This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Park Your Vette Motel

Between Google maps and your web site, I think we have it all figured out. Street view gives a person a good view of what to expect.
I have my summer wheels and tires on the car this morning. Change out the Vararam air filter and the car is ready for another gas mileage test. 35.1 mpg has been the best so far. With not many hills, and no 120 kph speed limits, I might even beat the old record.

I haven't had the chance to wash mine. I wanted to today, but that ship has sailed, to damn busy lately. I will get to it tomorrow afternoon.

I think we have 7 cars, confirmed. Mine, Keith's, Gary, Sami, Dan, Tim and Eric seeing as the weather is looking pretty good. If anyone else wants to show up, I am waiting for the guys that have said that they are coming.

It will be 11ish take off, unless we are waiting on someone to arrive Saturday morning.

Can't wait, its finally here.

Dave

Wow... you have a great weekend planned...
I 'm a few thousand kms short of being there.

have a great time.
send a few group photos.... cars too...LOL

There's a major Corvette weekend out this way in Kelowna...
We might go there and take some pics.

graham

You can count on some pictures, and I know that I will enjoy meeting some other Corvette owners, and seeing their special cars. The cruise will be nice, and I have some nice restaurants in mind for Port Elgin. I may scan the map route, and show the way we went.

First of all, my wife and I had a great time. We had four cars, and seven people for the cruise. Here are some of the pictures:

So we headed out and took the back way to Port Elgin. I messed my own route up, but we made it nonetheless. As we got there, the sun was out, and it was a nice day all of a sudden. We wanted to eat at the Atlantic restaurant that was clearly marked on google maps. Well, we couldn't find it, and ate at Boston Pizza. Turns out, when I talked to my dad, that Boston Pizza bought that spot from Atlantic, and so I guess we did find it.

After a nice lunch, we went down to the beach, and the wall of fog was so thick, you couldn't see the water. Ice still out there, its been that cold of winter and not a very warm spring. We stopped on the side, it was very much cooler there, than it was at home. Passed the keys to Ann, and let her drive down 21 to Bayfield, where we headed back.

I would like to take this time to give a special thanks to Sami, for without him, there would be no cruise for our car. I would also like to thank Keith and his wife Dale, and Dan and his wife Eileen for coming out here as well. It was a very nice group of people we met, and Dan even showed this newbie how to get his car into performance mode.

Sami and Dan left that afternoon, but Keith and his wife stayed over, and we had a good time. Sunday morning we left out for Wasaga Beach. We missed a turn, and luckily Keith had the GPS. It was beautiful in Wasaga, very hot out. I finally had the coupe out. Keith, Dale, myself and Ann had lunch at Swiss Chalet, and then parted ways.

We drove up to Wiarton, where I talked to my dad for a while, then Ann and I headed home. I put just over 1000 kms on the car, and it performed beautifully.

Thanks once again to all who joined us. I hope we do it again next year.

Dave

Last edited: