Aug 31, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
2024 C8 coupe
Province
NT
Tesla might sue you if you sell your Cybertruck within a year

Maybe just don't get a Cybertruck.

If you buy a Cybertruck for some reason, make sure you keep it for at least a year.

That's Tesla's rule, anyway. According to the newly published motor vehicle order agreement for the angular EV behemoth, Tesla can sue you for $50,000 if you resell the Cybertruck within a year of purchase, as spotted by Engadget. The first Cybertruck deliveries are theoretically supposed to happen on Nov. 30.

The technical fine print is that Tesla may "seek injunctive relief" to the tune of "$50,000 or the value received as consideration for the sale or transfer, whichever is greater." You can get around this by receiving written consent from Tesla itself, but it's not clear under what conditions the company will grant these exceptions. As Engadget noted, this probably has something to do with the vehicle not entering mass production until next year.

In other words, the company wants to make sure the Cybertruck only gets into the hands of people who paid for one. If that's you, just keep this in mind.

What is a "Cybertruck", and why would anyone buy one? Is it like Transformers?
IMG_1316.jpeg

Gentlemen prefer Wranglers.
I don't really follow anything EV.
I should add I don't watch or read any Canadian news or TV. Maybe that explains my lack of enthusiasm about Teslas and their peers. I do like Elon's attitude in general. His cars, meh.
Ya . He’s eccentric but a very smart cat. They had a feature on the cars that would allow fart sounds from the external speakers which was pretty funny but I think they for some reason had to disable it. So humourless
bureaucrat no doubt.

• Haha
Reactions: MKC8
I had to sign a “1-yr no-sell” for my loaded 2019 GMC Sierra in lieu of a GM pricing incentive. My sister did as well for GM/Telus “partnership” pricing. These have been around for years.
Found out all the who-ha required if “deemed entitled” to purchase a Ford Super Snake Truck … like some of these vehicles require a buyer-resume. Like wow 🤪
Passed on it though when I asked about towing capacity and got a Ford-rep stink eye 😂
IMG_2104.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.