I didn't ask for it, but my sales person was like it's not a choice, it's a "mandatory service we're providing because these cars deserve to be protected"... no mention of this mandatory cost until after it went 3000.

Dueck is a really slimy dealership.
Ceramic coating doesn't provide protection, if that's what you want you need PPF

I didn't ask for it, but my sales person was like it's not a choice, it's a "mandatory service we're providing because these cars deserve to be protected"... no mention of this mandatory cost until after it went 3000.

If your contract does not say ceramic coating, you do not pay. If you signed the contract and agreed to it , that is another story. My dealership is far from perfect but at least my salesman did not try to screw me over, he did what I asked. Suggestions, yes but no pressure.

I'm out - these cars, although great, are just not worth the current prices to me - especially with luxury taxes piled on. Don't misunderstand, I'm not a Johhny-come-lately to Corvettes. I've owned 9 over the years. I'll stick with my current toys until the world returns closer to normal - especially used prices.

Requested that both my Stingray and E-Ray deposits be returned. Emailed Tracy at Cullen and they processed the refund immediately. Class act for sure...

Last edited:
If your contract does not say ceramic coating, you do not pay. If you signed the contract and agreed to it , that is another story. My dealership is far from perfect but at least my salesman did not try to screw me over, he did what I asked. Suggestions, yes but no pressure.

Nothing signed, just the original receipt from my deposit.

Called and confirmed it's mandatory from all Dueck dealerships. Going to go in person tomorrow and ask them to remove it from the bill of sale at least to avoid getting dinged an extra 12k in taxes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunny hop
Nothing signed, just the original receipt from my deposit.

Called and confirmed it's mandatory from all Dueck dealerships. Going to go in person tomorrow and ask them to remove it from the bill of sale at least to avoid getting dinged an extra 12k in taxes.
Good, maybe if you tell them, their gouging is going to cost you an extra 12k, I hope they will be understanding. Good luck 👍

Johnny, the riptide blue pricing is the same as the outgoing Elkhart Lake Blue metallic, and as I have been telling everyone use the Stingray option prices for calculating the price of your E-Ray and add $575 Cdn for the ZER package if choosing it. All the option prices here are the same as 2023.
Don't order accessories and subject yourself to double tax if you can get them through wholesale parts. I will give you the one I use to save you money$$.
Hey guys. Got news that I could finally order my c8 today after 18 months of waiting, unfortunately just found out about the 12k (+ luxury tax) price increase. I had like 15 people ahead of me last month and my dealer only got 10 cars since then according to c8tracker so it looks like a few people abandoned their allocations once they found out about the price increase. Looking to trim some options off my original build to save a little money since I want a 2LT HTC with mag ride & perf exhaust so every other option has 33% tax on it lol. If you could point me towards your wholesaler that'd be super helpful.

Also, has anyone gotten their roof wrapped on an HTC? thinking of dropping the carbon flash nacelles/roof and just getting it wrapped down the line. I know the painted roof would look much nicer but this price increase is really making me rethink my build now.

Hey guys. Got news that I could finally order my c8 today after 18 months of waiting, unfortunately just found out about the 12k (+ luxury tax) price increase. I had like 15 people ahead of me last month and my dealer only got 10 cars since then according to c8tracker so it looks like a few people abandoned their allocations once they found out about the price increase. Looking to trim some options off my original build to save a little money since I want a 2LT HTC with mag ride & perf exhaust so every other option has 33% tax on it lol. If you could point me towards your wholesaler that'd be super helpful.

Also, has anyone gotten their roof wrapped on an HTC? thinking of dropping the carbon flash nacelles/roof and just getting it wrapped down the line. I know the painted roof would look much nicer but this price increase is really making me rethink my build now.
Bob, drop everything on the car that you can order through parts. I use these guys for an almost 20% off what the GM dealerships charge:
What colour car are you considering? My understanding is it costs almost the same to apply a wrap on the A pillars, roof and nacelles as it does to order it painted in carbon flash metallic to match the rest of the car for $1495 from the factory. If you only want the nacelles black, then do the wrap as it will be at least $1000 cheaper than ordering it from the factory for the same $1495.

Wow! That's slimy! That fact alone would have me cancelling my order immediately.

@rs2.bull I'm surprised they didn't make you sign the purchase agreement before giving you your allocation!
That said, what did the deposit receipt say? Does it say anything about non-refundable?
Do you have a trade-in by any chance? That will help reduce the taxes.
When my allocation went in prices were known, but only then did my deposit become non-refundable. As others have said if you should be able to get your deposit back because the price was totally unexpected and even unfathomable! If you can't then get the car and sell it for over what you paid for it!

Reactions: Bunny hop
I am surprised that Morgan from Cars and Crosbie still has not made a youtube video about this
He's probably too busy trying to delete his video where he is going off on how he doesn't like the guys turning cars over for profit (which is what he does) and how he it is going to backfire on them. With the possibility of people cancelling their orders he will be begging for them to come to him and trade in a car once a year!

@rs2.bull I'm surprised they didn't make you sign the purchase agreement before giving you your allocation!
That said, what did the deposit receipt say? Does it say anything about non-refundable?
Do you have a trade-in by any chance? That will help reduce the taxes.
When my allocation went in prices were known, but only then did my deposit become non-refundable. As others have said if you should be able to get your deposit back because the price was totally unexpected and even unfathomable! If you can't then get the car and sell it for over what you paid for it!
I didn't have a purchase agreement to sign as they didn't know the 2024 prices, I guess.
I traded in a car at the time of putting down my $2500 deposit, so the deposit was shown as part of that agreement. I actually debted the deposit money to them.
I wanted the 2023 HTC 2LT but only a 2024 allocation was available to me
At least the allocations going in today have had the option of choosing less options to compensate for the increase .........I didn't get that option!

Reactions: Murray20c8
I'm having trouble understanding how a dealership can retain a deposit on a vehicle, which was paid when everyone (including the dealer) expected a modest price increase for 2024 (especially based on the US 2024 C8 price increase and ALL prior US/Canadian price increases following 2021), after a buyer is hit with an historically astronomic/bizarre/unheard of Corvette price increase. Is there a written contract which specifically states that the deposit is paid and forfeited if the buyer backs out, regardless of whatever price the vehicle has for 2024? Think about it. To go to an extreme, if GM decided to increase the price of a Canadian C8 by $1 million, does that mean all buyers would automatically lose their deposit when backing out of the deal??

Dealerships may view this as their right, however that doesn't mean they are right. A reputable dealership would return the deposit in full. Those potential buyers who don't want to roll over and lose their deposit, should consider consulting a lawyer or (if it's not seen as worthwhile to involve a lawyer) look to the lower Court system that's available in most provinces, which is set up for self-represented litigants, to easily/cheaply sue the dealership for a return of the deposit. If you're not savvy about how to prepare, file and serve a claim started in the lower Court, most clerks will assist with information and they usually have written hand-outs available that clearly explain the process, or there may be directions/commentary on-line. I suspect most dealerships will back down when served with such a lawsuit, or told that lawsuit will be forthcoming.

This is a problem created by GM for Canadians (only). All Canadian GM dealerships are "ambassadors" of GM. Those dealerships should help their Canadian customer base through this unexpected/bizarre time. If not, I suspect the law will favour the buyer's deposit return.

I invite others with a legal background to comment.
they have to give your money back. As per Omvic guidelines.

I didn't have a purchase agreement to sign as they didn't know the 2024 prices, I guess.
I traded in a car at the time of putting down my $2500 deposit, so the deposit was shown as part of that agreement. I actually debted the deposit money to them.
I wanted the 2023 HTC 2LT but only a 2024 allocation was available to me
At least the allocations going in today have had the option of choosing less options to compensate for the increase .........I didn't get that option!
So… did you talk to your dealer? What did they say?

Make sure you research wrapping your roof. My understanding is that a wrap job looks good for a couple of years, then it can start to show "wear and tear" and need replacement, especially if you're a fussy Corvette owner (aren't we all?), so it's not a "permanent solution" like a factory installed option. Having said that, my heart goes out to you: having to unexpectedly react to a crazy/unfair GM price increase. Good luck!

Make sure you research wrapping your roof. My understanding is that a wrap job looks good for a couple of years, then it can start to show "wear and tear" and need replacement, especially if you're a fussy Corvette owner (aren't we all?), so it's not a "permanent solution" like a factory installed option. Having said that, my heart goes out to you: having to unexpectedly react to a crazy/unfair GM price increase. Good luck!
I have changed my original build 3LT HTC with carbon flash roof to 3LT coupe due to this unexpected increase price.

I have changed my original build 3LT HTC with carbon flash roof to 3LT coupe due to this unexpected increase price.
Consider the transparent roof to give you the same effect in the coupe almost! What you did saves $12,204 with taxes which covers the increase.

Transparent roof way too hot in sunny day and long drive. Coupe will be just fine to stay in budget.
I mentioned to give you the same effect from a looks standpoint which I liked on all my coupes in the past including my ZR1. I never found the heat that bad and really liked the more open feeling while the roof was on with the transparent blue top.

I mentioned to give you the same effect from a looks standpoint which I liked on all my coupes in the past including my ZR1. I never found the heat that bad and really liked the more open feeling while the roof was on with the transparent blue top.
Thanks Mr. Corvette. A friend of mine have transparent roof, he always complaining about heat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.