Who is this guy?...:Biggrin:

temp3_0476e7b2a2bece44d31d2b2055ee36da6bbd9789.jpg

Toad had the car and picked up a hot chick that night cruising. I recently read that the 58 was finally sold. In 2015 the owner wanted a million for it but never got it. He paid I think it was 200 bucks from the movie studio back then and kept it all this time. It was starting to get shabby and I guess someone finally made a deal with him on it. The new owner restored it back to it's movie glory, except he pulled the 283 that was in it and put in what Toad said in the show, it's got a 327 chevy with 6 strombergs and that is what the man put in now. Originally the car came with a 348 and if I remember right the guy said when he bought the car a 348 tripower intake was in the trunk. There is history and pics of it on the net, even new owner with Candy Clark who played Debbie that Toad picked up on the street. This car really motivated me back then and I built a similar car just to have one, pics up this thread someplace. Lot of big actors came from this movie, my favorite Car Show seen many times.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
OK.. this is NOT a ‘58 Chevbut a custom of those days..
View attachment 23720

I love this.

Graham

.....Grrrrrrrrr !!! , that's not a 58 chev ., see what Mr Olds has to say about that.

56 Olds.jpg

............That is a nice old custom Graham, tuck 'n roll upholstery, shaved handles, frenched tail lights, reworked bumper, aerial behind the back window and more, kool kar.

the 58 Bel Air looks like it was in a fender bender, bumper kinda down on left side and fender looks repainted and missing the chrome extension bar under the headlight. The Corvair ragtop looks nice shape, spinner caps too. Pepsi rules this side of town.

Reactions: ddgermann
It is funny how we all notice different things. I had to go back and check on the bumper. When I first checked out Murray's picture, first thing I noticed was the whip antenna on the building in the background and wondered what type of enterprise would require that kind of antenna. We used to use something very similar (but not centre loaded as this one seems to be) before GPS as part of our navigation systems.

It is funny how we all notice different things. I had to go back and check on the bumper. When I first checked out Murray's picture, first thing I noticed was the whip antenna on the building in the background and wondered what type of enterprise would require that kind of antenna. We used to use something very similar (but not centre loaded as this one seems to be) before GPS as part of our navigation systems.
......hard to really make out but that might be only the base of the antenna clamped onto the pipe mast and some guide wires below ? don't think it's a load coil but hard to see for sure. My guess just a cb or ham radio.

......hard to really make out but that might be only the base of the antenna clamped onto the pipe mast and some guide wires below ? don't think it's a load coil but hard to see for sure. My guess just a cb or ham radio.

Definitely could be for a ham radio but too much for a CB I think. I saw what could be guy wires as well but couldn't really say if they were for the antenna or not. Love looking at these old pictures. What a different life back then.

This one was at a estate farm auction sale about 30 miles west of me 5 years ago. Biscayne 235 cube 6cyl powerglide . Licence plate on it was 1965. Went too rich for me but I did buy there a 60 Pontiac station wagon.

IM006935.JPG

wow, a 58 Camper Special Thatcher Wagon looks basic rust free , first one I ever seen, awesome . And there is a grey real 58 wagon in the background, wish I knew where this place was as it looks like a good one to check out before the crusher gets there..

Hey Xfire, here is one that caught my attention at World of Wheels a couple of years back. I spoke with the fellow a while, very nice guy. It's an extremely rare car, nice color combo and very tasteful I must say. Amazing workmanship and detail. Enjoy
20160220_132052.jpg
20160220_132143.jpg
20160220_132108.jpg
20160220_132030.jpg
20160220_134512.jpg
20160220_132052.jpg
20160220_132143.jpg
20160220_132108.jpg
20160220_132030.jpg
20160220_134512.jpg

...Yes the 58 Nomad is well done. I would not call it extremely rare , they are just not built by many cause the 58 Nomad was only available in a 4 door and lost the unique look that the 5-6-7's have . I have one but will not build it . What I see is that it has the Level Air script on the tail gate which if was a factory air suspension car then yes that option is very rare, but he may of just put air ride in it and put on the script...I don't know 4 sure. A mild custom is my style of doing things too like he did. I missed that Draggins Show in Saskatoon but I'm pretty sure this car was there. Do you recall or noticed that jar mounted on the rad support ? curious if that was for the factory vacuum ashtray or he did something else there ? Thanks 4 the Xcellent quality pics.