Hey everyone! Nice to meet you!

I know this has been beaten to death... but today I went for a quote for xpel PPF and ceramic coat and ceramic tint. Doing the front end, skirts for the PPF.
Got a quote for over $6300 for all of it. Wtf... is that normal? I figured $1500 for PPF and maybe another 1500 for ceramic coat.
I’m in vaughan, ON. btw... what are your thoughts?
I got full Ceramic Pro and PPF on all front facing surfaces on my new 2021 C8 convertible. I'm very happy with the work done at half that price by Prestige Auto Detailing, 10 Newkirk Road, Richmond Hill. Their phone number is 416-986-4746.

Not sure what the obsession is with the PPF most guys I know don't keep their Vettes longer then 5 years and still spent a fortune doing their car. My 2010 with 100,00 km. has no PPF and looks as good as I bought it 10 yrs. ago. I used a product called REJEX and the shine is unbelievable , do the Vette in 2 hrs at a cost of $ 20.00 once a year. In fact my brother in law said he could paint the whole car for the price some paid for the PPF and ceramic coating, just my 2 cents worth.
I live in northwestern Ontario where the roads are full of sand and pebbles and such, so I did the PPE on the front. No regrets as I’ve already been through what can be described as a sandstorm with no damage. This is my first Corvette, and I plan on keeping it for a long time, but who knows, maybe the e-vette may entice me in the future!

Not sure what the obsession is with the PPF most guys I know don't keep their Vettes longer then 5 years and still spent a fortune doing their car. My 2010 with 100,00 km. has no PPF and looks as good as I bought it 10 yrs. ago. I used a product called REJEX and the shine is unbelievable , do the Vette in 2 hrs at a cost of $ 20.00 once a year. In fact my brother in law said he could paint the whole car for the price some paid for the PPF and ceramic coating, just my 2 cents worth.
Can you find that product locally? It’s on Amazon but $31 plus $22 shipping.

Ceramic coating is 100% worth it IMO, doing it yourself is more affordable but even having a shop do it is worth it. Wax just cannot compete unless your getting into the high brands where it is $500+ per bottle.

I know this has been beaten to death... but today I went for a quote for xpel PPF and ceramic coat and ceramic tint. Doing the front end, skirts for the PPF.
Got a quote for over $6300 for all of it. Wtf... is that normal? I figured $1500 for PPF and maybe another 1500 for ceramic coat.
Seems really high. I am on list to order 2022 C8 and have got two quotes for: front - hood and sides to doors and windshield - have not looked for a while; but, believe price was around $2000.00 or less. Do not see need to ceramic coat as well though - seems like over kill. I plan on driving my c8 all year round. I have ceramic coating on my C7 -0never - or very seldom wash it - just dust it off with micro fiber cloths.

You’re in Ontario!!! 😳😳😳 don’t be surprised.

I think some things are best left to the experts. I don't think I'd have the confidence to do it myself.
Pretty hard to hurt your paint with a 6" DA polisher (unless you drop the polishing pad in the dirt and then keep going). I have done ceramic coating on a number of my cars and will be doing my C8 in a few weeks.

Reactions: CorvetteSuperCar
I live in the Greater Toronto Area. Neither my C6 nor my C7 had protection and the front, including the hood and side mirrors, of both cars had numerous small chips in the paint. Both cars looked good as the chips were small and not a particular distraction. However, I hand wash the car and the chips were very visible to me. One or two were right through the paint and quite visible. The chips were all from the same source - driving on 400 series highways with cars all around; both sides and in the rear. At about 120 km per hour sudden braking or lane changes are not an option. When a dump truck hits a road seam and a clump of mud falls off and hits the pavement, a spray of bouncing pebbles is often the result. You can't avoid them and they can cause chips. Every now and then the pebbles are large enough to chip off a good chunk of paint or put a crack in the windshield. I'm hoping the PPF will eliminate the paint chips.

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
............ In fact my brother in law said he could paint the whole car for the price some paid for the PPF and ceramic coating, just my 2 cents worth.
Wow. I haven't seen a paint job that cheap in a long long time. A decent professional paint job crowds $15,000.... Did get one of those cheap jobs a while back though. My brother in law came to me and asked if I had any odd jobs he could earn some money and since he was out of work, I said he could paint my porch for me and to come back the next day. Next day he shows up and I give him a can of paint and a couple brushes, told him the porch I wanted painted was around back, and off he went. An hour later he comes around front where I was and said he was done. I thought wow... that was really quick. I wonder if he did a decent job but hey, It's my brother in law, so I paid him, and as he was walking down the driveway he turns and says. "By the way... It's not a Porsche. It's a Corvette"..... You get what you pay for I guess....

I live in the Greater Toronto Area. Neither my C6 nor my C7 had protection and the front, including the hood and side mirrors, of both cars had numerous small chips in the paint. Both cars looked good as the chips were small and not a particular distraction. However, I hand wash the car and the chips were very visible to me. One or two were right through the paint and quite visible. The chips were all from the same source - driving on 400 series highways with cars all around; both sides and in the rear. At about 120 km per hour sudden braking or lane changes are not an option. When a dump truck hits a road seam and a clump of mud falls off and hits the pavement, a spray of bouncing pebbles is often the result. You can't avoid them and they can cause chips. Every now and then the pebbles are large enough to chip off a good chunk of paint or put a crack in the windshield. I'm hoping the PPF will eliminate the paint chips.

That is by definition what it was designed for, but it is not a 100%, the big rocks or sharper objects will still make it through, especially as time goes on, but it will drastically reduce the volume of them.

I think some things are best left to the experts. I don't think I'd have the confidence to do it myself.
Same here. They have all the experience and proper tools and know what product works and lasts the best. You spend over 100K on a car and people worry about spending money to protect it doesn't make sense to me, but to each their own. As long as they are happy with the results thats all that matters.

Reactions: CorvetteSuperCar
The only difference between me doing paint correction and ceramic coating on my $55k Lexus versus my $100k C8 is that I was starting with better paint quality on the Lexus LOL
You know, I've seen this a LOT in my side hustle.... I've noticed that a lot of very expensive high end cars have quite a few paint "flaws" or imperfections right from the factory.... (Ferrari's are very well known in the detailing community as needed heavy paint correction and polishing before applying PPF, in fact, Ferrari dealers will budget a s**t load of hours and money to do paint correction as part of their PDI process) . Porsche 911's, even new ones have incredibly soft paint and show up from the factory with tons of swirls, McLaren's have their share of paint flaws as well. Yet, I see older Mercedes (W204, W205) C63's and older Toyota's with pretty decent paint and only needing single stage paint correction. Funny that......

You know, I've seen this a LOT in my side hustle.... I've noticed that a lot of very expensive high end cars have quite a few paint "flaws" or imperfections right from the factory.... (Ferrari's are very well known in the detailing community as needed heavy paint correction and polishing before applying PPF, in fact, Ferrari dealers will budget a s**t load of hours and money to do paint correction as part of their PDI process) . Porsche 911's, even new ones have incredibly soft paint and show up from the factory with tons of swirls, McLaren's have their share of paint flaws as well. Yet, I see older Mercedes (W204, W205) C63's and older Toyota's with pretty decent paint and only needing single stage paint correction. Funny that......
Go to Georgian detailing in Barrie... $1500.00 front end... cheapest anywhere... trust me I looked EVERYWHERE!!! :)

Reactions: JR410
got this from Top Gear wraps in vaughan today.

EEC16D56-251A-490C-864F-85D1D3ED0F8E.jpeg

I know a couple of people who have used Top Gear (very high end cars) all were very happy. This is who I am planning on using.
I just had my C8 convertible done by Prestige Auto Detailing, 10 Newkirk Road, Richmond Hill. Their phone number is 416-986-4746. The entire car with 4 applications of Ceramic Pro plus all forward facing surfaces, including side mirrors, for $2,800 plus tax. That was the best price I could find with an authorized Ceramic Pro dealer with consistently high reviews. I am very satisficed with the work done for me.

I did ppf on my own and just completed a few days ago. Bubbles of air and water all over but needled them out and after 2 days in sun a few were remaining and I worked them out. The front bumper was very difficult with most bubbles. Prep and install took about 2.5 days ( used 3M pro, next time Xpel)
I made up some cardboard cutouts to ppf some areas that need to be done especially the door scoops. Those will be done before DIY Avalon King ceramic kit , probably next week and another 3-4 days for prep and install.
My total cost was about $400.00(front partial only) but you have to consider time spent and imperfections too.

corvettec8 water.jpg c8wrap2.jpg

Last edited:
I did ppf on my own and just completed a few days ago. Bubbles of air and water all over but needled them out and after 2 days in sun a few were remaining and I worked them out. The front bumper was very difficult with most bubbles. Prep and install took about 2.5 days ( used 3M pro, next time Xpel)
I made up some cardboard cutouts to ppf some areas that need to be done especially the door scoops. Those will be done before DIY Avalon King ceramic kit , probably next week and another 3-4 days for prep and install.
My total cost was about $400.00(front partial only) but you have to consider time spent and imperfections too.
I still have the cutouts, and, if your in the area , drop by with paper and you can trace the patterns.

View attachment 81919 View attachment 81920

Well done sir.
Xpel would be easier to work with I imagine. Have you found a good seller for the Xpel already ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.