Exactly... and they will elect this asshat Justin again. The States fights for every single thing they have because they know if you give in just a little for whatever reason they won't stop and will keep taking. What do Canadians do... just roll over and keep taking the hits.
Hey. Careful who you're calling "they"...We may have some apathetic people but definitely no 'theys' out here... lol...

Someone is selling a car I'm interested in and they will be taking their private number plate off. How does this work on my end? Do you need to get a new plate for it if they don't have the original?

Never been in this scenario before and I can't find anything on the DVLA.
This is the normal SOP for licensing a new to you vehicle. The plate always stays with the owner. You will need the vehicle portion of the permit (and receipt for tax purposes), take that to your local Service Ontario location and buy new tags. Easy peasy.

View attachment 44588 Just bend it in the moulded spot.
8AA58AED-B848-444B-8314-8E9A8A148C18_1_105_c.jpeg

It was the same on the C7...I had the dealer install it...they did a good job & bent the plate to fit.

Reactions: 12cents
Doug Ford originally said he was going to eliminate the front plates. Then he got hit with a lot of blow back from the Police Association and he said he would review it at a later date. Then COVID hit and nothing will happen until COVID is under control (Thanks for no vaccine Justin - blame falls solely on him). I'd suggest people do what I do, tweet, comment on facebook and all social media plateform to Doug, the transportation minister and Ontario PC Party. I even send them emails. They won't do it until everyone bombards them. By the way, Ontario is only 1 of 3 remaining provinces that still require the front plate.
A quick email to your MPP will certainly help. I have gone this route on other issues and it does help. Yes, I always get a reply. I am not a supporter of the front plate for numerous reasons. At least the C8 mounting location is not too gawd awful.

Doug Ford originally said he was going to eliminate the front plates. Then he got hit with a lot of blow back from the Police Association and he said he would review it at a later date. Then COVID hit and nothing will happen until COVID is under control (Thanks for no vaccine Justin - blame falls solely on him). I'd suggest people do what I do, tweet, comment on facebook and all social media plateform to Doug, the transportation minister and Ontario PC Party. I even send them emails. They won't do it until everyone bombards them. By the way, Ontario is only 1 of 3 remaining provinces that still require the front plate.
I remember something on the news in the spring this year where MOT announced the results of their periodic review of the front plate issue. They said that they were going to retain it for the foreseeable future as a result of input from the OPP who wished to retain it for several reasons. Main reason seemed to be that they now do automated license plate scanning in big malls looking for wanted or stolen cars and plates. There were a couple of other rather minor reasons mentioned.

I remember something on the news in the spring this year where MOT announced the results of their periodic review of the front plate issue. They said that they were going to retain it for the foreseeable future as a result of input from the OPP who wished to retain it for several reasons. Main reason seemed to be that they now do automated license plate scanning in big malls looking for wanted or stolen cars and plates. There were a couple of other rather minor reasons mentioned.
Yet the 10 other provinces and territories can do their work just fine. I guess the police forces in Ontario, BC and Manitoba are not up to snuff.

Yet the 10 other provinces and territories can do their work just fine. I guess the police forces in Ontario, BC and Manitoba are not up to snuff.
Different rules for different fools....lol... As much as I wish we had your window tint relaxation and your 8 digit personalized plates, I wouldn't trade for our single plate and legal radar detectors...lol... I have never been ticketed for my vehicle window tints in 8 years but I think about it every time I see a police officer. Guessing it's the same down there with the front plates. Cop just served with divorce papers or caught his wife sleeping with the pool boy might be in a bad mood and take it out on you.... :Biggrin:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread