I installed 3M pro on 2 of my cars. C7 2015 blue and Honda white. No issues and, on C7 for 4 years and no peeling or yellowing , with the Honda 3yrs and no yellowing . I plan on installing the 3M kit this spring.

I installed 3M pro on 2 of my cars. C7 2015 blue and Honda white. No issues and, on C7 for 4 years and no peeling or yellowing , with the Honda 3yrs and no yellowing . I plan on installing the 3M kit this spring.
You pays your money, you takes your chances. Forewarned is forearmed

I have 3M pro on the front bumper, mirrors, and door sills, Xpel on the fenders and Suntek on the hood. Coming on 6 years now and can't see any difference in any of them. No yellow, no peeling and they all seem to heal to the same degree.... Which, while still being great protection, the healing isn't as good as it's touted JMO

I had 3M installed on my silver Tesla Model S around 4 years ago. Started peeling soon after and then started to turn yellowish after 2 years. Unless they have fixed their quality I wouldn't use them ever again. Expel has worked awesome on my C8. The detailer I use now ( didn't last time ) said he stopped using 3M because of the quality. The Expel is a bit thicker and more durable. Just my experiences.

There is a warranty for PPF in place to protect owners who experience peeling and yellowing that is discernable. Typically for at least 5 to 10 years. There are also things people can do that accelerates a break down of your PPF; like using harsh cleaning products, poor quality waxes, lack of proper cleaning/care, baking in the sun all summer long, etc. But even film that is properly cared for ages over time. PPF is not a product that lasts the life of a car. It will protect the paint from scratches and impacts better than any other technology on the market but it will age and wear over use and exposure like everything else.

Anyone knows a good shop in the GTA of Toronto for PPF and a good price too? I see some prices online for the whole car that start at $4,500, yikes that is not cheap.
I think $4500 for the whole car is pretty good- just make sure it’s a reputable dealer. I paid close to $3000 for the front bumper, hood and quarter panels. Was quoted over $8000 for the whole car with Suntek ultra

Reactions: Kev
Anyone knows a good shop in the GTA of Toronto for PPF and a good price too? I see some prices online for the whole car that start at $4,500, yikes that is not cheap.
Price is dependent on product and it's quality. I paid for a premium product. The best on the market. Self healing technology, while others opt for cheaper products that are thinner and require heat of a heat gun to repair etc. You get what you pay for generally. I also opted to go with an installer with a good reputation. You might get a cheaper price, but you might also get someone with little experience etc.

Reactions: Kev
Hi Murray,

You paid $1600 tax in or cash deal? If you recommend this guy then I will go with him. How long do I have to leave my car?
1600.00 was just the Ceramic Pro Gold, not PPF. I always pay cash, but I got a receipt so I'm not sure what you'd call that. I left mine for 4 days if I recall correctly, but he did say it might be a day longer. I guess it depends on how busy they are. It's my first experience with Paint protection of any kind so all I can say is I was satisfied.

1616947231688.png

Hi Murray,

You paid $1600 tax in or cash deal? If you recommend this guy then I will go with him. How long do I have to leave my car?
I just checked my receipt.
2100 PPF Full front end including mirrors
220 for the rear vents
and 1600 for the Ceramic Pro Gold
so 3920 taxes in (or no tax)

I had bill spenser do both a year ago car sat outside till garage was finshed job was fantastic anjd a year later (in garage . up on jacks . battery maintainer working) looks like the day it was picked up
Had my done by Bill Spencer as well. They actually outsource the work but the guy that does it is very good. For the money and the value of the car, I think it’s worth it to get a professional job done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.