Feb 7, 2021
VetteCoins
Province
BC
I just got an email letting me know that C8 is scheduled for production the week of March 22 assuming there is no more shutdowns. Does anyone have any idea how long I can expect the process to take from this point in time to the time it will arrive at the dealer? I feel like a kid again and this is the longest Christmas Eve ever and I just want open my presents.lol

I just got an email letting me know that C8 is scheduled for production the week of March 22 assuming there is no more shutdowns. Does anyone have any idea how long I can expect the process to take from this point in time to the time it will arrive at the dealer? I feel like a kid again and this is the longest Christmas Eve ever and I just want open my presents.lol

I agree with Murray; it was a month delivery time to me in Western Canada so I expect a similar time for you in BC.

I just posted this in another Forum, in case it helps you out:

Here's my suggested "10 point to-do checklist" for someone with a confirmed TPW:

1. Stop procrastinating and get all those accessories still on your wish-list.
2. Get your dealer to confirm the date of actual production, and
3. provide the VIN to you once available (well before any delivery date).
4. Then with the VIN make vehicle insurance enquiries to get that started.
5. Line up where you want to PPF or ceramic coat, etc. your new ride (negotiate pricing and work out all details you can) if that's something you want to do.
6. Then try and talk your salesperson into taking photos of the C8 on the delivery truck and when getting unloaded (if you can't be there) and ensure they keep ALL of the
"paperwork" found in the car upon delivery.
7. Get your dealer invoice in advance so you can iron out any unexpected pricing issues.
8. Then as soon as you take delivery, don't forget to register with the Ron Fellows driving school.
9. Then baby it for the break-in period and DO NOT make my mistake and allow any trusted friend or anyone else, to drive it during the break-in period.
10. Once your tachometer changes, drive it like it's stolen! (almost) Have fun!!

If you were in Ontario, I'd add to the list by suggesting you line up Murray to drive you to your pick-up so he could PDR your first drive. LOL.

Congrats and don't forget to post photos!

I agree with Murray; it was a month delivery time to me in Western Canada so I expect a similar time for you in BC.

I just posted this in another Forum, in case it helps you out:

Here's my suggested "10 point to-do checklist" for someone with a confirmed TPW:

1. Stop procrastinating and get all those accessories still on your wish-list.
2. Get your dealer to confirm the date of actual production, and
3. provide the VIN to you once available (well before any delivery date).
4. Then with the VIN make vehicle insurance enquiries to get that started.
5. Line up where you want to PPF or ceramic coat, etc. your new ride (negotiate pricing and work out all details you can) if that's something you want to do.
6. Then try and talk your salesperson into taking photos of the C8 on the delivery truck and when getting unloaded (if you can't be there) and ensure they keep ALL of the
"paperwork" found in the car upon delivery.
7. Get your dealer invoice in advance so you can iron out any unexpected pricing issues.
8. Then as soon as you take delivery, don't forget to register with the Ron Fellows driving school.
9. Then baby it for the break-in period and DO NOT make my mistake and allow any trusted friend or anyone else, to drive it during the break-in period.
10. Once your tachometer changes, drive it like it's stolen! (almost) Have fun!!

If you were in Ontario, I'd add to the list by suggesting you line up Murray to drive you to your pick-up so he could PDR your first drive. LOL.

Congrats and don't forget to post photos!
I’m making a trip out of it for me and my daughter we will fly to Edmonton and drive it back home to Vancouve. my dealer told me it is to late to make any changes but it sounds by your checklist that may not be the case.
Thank you for replying and the information it’s much appreciated

When did you pass to 3000 event code? I passed on January 26 and I am still waiting to get to the next step.

I’m making a trip out of it for me and my daughter we will fly to Edmonton and drive it back home to Vancouve. my dealer told me it is to late to make any changes but it sounds by your checklist that may not be the case.
Thank you for replying and the information it’s much appreciated

I wasn't suggesting in my list you had the ability to make changes to your order. When your order hits 3000 status, I'm told that you can't make any changes since the order has been accepted by Bowling Green for production and put into the production sequence. I've heard there may be a few very rare exceptions to this that go up to the GM management level, but typically you can't make any changes. Last year I tried to make changes to my order when at 3000 but my dealer flatly refused and I then had others on the Forums verify my dealer correctly turned me down. Good luck with your visit to my fair City and your drive back.

Unless you're getting PPF done here, you should consider how you'll cover your car to protect it from rock chips during your road trip. There are lots of suggestions on these Forums about that. But like anything, that's a matter of personal preference. You might also consider getting a tow hook for your glovebox, in case (heaven forbid!) your car breaks down during the trip and needs to be pulled up onto a flat bed tow truck. Any tow truck driver likely won't have the proper tow hook for a C8. I mention that since it's a fairly long trip and you'll be out in the middle of nowhere at times. ***OR as a "welcome to Edmonton" for a fellow Forum member, I've got one extra tow hook that I made and if you ID your dealer/salesman I'll drop it off for you at your Edmonton dealership. My cost to make it was $45 (materials only) rather than the $200+ MSRP one normally costs, so I'd be looking for the $45. I made myself one and 4 others, but sold the other 3 to friends for that same $45. PM me if interested and we can work out the details. Whatever happens, good luck!

Thanks for the responses guys. I was notified on February 4th that I was in 3000 code.

thank you for the advice about the tow hooks as I really hadn’t thought about it considering it will be new but I guess you never know.
im definitely looking at getting PPF done just trying to find a reputable place in Edmonton that has experience with the C8’s. i have my order through Lakewood and I have to be honest they have been great with communication. I have been dealing with manager at Lakewood and he seems great and honestly would recommend them with my experience so far.

thanks again for the feedback it’s much appreciated

Actually once gm accepts your car for production at 2000 you can't change it. I know of it being done once, but that was at 2000 and not 3000 and took a lot of work by the large U.S. dealer and the district manager. At 3000 they start ordering parts and GM will not change the order at that point. The only recourse is to not accept the car and let the dealer either give it to someone down the list (promote someone up the list) or sell it.

Mine reached the dealer 19 days after it was made

Mine reached the dealer 19 days after it was made
Where do you live? I am in Orford Quebec so the car get on the train from Toledo to Montreal and then on a truck to Sherbrooke. I was told about 10 days on the train and 2 days for the truck. The unknown portion is the waiting time in Toledo to get on the train. This waiting time could be weeks (2 to 5).

Where do you live? I am in Orford Quebec so the car get on the train from Toledo to Montreal and then on a truck to Sherbrooke. I was told about 10 days on the train and 2 days for the truck. The unknown portion is the waiting time in Toledo to get on the train. This waiting time could be weeks (2 to 5).
I’m in Ottawa, same route to MTL, then trucked the rest of the way. It was 34 days from build to truck delivery. Congratulations!

Reactions: Maximus74
I’m in Ottawa, same route to MTL, then trucked the rest of the way. It was 34 days from build to truck delivery. Congratulations!
I'm just outside Ottawa, in Carleton Place with the local dealer, and car was built yesterday.
I was hoping the car would be transported by carrier and arrive in 3 weeks or so. Oh well, have waited this long, what's another few weeks.

Reactions: AndrewJ
I'm just outside Ottawa, in Carleton Place with the local dealer, and car was built yesterday.
I was hoping the car would be transported by carrier and arrive in 3 weeks or so. Oh well, have waited this long, what's another few weeks.
You never know, mine sat in Toledo for 10 very long days... good luck!

I am in Barrie ON. TPW was March 22, the actual build took place on March 23rd, the car showed up at the dealership this afternoon (March 31). Have hope. The dealer told me that some are being trucked directly to Ontario no, Ohio, no Ingersol. I don't know if that is in fact true but one week from rolling off to the dealer is pretty good in my books. I think I have only heard of Honda Civics & CRV's coming quicker to Barrie (which isn't surprising since the plant is about 20 min away).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.