....hey Garry , sounds like you are into that little ford . well good that you can get to enjoy it quick and it is not some long term project that takes years before a guy can finally drive it. I'm taking off to Kramer's Auction in North Battleford this morning, always a ton of stuff there . I'm a old die hard Massey guy and I just gotta see up close the last of the 860 combines ( 1987 ) that has only 1368 hours, the paint looks unreal in the site pictures. You can follow the auction online if wanted . Not uncommon to have Alberta guys bidding online during the sale and hear sold to someone there.

A Massey with 1368 hours that is 29 years old? Oh no XFIRE82, you've got it all wrong. That machine is houred out - most Masseys don't run long enough to get in 40 or 50 hours a year in between breakdowns!!!

Seriously, was it some retired guy doing a quarter or two a year? I've heard of this machines coming up once every year or two. Must be a cherry machine with that little use. Most of mine have 4000 plus hours (JD's) but with 4 combines usually two of them that ever get used but all are prepared, they have an easy life on our small farm. Nice thing is there shouldn't be too many interested it so you may be lucky.

I'd like to upgrade but I'm very price sensitive. Also they are wants and not needs so it is easy to let them go by if they exceed my budget. I'm always willing to wait for another opportunity.

As for the Mustang, given the purchase price, what could go wrong. For me it is perspective, the Ford was less than twice the price of a set of new tires that Manny put on the Z06 for me. So if I screw something up, the engine or tranny blows, I'm actually sort of good with just pushing it into the bush. Every km I drive it just brings it close to the very short number of km's I actually need to drive it for before I've gotten my $ out of it.

I hope to fasten the right muffler back up. I want to make the proper bracket and not just haywire it back into the right height.............

Better try for another hours sleep now.

Let me know how the sale goes...........

Cheers,

Garry

Good afternoon Riley,

Yes, it is a bit odd to think that I am now a member of the Pony car club. Those that previously I felt pity for as they didn't know what a real car was like.

A little rain spitting but not too much. Went to town, took the Mustang, roof down, met my parents, gave mom a ride, she thought it was great, dad never said a thing! Aidan thought it was so much fun having his hands above his head and the wind rushing down on him. Can't put a price on that sort of fun! It is a fun car to drive but requires a bit more effort to have it feel sporty. Maybe I have just been spoiled with the Z06................

No combines for Garry today, farmers around here must still have too much $$$$$$.

Hopefully Massey deals for XFIRE82 went better!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.