Apr 30, 2012
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 1SB
When GM went through the bankruptcy protection deal, there was some funny stuff going on between the old GM going away and the new GM taking over less all the baggage. A judge in New York recently was to make a decision on where the money between old and new was going. I never did hear what the decision was.

General Motors Corporation Is Dead. Did Anyone Notice? - LSXTV

Last edited:
In the US most judges are appointed meaning they have political ties somewhere .Therefore you can always find a judge somewhere to do something if it'll help one of the political parties .

Second initially when GM was in such dire straights the Gov't could not allow GM to go down the tube as they have huge direct and or indirect ties to the military .

The GM crises came in the first part of Obama's administration and who knows what he received for advice good or bad .At the time of election Obama hadn't run a hot dog stand his back ground was a political activist .Each president ends up with advisers most of which have an agenda based on past favors and boarder line corruption .

Non the less ,I feel GM will survive ,for the US it;s a matter of national security and to some degree Canada's .

There that's my view point from this side of the boarder and about as serious as I want to get :D

There was a company looking for an accountant and people were being interviewed. The first was a mathematician. The question was simple. What is six plus four. Fearing this was a trick question, he says that the answer is somewhere between 9.5 and 10.5. Next is a physicist who claims to work in extremely accurate numbers. What is six plus four. Again, fearing a trick question, he answers that it is somewhere between 9.99999999 and 10.0000000001. The next guy is a lawyer. And you want to be our accountant. Yes. Ok, what is six plus four? The lawyer looks all around then leans over and whispers, "What do you want it to be?"
I think he works for GM now. ;)

Interesting and Sad...
Too bad Americans and Canadians don't speak up via more social media..

I know I bitch and complain, but never to the right source...

The rich have developed a sense of "entitlement" that is beyond comprehension, and change

With all the government involvement in GM during the recession there have been a ton of shady deals and goings on. When I was at Z06Fest in Bowling Green, KY., one of the moderators, Jimmy who is a retired police officer for NYPD said that the latest contract from OnStar allows them to give information to your insurance provider. OnStar tracks your vehicle information(driving habits, etc.) randomly and then sends it to you insurance. If you are a spirited driver or race your Vette then your insurance goes up or you get dropped. He said that he pulled the fuse for OnStar and didn't renew his contract. Makes me wonder about this new Drive Clean OBD 2 program. Not to sound paranoid, but is the government trying to impose on how we drive our vehicles, or modify them?:mad:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Our governments have grown to the point that they have become self serving entities and want to grow. Unfortunately, I believe that the big multinational corporations control those at the top who have been elected. It's not good for the average joe on the street who has no idea as to what is going on behind closed doors. Two terms and you are out should be standard across the board in Canada as well as the U.S. and not just for the President....for them all. It helps keep corruption at bay. Could be wrong though. :(

Our governments have grown to the point that they have become self serving entities and want to grow. Unfortunately, I believe that the big multinational corporations control those at the top who have been elected. It's not good for the average joe on the street who has no idea as to what is going on behind closed doors. Two terms and you are out should be standard across the board in Canada as well as the U.S. and not just for the President....for them all. It helps keep corruption at bay. Could be wrong though. :(
I don't think your wrong at all .One issue is that the press in the US which should be un-bias is to some degree bought and paid for and money wins elections .I can't believe it is as bad in Canada .

in canada elf the political situation has come to the point where a minority government has become more desirable. the party that garners the majority of seats in an election forms the government with that party's leader becoming prime minister. so essentially if the member elected to your district or riding belongs to an opposition party you are not effectively represented. without a majority the opposition members can call a non confidence vote and force an election. this can be costly and disruptive but unfortunatly it is about the only way to stop unwanted legislation or a prime minister with a personal agenda.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.