Awards
Bruce county, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
'17 Z51
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're a Regular
  • You're Liked
Multiple news outlets are reporting the provincial government is considering eliminating front license plates. If you agree, please e-mail your MPP and let them know you support the move to eliminate front plates. I believe they are trying to gauge public interest before making a decision.

Premier confirms changes coming to Ontario licence plates

I've been corresponding with my local MPP and the Minister of Transportation (Jeff Yurek) the last few months about eliminating front license plates, and I like to think that my correspondence is what is driving the provincial government to consider getting rid of them (as unlikely as that is). My argument has been based around cost, fuel efficiency and the associated environmental damage, and low speed collision damage and the associated insurance claims.

Personally I think most governments never think about this type of thing, so if it's going to happen, this is our chance.

List of Ontario MPPs:
Current MPPs

Paul 06 vette

Regular
Aug 3, 2013
Awards
Saint John N.B.
VetteCoins
Car
2013 427 Convertible
  • You're Liked
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're 5
  • C6
The same thing is happening in NB. There is also talk here that we may only have to register our vechicals when purchased. Right now its every year and the cost is depending on weight of vechical. Also talks about safty inspection every 2 years instead of eyeryone like it is now. Hopefully it will be passed.

Nik

Staff member
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
Awards
Toronto, Canada
VetteCoins
Car
Province / State
Ontario
  • Seriously Rich
  • 10 Years
  • You're 5
  • Hot Chili
  • You're Celebrated
  • Ontario
Multiple news outlets are reporting the provincial government is considering eliminating front license plates. If you agree, please e-mail your MPP and let them know you support the move to eliminate front plates. I believe they are trying to gauge public interest before making a decision.

Premier confirms changes coming to Ontario licence plates

I've been corresponding with my local MPP and the Minister of Transportation (Jeff Yurek) the last few months about eliminating front license plates, and I like to think that my correspondence is what is driving the provincial government to consider getting rid of them (as unlikely as that is). My argument has been based around cost, fuel efficiency and the associated environmental damage, and low speed collision damage and the associated insurance claims.

Personally I think most governments never think about this type of thing, so if it's going to happen, this is our chance.

List of Ontario MPPs:
Current MPPs
Glad to see you taking the initiative. Would love to see it happen in ON.

Black 03 Z06

Staff member
Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Awards
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province / State
Ontario
  • You're 5
  • Hot Chili
  • You're Celebrated
  • C5
  • Ontario
  • You're a Regular
Some guy by the name of Ron Fellows wrote all over my front plate hole cover up. Now what?

Would be great to see them actually do this.

AxeZ06

Regular
Sep 2, 2018
Awards
Hamilton
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z06 Z07 3LZ
  • C7
  • You're Celebrated
  • Hot Chili
  • You're a Regular
  • You're Liked
My very low opinion of the premier may be making a turn to the upside.
I hope this comes true. I had my plate and bracket off all winter (to clean back there) and reluctantly put it back on......snapped plastic hooks, and all.......what a piece of engineering that l/p holder is.....👎

Keith Tedford

Power User
Apr 30, 2012
Awards
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 1SB
  • C6
  • You're 5
  • You're a Regular
  • King of the Post
  • You're Liked
With the C6, there is no place on the front that is not an eye sore, even down low, which seems to be the best of a bad situation. The only time that the police would be looking at a front plate would be when going through parking lots scanning plates for possible problem vehicles and the cars would be backed in with nothing to see.
IMG_2052.JPG

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
MikeysZ06

MOTM

MikeysZ06

Power User
May 3, 2017
Awards
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province / State
Alberta
  • Seriously Rich
  • Alberta
  • You're Celebrated
  • C6
  • You're a Regular
  • King of the Post
They’re really should be an exception for certain cars. The way yours is positioned Keith,I would be scraping,probably even folding the bottom portion as I enter and exit the approach into my gravel alley.

Keith Tedford

Power User
Apr 30, 2012
Awards
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 1SB
  • C6
  • You're 5
  • You're a Regular
  • King of the Post
  • You're Liked
They’re really should be an exception for certain cars. The way yours is positioned Keith,I would be scraping,probably even folding the bottom portion as I enter and exit the approach into my gravel alley.
I had one of those remote controlled hide away license plate brackets that got wrecked at a car show. There was a little dip in the grass that wasn't obvious but enough that the bracket scraped got messed up. It was pretty flimsy so it didn't take much. I have to be careful, even at stock ride height. Hurry up and eliminate the front plate.

tyho

Regular
Aug 20, 2014
Awards
toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2015 C7 Z51 M7
  • You're 5
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're a Regular
  • You're Liked
With the C6, there is no place on the front that is not an eye sore, even down low, which seems to be the best of a bad situation. The only time that the police would be looking at a front plate would be when going through parking lots scanning plates for possible problem vehicles and the cars would be backed in with nothing to see.
View attachment 26594
I can't see the car ... the plate is in the way.

vt65

Regular
Nov 13, 2009
Awards
Simcoe On
VetteCoins
Car
2008 4LT convert
  • You're 5
  • You're a Regular
any further news on this or was it just another wannabe story?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)