the shock will wear off and most of us will continue to pursue the "best sports car for the money"
Nice thought. The shock will wear off for everyone but many will move on. Lux tax really plays into the equation now, rising interest rates (likely another rate increase by the fall), inflation at 6%, groceries through the roof, and general economic uncertainty. The die hards will hang in there but a significant number of buyer/owners will cancel their orders, jump off the lists, and many will cash in by selling their 22/23 C8’s for solid money. Those guys won’t be back.

Reactions: PapaSmurf
Your deposit should be refundable since you didn't "sign on" or agree to this unexpectedly ridiculous price increase, nor give the dealership/GM a "blank cheque" to charge whatever they wanted for the vehicle. Go back to the dealership to see what they say. If you don't get a refund, I'd suggest contacting GM's area manager for your location, to hash this out. This is the largest Canadian Corvette price increase in history, as far as I know, so it would be completely unfair to suggest you're stuck with it. I expect there will be more people in your same boat. Finally, consult a lawyer if you're told you'll lose your deposit. I can't imagine a Court siding with the dealership: you're waiting all this time, put a deposit down in good faith, unable to get a 2023 due to reduced Canadian Corvette allocations (GM's decision), and now to add insult to injury, you're hit with a HUGE price increase because you were forced into the 2024 MY (and deprived of the 2023 AE model, only available in 2023, to top it all off)...

Let us know how you make out and good luck!
He agreed to pay the MSRP what ever it might be for the opportunity to order a car ahead of others who were waiting for the price to be released.

The crazy part of the price increases is just how close the Corvette has risen to comparables like the 911, Lotus Emira, R8, Porsche GT3 etc. It will be interesting to see if there is an impact on waiting lists and so far I've not heard of a mass exodus.

I'm sticking with the E-Ray as I wanted the all year usability but man...

Reactions: DenisC8
Wow! My order sitting at 3000 status and expected an increase for the 2024 model to be approx $2000-$2500 based on the USA increases. I wanted a 2023 for the 70th Anniversary, but when my allocation cane up, it was for a 2024. The increase is now just under $12,000 plus the taxes!!!! What do I do now? Do I get my $2500 deposit back if I bail on it? Deposit has been down it it for almost 2 full years!
Makes me sick to my stomach seeing these increases.
At 3000 your order is locked in with GM doubt your dealer is going to refund your deposit as it's spec'd for you, are you sure you're getting a 2024 as 2023 are still in production?

At 3000 your order is locked in with GM doubt your dealer is going to refund your deposit as it's spec'd for you, are you sure you're getting a 2024 as 2023 are still in production?
Yes, the dealer told me it was for a 2024. No 2023 allocations left.
At the time we submitted the order, the US 2024 pricing was available and I confirmed with my salesman that my car would have received approximately a $2k increase …….. we both expected the same in Canada with the appropriate currency conversion. I told him I’d be good with that. I have an Order number but I have not signed anything as of yet.

Yes, the dealer told me it was for a 2024. No 2023 allocations left.
At the time we submitted the order, the US 2024 pricing was available and I confirmed with my salesman that my car would have received approximately a $2k increase …….. we both expected the same in Canada with the appropriate currency conversion. I told him I’d be good with that. I have an Order number but I have not signed anything as of yet.
From above: At the time we submitted the order, the US 2024 pricing was available and I confirmed with my salesman that my car would have received approximately a $2k increase …….. we both expected the same in Canada with the appropriate currency conversion.

That makes sense: there was a "meeting of the minds" on the issue of price, at that time. That price (one of the "3 P's" essential to a binding contract being property, parties and price) didn't happen. Assuming this was all verbal and not already somehow confirmed in writing, make a note when this happened (date and time, as much as possible), where it happened, how long the conversation lasted, who said what (as much as you're able to remember), whether there was anyone else present and if so, who, plus the name of your salesman. So create whatever "confirming record" you can now and before your memory fades further, then file it away for later use, if necessary. This isn't a real estate deal where everything needs to be in writing to be enforceable. Again, hopefully your dealer will do the right thing but if not, consult a lawyer better armed with the description I've suggested you create. Good luck!

Reactions: rs2.bull
The crazy part of the price increases is just how close the Corvette has risen to comparables like the 911, Lotus Emira, R8, Porsche GT3 etc. It will be interesting to see if there is an impact on waiting lists and so far I've not heard of a mass exodus.

I'm sticking with the E-Ray as I wanted the all year usability but man...
I have a hunch that on a list of 20, only a handful are even aware of the price increase. Many of us are glued to the phone for updates, but I think we're a smaller minority. Just a guess. The question is, when they get the allocation, will they THEN pass up once they start looking at price.

I think you will see a surprisingly low amount of people walk away from their order. Lets be honest, if you can afford a $110K 3LT C8, you can afford a $122K C8. The guys that may walk will be the ones who were buying 1LTs for $85K.

Dont forget some of the dealers have HUGE lists. The guy from Finch says they have 180 deposits in hand right now. So if 1/3 people bail out, that means there still is 120 people who are willing to buy a C8.

Reactions: AtomZ
I think you will see a surprisingly low amount of people walk away from their order. Lets be honest, if you can afford a $110K 3LT C8, you can afford a $122K C8. The guys that may walk will be the ones who were buying 1LTs for $85K.

Dont forget some of the dealers have HUGE lists. The guy from Finch says they have 180 deposits in hand right now. So if 1/3 people bail out, that means there still is 120 people who are willing to buy a C8.
Thank 12k difference has 33% tax on it here in Ontario. HST 13% ; Luxury 20%
More like $15700

Wow! My order sitting at 3000 status and expected an increase for the 2024 model to be approx $2000-$2500 based on the USA increases. I wanted a 2023 for the 70th Anniversary, but when my allocation cane up, it was for a 2024. The increase is now just under $12,000 plus the taxes!!!! What do I do now? Do I get my $2500 deposit back if I bail on it? Deposit has been down it it for almost 2 full years!
Makes me sick to my stomach seeing these increases.
Let me lessen the blow. Can you afford another $35/week to keep this car? I am working on something so don't jump off any building or anything.

Maybe in Ontario... in BC my order went from 131,798.72 to potentially 158,369.03 in BC lol... that's not something I really am comfortable doing.

*the price increase might shift me into the 15% PST vs 10% and the GST gets calculated on the PST if it goes to 15%

Some option pricing on a build I did on dealers workbench Tuesday:
Riptide Blue $995
GT2 Seats $2105
Z51 $7495
Lift $3180
MSRC $2180
Painted Calipers $810
Black Exhaust Tips $455
Dark Stealh Emblem $175
Composite Rockers $740
Splash Guards $270
Johnny, the riptide blue pricing is the same as the outgoing Elkhart Lake Blue metallic, and as I have been telling everyone use the Stingray option prices for calculating the price of your E-Ray and add $575 Cdn for the ZER package if choosing it. All the option prices here are the same as 2023.
Don't order accessories and subject yourself to double tax if you can get them through wholesale parts. I will give you the one I use to save you money$$.

Maybe in Ontario... in BC my order went from 131,798.72 to potentially 158,369.03 in BC lol... that's not something I really am comfortable doing.

*the price increase might shift me into the 15% PST vs 10% and the GST gets calculated on the PST if it goes to 15%
You are already status 3000, are you saying you are going to refuse to take delivery? How much was your deposit?

Now Ford is jumping in on crazy pricing!

This is ridiculous and hideous! Who in their right mind will pay 300k for this? It's not even a real mid engine car. Also in that 300k USD price range they can much better options. Like just buy a Z06 or E-ray, or even ZR1, but knowing this I think GM gonna go crazy on the pricing of the ZR1.

This is ridiculous and hideous! Who in their right mind will pay 300k for this? It's not even a real mid engine car. Also in that 300k USD price range they can much better options. Like just buy a Z06 or E-ray, or even ZR1, but knowing this I think GM gonna go crazy on the pricing of the ZR1.
I wonder if they'll build more that the Ford GT's that you had to be selected to buy and then wait a couple of years?

I wonder if they'll build more that the Ford GT's that you had to be selected to buy and then wait a couple of years?
You do need to send an application/resume to Ford that might qualify you for purchase, it is neat that Multimatic is contracted to build most of it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.