Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
Hey Stainsy,

The thread looked great with how you edited it. I was just doing some cleaning up and deleting a post deleted the thread!?!?

If you could please post up your information again with the location and date, that would be great and I apologize to you and the others who responded and may have questions waiting to be answered.

I'll let Dave do the preamble and statistics and such but here's the link to his Motel in Clinton:

Parker House Motel - A Great Place to Stay

Here's some copy and pastes from another forum:

Stainsy said:
I am a new member here, just bought my first Corvette in April of this year. Its been an adventure, to say the least if any of you have read any of my previous threads. 2015 is going to be a great year for cruising I hope.

My wife and I live out in Clinton, Ontario. We own the Parker House Motel. Out here we have lots of long, twisty roads, with hills, and the views are incredible. We aren't to far from the main beaches either. Port Elgin, Kincardine, Goderich, Bayfield, and Grand Bend to name a few.

Ever since I bought my new toy, I have wanted nothing more than to see the parking lot full of Corvettes, and maybe organize some long cruises. I am open to suggestions, and if you only want to come for the day, or stay overnight, the choice is yours.

Parker House Motel - A Great Place to Stay is my website.

Ontario's West Coast | Countryside to Coastline is a travel guide.

Let me know if any of you are interested. I was thinking the May long weekend, which starts Friday May 15/15. All Corvettes and drivers welcome. I only have fifteen rooms, so it will depend on the amount of interest there is.

Dave

Last edited:
Posted by NoShade:

NoShade said:
Dave

I just bought my first 'vette in September this year... Didn't have much time to enjoy it before it got tucked away! Although we live in Mississauga now my wife and I are both originally from the Sarnia area. We are always going back and fourth to visit family and such. We'd be interested in a Corvette gathering down your way for sure!

by GDH and Dave

gdh said:
Hi Dave, does Clinton hosts a fairly big weekly cruise in night? We were through there the other summer in our 72 and ppl at the Tim's were telling us about a big show. Very nice area of the country and a great cruise over from Orangeville area. Some of those farms btn Palmerston and your area are massive.

stainsy said:
The only big show I know of is in Bayfield, I am not sure what weekend. There is no weekly cruise night that I am aware of around here. My wife and I are not really from this area, we only bought the motel 8 years ago. We have spent most of our time fixing it up, and working it. As for the size of some of those farms between here and Palmerston, your not kidding.

When I said there were miles of highway, with awesome views, it is an understatement. I know that you can drive miles and miles without having to stop. A big change from the big cities. When I bought my car from the previous owner, he lived in London. He was shocked at how little I had to shift. He said wow, you haven't had to shift in like 20 mins. So yes, there are great highways for cruising, and great destinations for us to find some things to do.

My vision of this weekend is non commercialized. I want to have fun, doing what the majority wants to do. Cruising is the main thing on my agenda. By all means, nobody has to do what the rest is doing if they don't want to. Its a no pressure, drive and enjoy meeting the owners and looking at other Corvette's weekend as far as I am concerned.

Originally Posted by:

sami85L98 said:
I been to your motel 4 times, i did really enjoyed driving out thier in your country, its just different than in city like GTA, heck i even enjoyed working in your garage as huge farm field next to your garage......which was just unique in good way, i will be there and count me in, but this time i wanna park vette and enjoy driving out there and not turning wrenches.....lol

You should start a fresh thread again just prior to spring, its too early now to talk about spring events....

Dave said:
Don't worry Sami, no work being done that weekend. Its purely for Corvettes, cruising and good times. I am glad you want in. Let me know how many nights you want. I won't start a new thread, I will bump this one several times.

Last edited:
from Tim ........

Tim said:
Dave,

This is one of the best weekend getaway ideas I have heard of so far! I'm positive the missus and I will try to free up the weekend and join you. I am frequently in the area and know the roads well, but, haven't had the 73 up there yet. I do know there is a clean looking red 72 in the Zurich area as well.

Tim

and from Dave:

Stainsy said:
Well, its Friday the 13th in March. The snow is melting, and I am getting that itch. I want to take the Corvette for a drive so badly. Not yet however, still lots of snow where I am. I am hoping that March break gets rid of it all. Even as I write this, I want to go against common sense. I really want to drive the car.

However, the good weather is coming. I hope to see and meet a lot of fellow Corvette owners on the May 24 weekend. All are welcome. I really want to fill the parking lot with Corvettes. Long stretches of highway to cruise along here, and I know there will be a lot of great people. I am looking forward to that weekend almost as much as I am getting my car out.

Winter sucks, but spring and summer are coming!

and........

stainsy said:
My wife, Ann, and I, have put a lot of work into this motel. You can see the pictures of the rooms, and we are currently freshening up all the rooms again. Replacing some carpets, toilets, all new switches and outlets. I installed HD Bell Satellite tv in November. I think for a country motel, we have a nice place. Its not new, but you will find we have put plenty of sweat equity into it. Also, our WiFi is now 80 down, and 10 up, with three waps. (Web Access Point) Should be five bars across the whole place.

Ann and myself are really looking forward to that weekend. We took our first booking for that weekend this morning. I really want to meet other Corvette owners, and enjoy a nice weekend. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

and........

VT65 said:
welcome to the forum Stainsy. 1st time i've seen your post, the Bayfield Vet fest is July 4th & 5th, it's a very large Corvette only show, you are not far away so you should be full that w/e, i'll pass it on about the Motel to our Vet club, i'll be in touch ... Rob

and........
dankhts said:
So like whatcha thinkin Stainsy - bunch of us meet out at your place for sort of an impromptu get together/car show/meet 'n greet then go for a scenic cruise in your area? I'm in, what day/time? Must be some nice scenery to cruise out that way, you'll have to lead the way though ...

and......answering previous post:

stainsy said:
I think you have the right idea Dan. Bunch of us meet here Saturday at my motel by 11am. If anyone wants to come the night before they are welcome. We'll head up to Kincardine, or Port Elgin on Saturday and find a place to eat. Its a nice long cruise. Anyone coming is welcome to give advice on a good place to eat.

I am not remiss to doing something Sunday or Monday either. If there is enough interest, it can be done.

.......and from the 16th.:

stainsy said:
I think you have the right idea Dan. Bunch of us meet here Saturday at my motel by 11am. If anyone wants to come the night before they are welcome. We'll head up to Kincardine, or Port Elgin on Saturday and find a place to eat. Its a nice long cruise. Anyone coming is welcome to give advice on a good place to eat.

I am not remiss to doing something Sunday or Monday either. If there is enough interest, it can be done.

Dave -- I did as much as I had time for. If you need any modifications to any of the posts just let me know.

It's looking real good for May.:D

Glad to help.

Cheers,
Colin.

No problems Riley P, and CCO, you did a great job reposting and getting the idea across. Stuff happens, trust me I know. All the facts seem to be there. I have another member here, that booked for the Friday and Saturday. Wife wants to go to Wasaga Beach on the Sunday since we haven't been there since our honeymoon.

As I said to Dan last night, I will go out, and scope a route the weekend before, so I know where the construction is, if any, so we can avoid it. Find a nice restaurant to end up at, with no big lips or anything for the parking lot. I will do that for Wasaga Beach as well if there is enough interest to go there.

I am thinking the Friday night is great for getting settled, and getting to meet the owners and admiring cars. However, both mornings we will hang in the parking lot, and drink Timmies, and take off around 11am. As I said before, no one has to stay unless they want to. This is a no pressure, no stress weekend. I know I need it, and I am looking forward to it.

Lots of the newer Corvettes are ground clearance challenged. Once lowered it can be a real problem. You won't be alone in that department. We have a gravel driveway and I had to rake some of the crown off the centre just to get through without the front air dam scraping and we are at stock ride height. :(

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.