Good (early) morning!

Almost enough to make a grown man cry this sort of thoughtfulness!!

Just trying to get through things day by day awaiting the phone call to tell me what is what.

I am feeling great, the crops look excellent, it is a bit of the hot side, well for me anyway, and I just happen to be up now, 2 am as there was a spot of rain that I heard falling (one of my favorite sounds) and I wanted to make sure the doors and windows were open to cool off the interior of the house.

Country living can be so nice. My son and I go for walks in the morning together, well maybe more like I drag him kicking and screaming, but yesterday not 20 feet from my back door were two fawns and when I got back home the doe was about 40' away chewing on my too long lawn! Sorry for teh washed out fawn picture, it was taken into the rising sun.

Took the Z06 to get the mail yesterday with my son, we both agreed that we were lucky to have a car like this to use. Even took a drive around town looking for Pokemon Go players but couldn't see any obvious ones.

My gf was good enough with her nursing of me that she even changed the Steri-strips and it was interesting to get my first look at the area uncovered and it looks to healing just fine.

One minor issue I suppose, the lymphodema in my left arm appears to be getting worse. I mean if they're removing lymph node samples from an area that was already compromised you expect this but it is really getting swollen. And sadly not too much that can be done about this outide of a compression sleeve.................

But could be the least of my problems eh!

Cheers,

Garry

P1050462.JPG
P1050469.JPG

Reactions: Keith Tedford
Fear not! I was not quiet for any other reason that there was no news to share yet. Good, bad or otherwise you'll be getting the gen as soon as I know. Can't have you guys carrying me and not keep you in the loop too. You're (car) family to me now!

Yep. Gotta love the farm living. Well maybe not the bear cub (never saw mommy) that I saw 20 feet or so from my back door a few weeks back. Scared the daylights out of me and still makes me nervous when I go outside now. Lost my innocence of assuming there are no dangers here. Seeing bear scat on the road just in front of my place yesterday is not helping me either! The bears must go running when I start the Z06 up though!

OK - time to go singing in the rain!

Cheers,

Garry

Attempting my return to normalcy............there will be a call from the cancer council at some point but that is not something that I can impact. It may also be good or bad and I can't control that either. So......................back to my mid-life (or mid-summer) crisis..............

I went to test drive my first convertible yesterday! Don't get excited, a 4 seater and yes a Mustang. I considered dropping more $ initially but also gave some thought that while I await any health news there was another option. Look for something that was not so expensive and if i didn't care for it I could roll it without the loss of too much $.

You'd have thought the starts aligned for me. A 1999 Mustang, yellow and in the area - Grande Prairie. The story is funny too as I looked at the email of the person who sent it and I thought I know this person, I think. It turns out I did. The owner was my sister's best friend in high school and i even took her to my sister's graduation dance in 1981. I thought this must be good.

Now the car is a V6, 5 speed but has 200,000 or 230,000 km (depends on if you believe Car Fax) but she was asking $5500 and said she'd take $4800 and it has new tires last year and a new roof in 2013.

It drove well enough, tracked straight, braked well, accelerated as well as it could for 190 hp (!). My son in the rear seat said he was comfortable and my gf beside me found it nice too. Leather seats. AC even worked.

Even, much to my surprise, not knowing much about convertibles, a power roof. I expected it would be manual. But release the two locking levers at the top of the windshield, park brake on and push the button. Now that was so cool! My son just loved waving his hands in the air!

One issue though. The transmission. It doesn't like to shift into gear. Now if you shut the engine off it is fine and then start it and away you go. Up shifts and down shifts fine even from 2nd to 1st at 20 to 30 km/hr. Apparently it may have to do with a cable being stretched. But I'm not into mechanical things that much right now until my shoulder fully heals.

So I'm going to give it a pass I think. But it did make me realize that this is the sort of driving experience I'd enjoy and jealous of the convertible owners on the forum!

With luck maybe a trip to Edmonton this week and yes even to see the folks at the cancer clinic would be a good excuse to look at more prospects.

Cheers,

Garry

Garry my wife and I rented a Mustang convertible one time when I was on a business trip to Vancouver. We were heading back to Vancouver from Squamish when it started to rain very hard, who knew it rains on the Pacific Coast. It was amazing how quickly the top went up. We got a little wet but it took time to pull of to the side of the road. It was a nice car, 5 litre with an automatic.

Take care of yourself, we are all hoping for good news.

....One thing I really miss the sound of is driving a convertible in the rain. I had a 67 Impala SS396 and the sound of rain on that big roof was really cool . Speaking of rain, Velocity send me some extra if you got cause here on my farm it has been a rare thing this year, I'm guessing maybe 15 bushel canola on some fields, mud on the road is a rare thing to see so far. Hope your health issues turn out for the best.

You'd think that would have been the end of it. Nope. She offered to drop the price another $800........ I have to say I'm getting tempted. Even if I didn't keep it I'm sure I could roll it next spring to some young kid as that is not a terrible amount of $ to come up with.

It is sort of like my fleet of $2 - $3500 diesel tandem grain trucks. Use for two years and after that pure profit and I've got four of them now and all still running strong!

So the convertible could be the same way. If I was able to fix the clutch or whatever problem it is I'm sure I'd get enough use out of it to warrant buying it. And like I told my son, 4 1/2 from now he'll get his drivers license and he is not going to be getting the Z06!!!!!!!!

I'd never considered the sound in the rain, I'll be looking forward to trying that at some point! Sounds cool as I know I like it on tin roofs of the buildings here.

Gave my shoulder a workout this afternoon - changing the rear wheel bearing in the sedan, I have to do the front right ball joint but not sure I'm strong enough for that.

XFIRE82, my heart goes out. My first year home I experienced 12 bu/ac canola, what a homecoming. It just never rained. We had about 13 mm over three days last week which was so welcome but nothing coming up for the next 5 or 6 days and back up to the high 20's.

Must make it convertible weather!

But if we do get rain I'll make sure to direct it your way pronto! It is a bit late for wheat (it wold increase 1000 k weight) but if the canola is still flowering it might spring back a bit.

But should give you high protein wheat at least..............

So I told the lady I'd let her know tomorrow if I'd take the car.

No one with Mustang tranny/clutch experience they'd like to share??

And no calls from the cancer council today either................

Cheers,

Garry

Truck fueled, trailer hitched, tire pressures checked, I'm off to get my convertible! Maybe home after supper. Told my gf that I'm off to get some bookshelves...............I am so pumped!

Soon to be like Riley, a Corvette and Mustang in the family!

Truck fueled, trailer hitched, tire pressures checked, I'm off to get my convertible! Maybe home after supper. Told my gf that I'm off to get some bookshelves...............I am so pumped!

Soon to be like Riley, a Corvette and Mustang in the family!

I have a Mustang and a Corvette........ join the group!

and best wishes with all your life's challenges

Brian

Well just remember while the Z06 is not that used, this Mustang has seen some use. But always a case of my expectations are in line with my purchase price!

Arrived home, safe and sound. Car unstrapped but not unloaded yet.

Excited!!

Now unloaded! I hope I am not breaking any obscenity laws on the site with the pictures Riley.........!

I have to admit that I'm pretty excited. Insurance and registration tomorrow, oil change and a trip to the car wash..............

Attachments

• P1050479.JPG
    P1050479.JPG
    339.5 KB · Views: 14
  • P1050483.JPG
    P1050483.JPG
    396 KB · Views: 13
  • P1050485.JPG
    P1050485.JPG
    365.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
...well looks like you'll get to hear the rain on the roof, let's hope it is not the big frozen type that comes down !! and I can't help notice, yellow shirt, yellow cap, yellow trailer, yellow table and chairs, another yellow car !!!!! , Iron is good medicine, even though this one has some plastic on it , enjoy the new ride.

And while it is in storage and has not been on the road in a long time, like maybe 8 or 10 years, a yellow Dakota is part of the team too!

We had some hail but it was way back maybe 3 or 4 weeks after seeding and no damage done. But too be sure it could yet be the Joker in the deck.

Driving home there are some really awesome looking canola crops at Fairview. I mean they normally have great crops but the canola is just so nice and tangled and lodged, they'll be some purchases for tax evasion there no doubt.

I could go for a ride right now but I have to wait to get insurance. I'm going to get another personalized plate too I think and while I have N0CANSR and trust me I'd get N0CANCR for the convertible but I don't have that news yet. So I have to think of something else that would be appropriate for me at this stage.

I have to fabricate a new bracket to hold up the right side muffler that Diane had break off over a speed bump at Canadian Tire as my first project but otherwise I don't think that other than the clutch cable there is anything urgent with the car. It already has a cold air intake so engine-wise I am not sure if there is anything there I can consider.

Again last night I found the seat really comfortable, not for making a lot of lateral acceleration perhaps but I bet that I won't have any back pain on longer trips. Nice soft leather and I was surprised no signs of left side bolster wear from getting in and out of it either.

Cheers,

Garry

well Velocity I kinda like yellow too. Drove my coupe around for years in a dusty rose primer I mixed up but I think it was around 1997 when the Mustang came out in that hot yellow that just stuck out , so that is what I put on the coupe. Yellow / black and chrome catch the eye. And no rain no hail , just cooking hot now , crops are turning color here fast.

Bad38july3-03 002.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Good morning XFIRE82,

Odd, but I think I can remember my first exposure to a car in yellow that did me in for yellow. 1985 or 1986 at the parking lot at college and a Chevelle that was painted that colour and I just in love.

I never really paid attention but what a fantastic collection of vehicles you have!

I'm sorry that there has been no relief for the crops. Nothing that hurts worse than watching things go downhill day after day, when you've reached the point of no return and running combines over the same number of acres and there being nothing there.

Our first year of farming, 1980, was like that. A 90 plus acre field of canola and we never even had to bring the grain truck home from the field to unload it. Dad must have been made from pretty stern stuff.

I was never really a Mustang fan, odd enough. But at least the Fox body 1999-2004 I could stop averting my eyes. I think another issue is how frequently you see them. Yesterday, I can't even say how many I saw when I went to PR, maybe 12, maybe 15? And just one C5. But I am also thankful that through Mustang I am getting my convertible experience and a 4 seater one at that.

I ordered a new aluminium clutch quadrant for the car, the people from "The Mustang Shop" in Calgary said that this was a more likely culprit than the cable stretching. I hope it will not be too hard to change.

So the oil is changed, fan belt replaced, washed the engine compartment and car. I need to give the interior a bit of a cleaning, vacuum it and then it should be serviceable.

I also managed to get my plate ordered, "RNB0DSH". But I'm prepared to shell out the fee again for the Z06's twin "N0CANCR" if I am able to, just for the pleasure of owning it!

Going to try to follow an auction sale today, maybe some bins and some combines I'm interested in. But sure if the prices will be low enough but you always have to be prepared in case an opportunity presents itself.

Uncomfortable temperatures here, for me at least, but showers still forecast for the weekend and Monday.

Stay cool if you are able!

Cheers,

Garry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.