Richmond Hill
VetteCoins
Thread Title Style (Sponsors)
Thread Highlight (Sponsors)
Car
2020 Corvette Mid
Province
ON
Yesterday, while driving home from work, I sat at a red light with my thoughts off in someplace where thoughts seem to go while waiting at a red light doing the same drive that you have done a million times before.

My conscious brain was abruptly smacked back into reality by a distinct engine rev that was immediately followed by a low-end rumble from a performance exhaust that could only be created by a 6.2L Supercharged V8 packing 755 hp of American Muscle!

I turned my head to the right, and there in the lane beside me was a 2019 ZR1 Corvette in Sebring Orange Tintcoat that forced me to say the following out loud - DAMN SEBRING LOOKS SO PROPER ON THE ZR1!!!

With the recent announcement that General Motors will be retiring what I believe to be the most popular orange paint option offered to date on the Corvette, I can't help but wonder... Will the new Amplify Orange Tintcoat (Name not confirmed) be able to live up to where Sebring Orange Tintcoat left off.

It is way too early to tell, and trying to formulate any opinion of how the 2022 Stingray will look in its new orange-based off of leaked paint chips photos is foolish. (Let's be honest we are all going to do it anyway!)

What I can say however with complete confidence is that if the new colours are anything similar to Red Mist Metallic Taintcoat and Silver Flair Metallic, then we are all in for a special treat and if you were the Gentleman in the 2019 Sebring Orange ZR1 I crossed paths with yesterday while driving home... "DAM YOU'RE ZR1 IS SEXY!"

Below are a few photos of possibly my all-time favorite Corvette a 2008 Corvette Z06 in Atomic Orange Metallic.

Don't be shy I would love to see photos of yours and hear your thoughts on which Corvette Orange paint option wears the crown?

c2.png

c3.png

c4.png

Screenshot 2021-04-20 115619.png

Those are great Orange's, but my heart still belongs to the old classic, Hugger Orange. I owned an old 78 Malibu 4 speed manual with dual flat black racing stripes and Hugger Orange. That thing turned heads everywhere I went. I miss that car!

Those are great Orange's, but my heart still belongs to the old classic, Hugger Orange. I owned an old 78 Malibu 4 speed manual with dual flat black racing stripes and Hugger Orange. That thing turned heads everywhere I went. I miss that car!
Is that the one that got away?! 😂

I stand corrected, I now love it!!
There doesn't seem to be any middle ground on Orange Vettes. You either like them or you don't.
The week after I got my Sebring Orange C8, a friend stopped in to see it.
His first question was "why that colour" in a disapproving tone.
It's a good thing we don't all drive Red Vettes! Only 25% of us.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.