Does anyone actually rotate the tires?
Not on tires that are directional! lol
So you got nothing! :(

Tires are not directional Murray so you can rotate left to right as sizing is different front to rear but realize unless you reprogram your sensors they will be register pressures on opposite sides on your dash

Reactions: Bucketoy
Not on tires that are directional! lol
So you got nothing! :(

Hmmm I realize I cannot put the left wheel on the right because the tire would be facing backward, but if I take the tire off the left wheel and mount is on the right wheel still directionally correct but the lettering is inside isnt that OK?

Tires are not directional Murray so you can rotate left to right as sizing is different front to rear but realize unless you reprogram your sensors they will be register pressures on opposite sides on your dash

My all seasons are not, but according to Michelin the PILOT SPORT 4S ZP should be.

The asymmetric tread pattern of the Pilot Sport 4S ZP features side-by-side, 24 Hours of Le Mans-derived compounds. The low-void outer shoulder utilizes a new dry-focused hybrid tread rubber for improved dry handling and braking over the previous generation tire, while the center ribs and inboard shoulder feature a silica-infused wet compound designed to increase wet braking performance.

I sent off a note to Michelin. The Michelin Canada site does not list the All Season so I have asked about that and rotating both versions. I have to admit I never rotated tires on my C4 or SLK350 so not sure how critical. I did see
1640455448710.png

And so if the first is the most important I will do it once not knowing why the first is most important

Last edited:
I sent off a note to Michelin. The Michelin Canada site does not list the All Season so I have asked about that and rotating both versions.
It will say on the tire wall if it is rotational. I couldn't see it on the tirerack web site.
I just went out to confirm that the A/S are not directional, though they are asymmetrical

I received a reply from Michelin and it turns out the Pilot Sport All Season 4 are NOT available in Canada and may never be, so they didn't really answer how to rotate them.

• Wow
Reactions: Maximus74
I received a reply from Michelin and it turns out the Pilot Sport All Season 4 are NOT available in Canada and may never be, so they didn't really answer how to rotate them.
LOL, Well, I bought one from Tirerack. Now that I look, I can't find them! HMMM
How can they put them on Canadian non Z51 cars at the factory?

This is really strange. I wonder what GM is going to put on the non Z51 cars now!

1640637021129.png

I just checked and found this on Michelin.ca but not sure if they are the correct version? The fronts are $424 and rears $597 at Kal Tire.
Actually those are the correct All Season Tires so this is getting stranger because Michelin told me they dont make them. Plus when I looked at the Michelin site I did a search by 2020-21Chevrolet Corvette and these did not show up. I also notice Michelin lists them as 70k km warranty but Kal tire says 50k km I give up !

Actually those are the correct All Season Tires so this is getting stranger because Michelin told me they dont make them. Plus when I looked at the Michelin site I did a search by 2020-21Chevrolet Corvette and these did not show up. I also notice Michelin lists them as 70k km warranty but Kal tire says 50k km I give up!
As others have stated they are not quite directional, but they do have an orientation as shown here. They tell you which is the outside.

1640720418885.png

All this asymmetrical/directional has my eggnog laden eyes glazing over. To simplify: if rotating left and right, I just swap the wheels and no need to dismount/remount the tires?

All this asymmetrical/directional has my eggnog laden eyes glazing over. To simplify: if rotating left and right, I just swap the wheels and no need to dismount/remount the tires?
As long as they were mounted correctly to begin with! lol.
Not sure why you'd want to other then it's free! ;)

I got my 2020 so late in the fall that it hadn't even been broken in yet and when I took it out in the spring I got a reminder the oil had to be changed. Had less than 800 kilometres on it. The dealership said I had to change my oil by either miles or age. So I'll probably have to change it in the spring again.

...The dealership said I had to change my oil by either miles or age. So I'll probably have to change it in the spring again...

The oil life monitor system uses a date based countdown and also a mileage algorithm. For date based it is one year. The reason is the additives will wear just being in the engine and contacting air, fluids and metal. Most companies put the date based countdown at 1 year although that is conservative.

The mileage based oil life depends on how the engine is run based on sensors: how many cold starts, how many short drives, how high temp, acceleration etc. For example I change the oil just prior to storage in the October. The date based countdown reads:
Nov 93%
Dec 85%
Jan 78%
Feb 70%
Mar 63%
Now I take the car out of storage and 2 possibilities:
1) I do long highway drives. In this case I may be able to go about 20k km.
2) I do short, city, spirited driving the oil life monitor will indicate change about 12k km.
If I do less than these miles the indicator will revert back to date based and tell me to change in October. So if you are going to change the oil yearly and store the vehicle, its best to do it in the fall. What I do is if I need the oil change in the summer due to mileage, I do one but if September I wait and do it in October.

Is this true for Canada?? From Corvette Forum mostly USA based.

First Service Time Extended As Of 12/13/21

I just got this info this today in my daily GM news.
GM has extended the time to get your first free oil change to 36 months of your delivery date.

UPDATE: 1ST SERVICE VISIT TIME EXTENSION FOR 2020-2022 CORVETTE
  • The Chevrolet Complete Care program is extending the Included Maintenance timing requirements for the owners of the Chevrolet Corvette (C8) to come in to dealerships for their 1st service visit. For owners of a 2020 and newer Corvette, the allowed timing is being increased from 12 months to 36 months. This new timing is more suitable for the driving habits experienced with Corvette owners.
  • Effective Date: December 13, 2021
  • Additional Information:
  • The CorvetteIncluded Maintenance 1st Service Visit includes:
    • One (1) covered OIL CHANGE visit within 3 years of ownership which includes:
      • Oil and filter change using Mobil1 oil and ACDelco oil filter
      • Transmission fluid filter change (see GM Service Information document ID 5384826)
      • Multipoint Vehicle Inspection
  • See Corvette Owner Manual for recommended maintenance schedule

Not clear.

1. Does this apply to Canada?
2. This does NOT explain what happens to the 2nd free oil change. Our 2020 came with 2 free oil changes, I think that had to be used up in 2 years.
So if you drag out your first oil change to 2 or 3 years, do you lose the 2nd free oil change????

3. I can not believe that of all the users on this forum, that nobody has a contact at GM Canada to query. Anyone?

Thanks.

Not clear.

1. Does this apply to Canada?
2. This does NOT explain what happens to the 2nd free oil change. Our 2020 came with 2 free oil changes, I think that had to be used up in 2 years.
No. I contacted GM Customer care and really hounded them about the differences in US and Canada as far as free service. In Canada the 2020 and 2021s get two free oil/filter changes that must occur in year 1 and year 2. The 2022 includes DCT filter change.
No. I contacted GM Customer care and really hounded them about the differences in US and Canada as far as free service. In Canada the 2020 and 2021s get two free oil/filter changes that must occur in year 1 and year 2. The 2022 includes DCT filter change. I hope everyone in Canada with 2020-21 contacts GM and maybe they will respond with additional DCT service but soon it will be too late.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.