Hey everyone! Nice to meet you!

I know this has been beaten to death... but today I went for a quote for xpel PPF and ceramic coat and ceramic tint. Doing the front end, skirts for the PPF.
Got a quote for over $6300 for all of it. Wtf... is that normal? I figured $1500 for PPF and maybe another 1500 for ceramic coat.
I’m in vaughan, ON. btw... what are your thoughts?
Hi Franco -- i paid a bit over $2k -- PPF and Ceramic -- on 17 GS -- PPF Front - a number of other areas and Ceramic Coat the rest -- can meet to show or direct you to the shop I used in Scarborough...for PPF work...

I plan on doing the entire front of the car and the installer at the shop suggested me to also do the rocker panel and bottom of the door for an extra 600$...

Do you guy's recommend doing it? Is it worth it? I will have the chevrolet mud guard installed to protect the side of the car...
Any update on this?

Gave the update on Page 3! Go look for pics!

Just had mine done. Full front PPF and ceramic coat on the whole car. Top Gear wraps in concord did it. Wonderful job... left it there for 3-4 days. Can’t tell where the seams are... they nailed it.
Cost $3100 for everything.

I know this has been beaten to death... but today I went for a quote for xpel PPF and ceramic coat and ceramic tint. Doing the front end, skirts for the PPF.
Got a quote for over $6300 for all of it. Wtf... is that normal? I figured $1500 for PPF and maybe another 1500 for ceramic coat.
That is crazy. I had my C7 ceramic coated plus he did some wrap ( blacked out everything silver, the marker lights, corvette marking at back and accent piece in black from the front air intake to the front) - $1000.00. I had my C8 done: guy had a truck - came to my house and did it in the garage - had special lights - did the entire car including the wheels - next day came back and coated the graphene ceramic coating he had applied day before - $600.00!!!! Est. for PPF - same as you $1500.00 I believe?

You can do paint correction and ceramic coating yourself for a lot less (even if you have to buy a DA polisher). Adams Graphene Ceramic Coating kit is $154 (enough to do one car plus the ceramic booster, supposed to last 7 years). Porter Cable DA polisher is $170. Clay bar kit is about $40. It will take some time to do it right (takes me 6 to 8 hours depending on the car).
The B.C. rep for Adams came to my home with all the lighting -Adams Graphene Ceramic - $600.00. Came bk next day and coated with something - 6 year guarantee.

My previous silver SLK had Clearbra and after 15 years I removed it and the paint looked perfect while there were some scratches and chips in areas not covered. I have the Rapid Blue and I know that color with no "metallic" in it is going to show any/every small scratch. Looking at my first day driving in the rain results I could see this car will kick up a lot of debris and the rear was filthy. Plus I need to manually remove the coupe top and that will get scratched up so I decided on PPF full cover.

However I have never ceramic coated a car and reading a lot of posts and videos it appears ceramic does 2 things: It will help the paint gloss and reduce wash time. Thats about it. Because I have full cover PPF, I dont really need more protection. You still have to wash the car and most ceramic installations require a yearly maintenance. So I decided I would try Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wax spray (DIY $15. It went on easy and much quicker than wax. A week or two of rain here and I washed the car again and not much difference but drying time was 1/4 so I am happy.

Fortunately I have met JCWP (see previous post) and he had his car professionally coated about the same time I IY. I am not expecting the results he will get but it will be fun to compare results, right Jim?

My previous silver SLK had Clearbra and after 15 years I removed it and the paint looked perfect while there were some scratches and chips in areas not covered. I have the Rapid Blue and I know that color with no "metallic" in it is going to show any/every small scratch. Looking at my first day driving in the rain results I could see this car will kick up a lot of debris and the rear was filthy. Plus I need to manually remove the coupe top and that will get scratched up so I decided on PPF full cover.

However I have never ceramic coated a car and reading a lot of posts and videos it appears ceramic does 2 things: It will help the paint gloss and reduce wash time. Thats about it. Because I have full cover PPF, I dont really need more protection. You still have to wash the car and most ceramic installations require a yearly maintenance. So I decided I would try Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wax spray (DIY $15. It went on easy and much quicker than wax. A week or two of rain here and I washed the car again and not much difference but drying time was 1/4 so I am happy.

Fortunately I have met JCWP (see previous post) and he had his car professionally coated about the same time I IY. I am not expecting the results he will get but it will be fun to compare results, right Jim?
I ceramic coated my C7 - shark skin grey metallic and after almost 6 six years not a mark. PPF is probably the best option. My quote, I checked it yesterday was $2200.00 ( front and sides to doors) and an extra $1000.00 for the windshield. With C.C. can't put PPF on now. Gord, my car still in body shop - waiting new bumper - what a pain in the ass.

totally agree with ontcanuck for that money you could put on a supercharger and wax your on car

Attachments

• thumbnail_image0 (7).jpg
    thumbnail_image0 (7).jpg
    55 KB · Views: 17
  • thumbnail_20210508_153259.jpg
    thumbnail_20210508_153259.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 17
  • thumbnail_image0 (13).jpg
    thumbnail_image0 (13).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 17
I ceramic coated my C7 - shark skin grey metallic and after almost 6 six years not a mark. PPF is probably the best option. My quote, I checked it yesterday was $2200.00 ( front and sides to doors) and an extra $1000.00 for the windshield. With C.C. can't put PPF on now. Gord, my car still in body shop - waiting new bumper - what a pain in the ass.
Bumper in to-day - car by end of week.

H, You could try Munro Motors near Brantford. They may be able to assist. Cheers

I used Niko Signs in Waterloo. They work on high end cars all the time. They covered my whole C8 in Expel and the headlights. Did an awesome job and was very impressed with the care and detail they took to do my car. I paid $6,000.00 Then the guy nest door ( they work together) did ceramic coating on top of the Expel, and the wheels and callipers and interior and all the windows. Think that was around a grand. He also does great work. His name in Andre. I highly recommend them.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.