Riley, don't think I haven't thought many times about just BUYING one... as a matter of fact I just watched the last Barrett Jackson, in whatever new city it was in, and there were so many cars going so cheap it was nuts.

This car is my personal albatross that I must complete because so many people have told me I could never do it. So now, what choice do I have? I can't prove them right!

I would like to put in an LS motor + 6 sp (like the 'Vette) but I think that will be saved for the next project- too much money and work for a 4 dr, unfortunately. Just gonna throw in a small block/aout tranny to get it on the road.

2010 Corvette Coupe blue
1976 Corvette Stingray red (frame-off resto)
2007 Dodge Laramie black, on black n silver 20's, tinted & chromed out
1989 GMC Sierra 6.2L diesel currently holding down the driveway in need of some TLC

2010 Corvette Coupe blue
1976 Corvette Stingray red (frame-off resto)
2007 Dodge Laramie black, on black n silver 20's, tinted & chromed out
1989 GMC Sierra 6.2L diesel currently holding down the driveway in need of some TLC

Ha! Holding down the driveway. I have a car holding down a friends lawn. Have you posted pics of your 76? I can't remember.

Riley, don't think I haven't thought many times about just BUYING one... as a matter of fact I just watched the last Barrett Jackson, in whatever new city it was in, and there were so many cars going so cheap it was nuts.

This car is my personal albatross that I must complete because so many people have told me I could never do it. So now, what choice do I have? I can't prove them right!

I would like to put in an LS motor + 6 sp (like the 'Vette) but I think that will be saved for the next project- too much money and work for a 4 dr, unfortunately. Just gonna throw in a small block/aout tranny to get it on the road.

Totally makes sense and I am not one to talk and it goes without saying but remember that the most important person to take care of in this project is you and ultimately it's your decision whether to do it or not. People may have said you could never do it. Well, what if you can but chose a new path? That doesn't mean you quit or can't do it. You're not proving them right. It just means you are evaluating the project as you go along and making informed decisions. Me, I think it would be cool to see you complete it and I hope you take pictures along the way so you can share it with the rest of us. I can only dream of having the skills to do a project like that. It sounds awesome.

I can only dream of having the skills to do a project like that. It sounds awesome.
Whether or not I have the skills is debatable, but I'm doing the best I can with the time and skills I have. Two skills I need help with, and likely the most important to keeping any project on track, are time management and motivation.

Money, while not really a skill, also helps to further things and is always a factor in project delays.

Being super-fussy also delays things. I look with a critical eye at some of the projects on the road, but... at least they are on the road, and not stuck between some guys vision of ideal and incompletion!

I should have been working on it the last 3 days, but the warm weather here pulled me away...

DeTomaso

I'll see if this works...

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 13
great rides everyone. I've had many over the years including a '68 Shelby GT500, several GT's, Infiniti's, and Lexus. Only had 2 Bowtie's so far.-- 3rd one on the way, tho, and probably the best ride I'll ever have: an '11 GS.

Better be good; I traded my IS-F in on it.

Love the BMW--those rims available for my C6? Exactly what I want--think it would look sharp with black!

By the way, my other moneypit is a 2008 Avalanche LTZ. Just put my 180,000th kilometer on her and she drives like new. Aside from a sweating strut and power steering, she's all good! Just put new Pirelli's on today.

my wish would be for my Vibe to have a turbo !!
But Manny can't get a LSX engine to fit. [vbg]

Can you imagine the other mods I would need to do, if there were,say, 350rwhp
on the vehicle. Talk about $$$. And an equal amount of fun.

Tony, welland

my wish would be for my Vibe to have a turbo !!
But Manny can't get a LSX engine to fit. [vbg]

Can you imagine the other mods I would need to do, if there were,say, 350rwhp
on the vehicle. Talk about $$$. And an equal amount of fun.

Tony, welland

Might look impossible to us Tony, but a piece of cake for our magic man Manny.:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread