Ontario You're Celebrated
May 12, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 Convertible
Province
ON
Hey everyone! Nice to meet you!

I know this has been beaten to death... but today I went for a quote for xpel PPF and ceramic coat and ceramic tint. Doing the front end, skirts for the PPF.
Got a quote for over $6300 for all of it. Wtf... is that normal? I figured $1500 for PPF and maybe another 1500 for ceramic coat.
I’m in vaughan, ON. btw... what are your thoughts?

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
I was quoted $8000 plus tax for full car PPE. Apparently lots of difficult angles and curves makes it more labour intensive and more expensive
... the PPE fella is asking $8000 ... wow :oops: ...
apparently by associating the Corvette with a spouse/girl friend :Wacky:

Last edited:
  1. Xpel Ultimate Paint Protection Film (PPF):
    • Full front bumper
    • Front Bumper Accents
    • Full hood
    • Headlights
    • Fenders
    • Side skirts
    • Door handles
    • A pillars and Gas cap

2. Ceramic Pro: Full interior and exterior ceramic coating with a top to bottom paint correction and polishing meant to eliminate the need to wax the exterior or condition any leather/interior surfaces. Super shiny and hydrophobic. (Repels water)

1. Ceramic Window Tint - applied to windows with a variety of shades, much better than traditional window tint and will be done on all side windows and rear glass. (Not engine cover glass)

TOTAL Without Tint: $6,100 + HST

TOTAL With Tint: $6,400 + HST

You can do paint correction and ceramic coating yourself for a lot less (even if you have to buy a DA polisher). Adams Graphene Ceramic Coating kit is $154 (enough to do one car plus the ceramic booster, supposed to last 7 years). Porter Cable DA polisher is $170. Clay bar kit is about $40. It will take some time to do it right (takes me 6 to 8 hours depending on the car).

You can do paint correction and ceramic coating yourself for a lot less (even if you have to buy a DA polisher). Adams Graphene Ceramic Coating kit is $154 (enough to do one car plus the ceramic booster, supposed to last 7 years). Porter Cable DA polisher is $170. Clay bar kit is about $40. It will take some time to do it right (takes me 6 to 8 hours depending on the car).
I think some things are best left to the experts. I don't think I'd have the confidence to do it myself.

Reactions: ShawnC8 and kerry4
  1. Xpel Ultimate Paint Protection Film (PPF):
    • Full front bumper
    • Front Bumper Accents
    • Full hood
    • Headlights
    • Fenders
    • Side skirts
    • Door handles
    • A pillars and Gas cap

2. Ceramic Pro: Full interior and exterior ceramic coating with a top to bottom paint correction and polishing meant to eliminate the need to wax the exterior or condition any leather/interior surfaces. Super shiny and hydrophobic. (Repels water)

1. Ceramic Window Tint - applied to windows with a variety of shades, much better than traditional window tint and will be done on all side windows and rear glass. (Not engine cover glass)

TOTAL Without Tint: $6,100 + HST

TOTAL With Tint: $6,400 + HST
That seems high compared to what I did.
for PPF I did all you stated above for ppf, and added
Inner door sills protection,
Rear 3/4 protection which goes around the rear wheel arch and lower rear bumper.
I went to the the best/ pickiest guy in Ottawa and waited 3 months for an appointment, it was 3000$ tax in, BUT no ceramic pro or ceramic window tint.
I hope this helps.

I know this has been beaten to death... but today I went for a quote for xpel PPF and ceramic coat and ceramic tint. Doing the front end, skirts for the PPF.
Got a quote for over $6300 for all of it. Wtf... is that normal? I figured $1500 for PPF and maybe another 1500 for ceramic coat.
Not sure where you are in Ontario, I’m near Hamilton. I got the front of the car, fenders bumper, hood, mirrors, skirt. For 1900. Expel ppf.
Tinting was 250, ceramic coating expel also 600. If your near us call NTD on Nebo Road Hamilton talk to Julian. Note this was 2 years ago. But his prices are around same still. We have had over 15 cars from our group use him.

Reactions: pozi240
_Hey everyone! Nice to meet you!

Got my ‘19 C7 front fascia, mirrors & headlights done PPF with SunTech and then clay barred and ceramic coated last year for a little over $1000. Really happy all you need.

That is a high quote in my mind. front end PPF should range from $1000-3500 depending on the car, ceramic tint would be $350-500max as the corvette has quite a bit of glass, and ceramic coat can vary but usually $1000-2000 for new car (more if your paint needs plenty of correction). So your quote in my mind is high by at least $1000

It is true you could do the correction yourself, but if you do not already have the equipment (DA or better, CC kit, cutting pads, towels, gloves, mask, etc.) and the time to do so I would not recommend it. I do it myself on all my cars, but I also have everything, experience and the time do it since it is a hobby. Not all ceramic coatings are user friendly, nor created equal, also important.

Ceramic Pro Markham | Toronto Car Detailing, Coating, Paint Protection Film & Window Tinting Service they do Ceramic pro, but it is the same as "Xpel ultimate plus" self healing technology.
Full front plus mirrors and side vents.
"The full front in paint protection film is $2100 in Ceramic Pro Kavaca which is the latest and most expensive film on the market. It’s got a 12 year warranty, has instant heal technology, is super clear and comes ceramic coated." The vents were $220 more

Ceramic Pro Gold
Gold package includes a thorough wash, 3 step decontamination, prep wipe and the coats on paint, wheels, windows, headlights and tail lights. The price is $1600.

1620911752160.png

Well if it makes you feel better as i just paid way to much for PPF on the full front bumper,bumper accents and headlights for $2800 with the dealer. Normally I wouldn’t have had it done by the dealership but because I’m picking it up in Edmonton and driving it back to vancouver and with time constraints i don have the luxury of doing that but I wanted some protection so I bit the bullet

If you are planning on keeping the car for a really long time, if not why bother.
Just to protect it for the next guy???

Not sure what the obsession is with the PPF most guys I know don't keep their Vettes longer then 5 years and still spent a fortune doing their car. My 2010 with 100,00 km. has no PPF and looks as good as I bought it 10 yrs. ago. I used a product called REJEX and the shine is unbelievable , do the Vette in 2 hrs at a cost of $ 20.00 once a year. In fact my brother in law said he could paint the whole car for the price some paid for the PPF and ceramic coating, just my 2 cents worth.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.