• Keep them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 13, 2017
Bruce county, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
'17 Z51 (sold)
Multiple news outlets are reporting the provincial government is considering eliminating front license plates. If you agree, please e-mail your MPP and let them know you support the move to eliminate front plates. I believe they are trying to gauge public interest before making a decision.

Premier confirms changes coming to Ontario licence plates

I've been corresponding with my local MPP and the Minister of Transportation (Jeff Yurek) the last few months about eliminating front license plates, and I like to think that my correspondence is what is driving the provincial government to consider getting rid of them (as unlikely as that is). My argument has been based around cost, fuel efficiency and the associated environmental damage, and low speed collision damage and the associated insurance claims.

Personally I think most governments never think about this type of thing, so if it's going to happen, this is our chance.

List of Ontario MPPs:
Current MPPs

Reactions: Keith Tedford
The same thing is happening in NB. There is also talk here that we may only have to register our vechicals when purchased. Right now its every year and the cost is depending on weight of vechical. Also talks about safty inspection every 2 years instead of eyeryone like it is now. Hopefully it will be passed.

Multiple news outlets are reporting the provincial government is considering eliminating front license plates. If you agree, please e-mail your MPP and let them know you support the move to eliminate front plates. I believe they are trying to gauge public interest before making a decision.

Premier confirms changes coming to Ontario licence plates

I've been corresponding with my local MPP and the Minister of Transportation (Jeff Yurek) the last few months about eliminating front license plates, and I like to think that my correspondence is what is driving the provincial government to consider getting rid of them (as unlikely as that is). My argument has been based around cost, fuel efficiency and the associated environmental damage, and low speed collision damage and the associated insurance claims.

Personally I think most governments never think about this type of thing, so if it's going to happen, this is our chance.

List of Ontario MPPs:
Current MPPs

Glad to see you taking the initiative. Would love to see it happen in ON.

Reactions: Cobravenomous
My very low opinion of the premier may be making a turn to the upside.
I hope this comes true. I had my plate and bracket off all winter (to clean back there) and reluctantly put it back on......snapped plastic hooks, and all.......what a piece of engineering that l/p holder is.....👎

With the C6, there is no place on the front that is not an eye sore, even down low, which seems to be the best of a bad situation. The only time that the police would be looking at a front plate would be when going through parking lots scanning plates for possible problem vehicles and the cars would be backed in with nothing to see.
IMG_2052.JPG

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
They’re really should be an exception for certain cars. The way yours is positioned Keith,I would be scraping,probably even folding the bottom portion as I enter and exit the approach into my gravel alley.

They’re really should be an exception for certain cars. The way yours is positioned Keith,I would be scraping,probably even folding the bottom portion as I enter and exit the approach into my gravel alley.
I had one of those remote controlled hide away license plate brackets that got wrecked at a car show. There was a little dip in the grass that wasn't obvious but enough that the bracket scraped got messed up. It was pretty flimsy so it didn't take much. I have to be careful, even at stock ride height. Hurry up and eliminate the front plate.

With the C6, there is no place on the front that is not an eye sore, even down low, which seems to be the best of a bad situation. The only time that the police would be looking at a front plate would be when going through parking lots scanning plates for possible problem vehicles and the cars would be backed in with nothing to see.
View attachment 26594
I can't see the car ... the plate is in the way.

Did not happen. They rejected the proposal and that's the end of that from my understanding. I just bought a new car for the family and there still issuing 2 plates. However I will be running my Corvette with no front plate, my previous daily driver (which I only had for 4 months) I made sure the dealer didn't put a plate or bracket on the front. I drove it 4 months without a second look. My wife works at the local hospital so there are always tons of cops there and in the area when I drop or pick her up. I've had them across from me in traffic staring right at my car and not even flinch. I hear that there are so many out of province cars in Ontario now that the cops don't even think twice to think anything of it. Either way I'm fine with the $150 ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread