Province / State
Saskatchewan
  • C5
  • SK
  • You're 5
  • 10 Years
  • You're a Regular
  • King of the Post
I received a ticket in Saskatchewan for no front plate back in 2003. I asked the officer why it mattered and he said they rely on the front plate in case the vehicle is involved in a hit and run accident (?????). I asked if he knew if Saskatchewan would be eliminating the front plate. He stated they are never going to eliminate the front plate. The next year, the government eliminated the front plate. 😆
Hopefully it will finally pass to get your front plates eliminated one of these years.

LE BARON

Power User
Jun 23, 2017
Awards
FARNHAM, QC
VetteCoins
Car
STINGRAY 2016
Province / State
Quebec
  • C7
  • QC
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're a Regular
  • Seriously Rich
  • You're Liked
I received a ticket in Saskatchewan for no front plate back in 2003. I asked the officer why it mattered and he said they rely on the front plate in case the vehicle is involved in a hit and run accident (?????). I asked if he knew if Saskatchewan would be eliminating the front plate. He stated they are never going to eliminate the front plate. The next year, the government eliminated the front plate. 😆
Hopefully it will finally pass to get your front plates eliminated one of these years.
Obviously you were ahead of your time Riley. Unfortunately you had to pay for it.

Riley P

Staff member
Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Awards
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province / State
Saskatchewan
  • C5
  • SK
  • You're 5
  • 10 Years
  • You're a Regular
  • King of the Post
Very true! No plate ticket plus an inspection. Actually, not to go off topic, when I purchased my Corvette it had tinted windows. I got pulled over and given a ticket for the tint and needed to get it inspected at the cop shop. An officer who knew Corvettes came outside. Looked at the passenger side, check, walking around to the front, looked at the headlights and said "Are those....." and cut himself off right there as I think he knew if he asked the question, I'd have to answer and he'd have to admit the headlights weren't factory. :D It was pretty good of him to cut his own question off right there.

Reactions: LE BARON

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)