15 year old son came with me for the delivery, then when we got home my 12 year old daughter was ready for her turn lol. The exhaust note is very unique, I don't know why anyone would mess with it. It will be in hibernation for 7 months but at least I know it's tucked away and can forget about waiting on a allocation.
Yes, I was talking to them several weeks ago. Dealt with the GM there who told me it was selling for MSRP. I did an on-line build and it came to $192K - so, I thought he was not Bsing me? He would give me $100K for my loaded 22 Z51 HTC with not many miles - that was a no go and I did not like the color. Glad you picked it up and are happy with it - enjoy. Can't trust what you are told by these guys. He told me a week ago I could order one with my specs; but, never heard back from him after I sent my build in to him. You must live out that way eh? My car is asleep now until spring. You should have your car out sooner than 7 months?

Yes, I was talking to them several weeks ago. Dealt with the GM there who told me it was selling for MSRP. I did an on-line build and it came to $192K - so, I thought he was not Bsing me? He would give me $100K for my loaded 22 Z51 HTC with not many miles - that was a no go and I did not like the color. Glad you picked it up and are happy with it - enjoy. Can't trust what you are told by these guys. He told me a week ago I could order one with my specs; but, never heard back from him after I sent my build in to him. You must live out that way eh? My car is asleep now until spring. You should have your car out sooner than 7 months?
It was not selling for anywhere close to MSRP, I was told they received 1 allocation and had people lined up to buy it. According to the GM there were a couple of offers at 300K, but when it came time to put pen to paper no one pulled the trigger. The car was not ordered for anyone as previously stated, it was a Dealer stock order that was being sold to the highest bidder. You never know what to believe but one thing for sure is unless you have a personal relationship with the owner or GM, take everything with a grain of salt. As for the color I have seen them all and found that none appealed to me personally. The hypersonic looks to green, cmg has too much blue, silver flare has gold and blue, red imo stands out too much and the blue's aren't my thing. As much as I tried to convince myself to get another color I always get drawn back to black. I'm about an hour away from that dealer, they are hoping to get 1 more allocation for 2024. However they have been told that it will only be a 1LZ or 2LZ. I was just at the right place at the right time for once in my life, the lot attendant told me there was a lot of action on the car after I put down the deposit. People were willing to pay over 225K, I said cool story but let me guess no one showed up with the money. The finance manager said 2 people tried to get financing and were turned down. The weather doesn't really warm up here until May that's when I've always insured my GT500, hence the 7 month time frame.

It was not selling for anywhere close to MSRP, I was told they received 1 allocation and had people lined up to buy it. According to the GM there were a couple of offers at 300K, but when it came time to put pen to paper no one pulled the trigger. The car was not ordered for anyone as previously stated, it was a Dealer stock order that was being sold to the highest bidder. You never know what to believe but one thing for sure is unless you have a personal relationship with the owner or GM, take everything with a grain of salt. As for the color I have seen them all and found that none appealed to me personally. The hypersonic looks to green, cmg has too much blue, silver flare has gold and blue, red imo stands out too much and the blue's aren't my thing. As much as I tried to convince myself to get another color I always get drawn back to black. I'm about an hour away from that dealer, they are hoping to get 1 more allocation for 2024. However they have been told that it will only be a 1LZ or 2LZ. I was just at the right place at the right time for once in my life, the lot attendant told me there was a lot of action on the car after I put down the deposit. People were willing to pay over 225K, I said cool story but let me guess no one showed up with the money. The finance manager said 2 people tried to get financing and were turned down. The weather doesn't really warm up here until May that's when I've always insured my GT500, hence the 7 month time frame.
Black is stunning (My choice too!).
As for those mythical purchasers who were 'turned down', should they really be trying to finance a $200,000.00 car without knowing that they are 'qualified'?

As for those mythical purchasers who were 'turned down', should they really be trying to finance a $200,000.00 car without knowing that they are 'qualified'?
Totally agree, not to mention they would most likely need to put down at least 75K to even be considered.

I may be wrong here but I would think if they are considering buying a $200,000.00 Corvette, they likely know they are qualified. Lemme see now... My Tim Hortons wage considered.... Yes. I can pay this off in 138 years.... Definately qualified...

Okay.
I am trying to buy a Z06 or E.R. from Kelowna Chevrolet and he tells me they are selling for $100K over MSRP - they want $50K. He sent me 5 listings from Ontario with list from $319K to $299,800.00. There are 5 in total within this price spread. Three at least are listed with other than G.M dealers. Not sure if other 2 are dealers or not? Anybody have proof of what they are actually selling for? I believe there is a post on this issue which I will review.
I spoke to the sales Manager, and of course, and this is what he is using to justify the mark-up saying it is a deal at $50K over. I have spoke to a few high volume dealers in Vancouver and they tell me: the list is so long to forget about it and they sell for MSRP.
My dealer to-day told me the same; however, they only sell 10 C8s a year vs 30+ - mostly 3LT at Kelowna Chevy.
You might try Vernon, Bannister GM, they do not add $$$ to MRSP. I asked Kelowna for a price and they added $40K to the price of a Z51, so I bought from Bannister in Vernon.

Okay.
I am trying to buy a Z06 or E.R. from Kelowna Chevrolet and he tells me they are selling for $100K over MSRP - they want $50K. He sent me 5 listings from Ontario with list from $319K to $299,800.00. There are 5 in total within this price spread. Three at least are listed with other than G.M dealers. Not sure if other 2 are dealers or not? Anybody have proof of what they are actually selling for? I believe there is a post on this issue which I will review.
I spoke to the sales Manager, and of course, and this is what he is using to justify the mark-up saying it is a deal at $50K over. I have spoke to a few high volume dealers in Vancouver and they tell me: the list is so long to forget about it and they sell for MSRP.
My dealer to-day told me the same; however, they only sell 10 C8s a year vs 30+ - mostly 3LT at Kelowna Chevy.
Kelowna enjoys the reputation as a dealership that gouges its customers, especially for any Corvette. They asked for $40 K over MRSP for my beauty and I purchased just 40KM away at Bannister in Vernon for MRSP. Happy Motoring!

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.