Ummm new guy here with only a few inches of clearance on the new Z....decent roads please. eheheh

Trust me, I hate to hear scrapes too. I took the daughter to Wingham to get her new ipod. Thought I could make a U turn, because it was ashphalt to the sidewalk, not much lip. Wrong. I scraped. I will be very diligent in the route we take, rest assured.

So I know I have at least five coming for the Saturday, and one for the Sunday to Wasaga Beach. If anyone else is interested, let me know. This is shaping up to be one awesome weekend!

I am still hoping but this may be a no go. I found out this morning that my build date got moved from 6 Apr to 11 May...although they say it hasn't been confirmed. Who knows...maybe the wife and I will just take a spin up one night on the motorcycles for some introductions if all doesn't go as planned.

I am still hoping but this may be a no go. I found out this morning that my build date got moved from 6 Apr to 11 May...although they say it hasn't been confirmed. Who knows...maybe the wife and I will just take a spin up one night on the motorcycles for some introductions if all doesn't go as planned.

You would be welcome, but I have to admit, I really wanted to see your new Corvette. I am sure your disappointment is a lot worse than mine however. Patience, it will come. Hopefully sooner than later.

Dave

This sounds like a great weekend. Can't wait. Awesome cruising in the area. I like the drive from Varna up Parr Line to Benmiller area. I am in for the Saturday weather permitting of course. The snow is going to leave right?
Eric

This sounds like a great weekend. Can't wait. Awesome cruising in the area. I like the drive from Varna up Parr Line to Benmiller area. I am in for the Saturday weather permitting of course. The snow is going to leave right?
Eric

You are right, that stretch is very nice. Another favourite of mine is from North of Clinton, going up Base Line. Then get on Blyth Road for a minute, then turn right onto Nile Road. Then we can either go to 21, or follow Lucknow Line. No matter where you go around here, its nice scenery, twisty hilly roads. Awesome for some nice Corvette driving. The snow got a huge dent put in it today, and more rain for tomorrow. My fingers are crossed its gone by the end of next week.

Dave.

Getting The Itch

I'm really getting the itch for this May run. A few years ago I restored a '72 Lemans Sport 400 4 speed car. I sold it and eventually a guy in Clinton bought it and drove it for a short time. We might finally might just get to meet face to face while over there. We've sent lots of e-mails and pictures back and forth over the past few years. He's fixing up a white, 1966 Pontiac Grand Parisienne 396 4 speed car. Talk about rare. If the weather man will co-operate, it should be a great outing.

I'm really getting the itch for this May run. A few years ago I restored a '72 Lemans Sport 400 4 speed car. I sold it and eventually a guy in Clinton bought it and drove it for a short time. We might finally might just get to meet face to face while over there. We've sent lots of e-mails and pictures back and forth over the past few years. He's fixing up a white, 1966 Pontiac Grand Parisienne 396 4 speed car. Talk about rare. If the weather man will co-operate, it should be a great outing.

does carl still have the vette keith ?

Oh man. It was such a great day for a cruise. I put the battery back in the vette last night, and I fired her up. Let her idle, and get up to temp. Took her to London today, and looked at a motorhome with the wife. She bought it. On the way home, took out the roof, as we own a coupe, and drove up HWY 21 to Grand Bend, to get back home. AWESOME! Thank you Sami, she drove great thanks to you.

I can't wait for May 24 weekend, and its coming up fast. I have a few people that have decided to come with us. I would love to see more. Please let me know if your interested, we would love to have you join our cruise. The good times, and good weather, is starting to come around!

I would love to see this car too, Keith. Sounds beautiful.

Dave

Carl with the Grand Parisienne lives in Clinton a mile or so from your place. Perhaps we can have a show and tell at the motel. :)
It should be a great weekend. After our drive yesterday, we are all the more ready for the run across highway 9. Cruise nights around our area generally start right after the long weekend.

Went for a cruise today, top out, great day for it. Only two weeks away now. I hope the weather is as nice in two weeks as it is this weekend. I really need a break, the wife and I have been redoing rooms for 3 months now, finally all done.

I can't wait to see and meet those of you that are coming. I would love to have some more of you come out. We still have lots of room, even if its just for the day.

Give me a call at 519 482 3469 if your interested.

Dave

There are getting to be quite a few Corvettes on the road now around here. Motorcycles are everywhere. The weekend outing that you are planning should be great. That Highway 9 run across country to your area is always a nice run. We got quite familiar with that route when two of our kids were in army cadets and went to the Ipperwash camp in the summer. After 20 years in the army, Bosnia, Kosovo, Kabul and Kandahar, Dave is finally, officially a civilian once again. I know what you are talking about with the renovation thing. I've spent the past six weeks doing new laminate flooring and trim in the basement and that is pretty well done. Anyway, it will be nice to go on a run in newer territory. Same old around here gets a little repetitive and we are going to enjoy what you have planned. See you a week from Friday. :driving:

Long Range Forecast Looking Good

It's too far out to be accurate, but at least it is looking good for the next weekend. I just have to install our summer wheels and tires, programme the GPS and we are about ready to go. Across Highway 9 is such a nice drive and no big city traffic. Will be there Friday afternoon. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.