Wonder if we can get Gordon Lightfoot to do a song about that 58 Chev in the parking lot...

We were at the old Holiday Inn in Windsor, Ontario many years ago, it was literally right on the Detroit river (sat on piers). We were sitting on the balcony when the Arthur Anderson drifted by, it seemed spooky to see it. It was the ship that was a few miles behind the night the Edmund Fitzgerald disappeared from the surface.

It is amazing, these ships are so huge (1000 feet), especially the ones that operate in the upper great lakes but they are essentially silent.

Must have been an interesting conversation VR. :thumbs:

I see a couple of C 2's behind the 58 chev . No kidding, you seemed to find alot of the 58's in the racing pics. The 58 american Pontiac probably towed better as they had a bigger engine and it was a slightly bigger car. The car in front of the Pontiac has slicks in back , the car in front of it has what looks like ordinary nylon tires nice hugging fenders and moon discs and is plated so must be a street legal car.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Was told this was a Chevrolet advertisement for the 58 Impala. Cool sign.
View attachment 25074
.........somehow I don't believe that is a real sign. Tigers were used in Esso and Frosted Flakes commercials. 58 was the first so called big block V8 with the 348 and called it Turbo Thrust but any GM ads I ever seen had no big pussy cat in it.

1958 Chev V8 ad.jpg

348 turbo thrust 1958.jpg

Reactions: ddgermann
...place is probably still there, the dog on the steps may be gone. There is a gas bowser behind the 58. Maybe that is oil he sells from the barrel but could be gas too. That is a old trading post. Not sure what the totem like poles represented ?

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
The white 58 Brookwood wagon has a V8 in it . A friend of mine in Yorkton has a 58 Parisienne coupe same color as the above american 58 Pontiac. The silver blue Impala has dual exhaust and he swapped out the reverse light with a red lens and what almost appears to be cupboard door handles on either side of the licence plate.