I contacted RPC and they replied back to me

We're sorry to hear that and we appreciate your concerns and bringing up the issues you're having with us. We've taken some pictures of a piece that we've pulled directly from our stock to show you what a new untouched piece looks like.

Attachments

• A4C419C1-36F3-4813-9E7D-F15E929942C2.jpeg
    A4C419C1-36F3-4813-9E7D-F15E929942C2.jpeg
    373.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 75E79A91-ED9F-44EB-ADB8-2FEB604B4597.jpeg
    75E79A91-ED9F-44EB-ADB8-2FEB604B4597.jpeg
    383.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 23AD289C-14CC-4B0C-957D-58BB811BB51D.jpeg
    23AD289C-14CC-4B0C-957D-58BB811BB51D.jpeg
    440.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 8BF75E2B-754E-47D0-BB8C-D0ECF6CF0580.jpeg
    8BF75E2B-754E-47D0-BB8C-D0ECF6CF0580.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: YFCvii and NW-99SS
10/30/2018 08:10:52 AM Customer wrote in the following via email:

1. I just received the transmission pan and I am not happy. The transmission pan that I received is used and it has some scratches on it wtf?

2. So I received my aluminium transmission pan today and let me tell you I am so disappointed and dissatisfied with the product. I ordered a new aluminum transmission pan not a used one especially that it was mounted on a car before and it's covered with scratches and paint defects. like wtf? who does that? you can still see a piece of the old transmission gasket still stuck on one the screw holes ????

there is deep scratches on the pan and especially around the screw holes. also there is paint defects on the pan as well. I am not putting this peace of s**t on my car.!!!

Sylvain:

We actually dropped ship that part to you directly from one of our suppliers in order to get it to you quickly. It was never in our capacity to your claims that we sold you a used part.

Yet, we tried to address your claim right away.

Our Service Manager called you 3 minutes after receiving your email on Tuesday morning (October 30th) and left you a voicemail. The same day you started your posts on this message board. She was away on business at SEMA for the next several days and yet still tried to work with you to resolve the issue.

We saw the pictures you sent to her via email and then tried to explain that you received a new part with some residuals from the manufacturer. Casting marks, and remnant polishing cream aside, you were not happy and we had no issues refunding you the new part.

You simply needed to send us the part.

You stated on Oct. 5th that you were sending the product and again on Oct. 13th emailed that you sent it Purolator. We had to wait until we received your part and inspected it before we could begin the refund process. It came to us on Friday, Nov. 16th and you could have easily checked that via the tracking number.

I thought maybe I should share a video of the same product as well; showing both sides of the oil pan. If it was used, there would be signs of it on the inside…

Our Service Manager has been very forthcoming with this issue - trying to help not only shed some light on what your issue was but take it back with no hassle even though you were stating false, negative remarks about us throughout the process.

And then you decided to take it one step further…

EMAIL RECEIVED FROM: *****@gmail.com / 11/15/2018 12:40:12 AM

I will tell you that this the worse f*****g customer service I ever got

from any auto parts company,!!!

You are in the wrong place to work for and maybe you should work at Wal

Mart and get you some knowledge about getting some great customer skills!!!

First of all the transmission pan was used and it was scratched and it has

some scrapes from abuse from the previous owner(s) and there is some paint

defects on top of the transmission pan.

There is a piece of old gasket still stuck in the transmission pan's holes

and you can clearly see it in the pictures and you are telling me the

transmission pan is new????

You sent this email today and you haven't inspected the Transmission Pan

yet????

You clearly don't give a s**t about your clients do you?? When I buy

something new online I expected it be new and flawless!!!! as it described

in the description of the item on your website!!!

I didn't see anything on your site saying the transmission pan was

previously installed by a user and it has a few scuff marks and paint

defects and some chrome paint might be scrapped off by a careless owner.

WTF?

I will tell you something. You just lost me as a client and other clients

as well.!!!

I am one of a user from the Canadian Corvette Forum which most of your

customers are on and let me tell you that because of your poor customer

service that you f*****d yourself big time.

https://canadiancorvetteforums.com/threads/not-impress-with-corvette-depot.21808/

I will make sure that you're company closes is doors since I decided to buy

parts at the Corvette Central which I never had any issues,

Good Luck with your job..

Sylvain

__

We could have easily jumped on these message boards on October 30th to start defending ourselves, but we believe in proper courses of action.
  • We tried to contact you
  • We tried to educate you
  • We waited for the part to come to us
  • We inspected the part
  • We refunded you
You Sylvain, never let us help you from the beginning before you started your negative campaign.

On that, we have refunded your money for it along with your return shipping charge and will go separate ways. Personally attacking one of our staff over a car part is ridiculous. Even more so since she was trying to assist you in the matter.

This response is to let everyone else know that if there is an error on our end, we will correct it. If there is an issue from the manufacturer/supplier, we will go to bat for you; our customer. We kindly ask that you respect our processes and give us a reasonable chance to do so.

Dave L.
Marketing Coordinator
Corvette Depot

Last edited by a moderator:
I've edited the language in the above thread and removed full names/email addresses in the interest of privacy. My suggestion is to take this to the private conversation channel at this stage if there's anything more to be said on this topic.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Unfortunate, that it was edited towards our Service Manager initially.

Thank you for allowing us to be heard.

Reactions: NW-99SS
Yes very telling indeed. Appreciate seeing both sides of this.
@dl8nn I am now speaking from my own personal perspective however I do know a number of frustrated owners in Canada that have had challenges in general acquiring parts and bling for their Corvettes. Not necessarily from your business. We as Canadian Corvette owners have some real difficulties with certain suppliers in shipping costs, messed up orders that we become responsible for resolving at our cost. Poor customer response in general is a big concern as frankly shipping from the US to us is a hassle for the vendors... or at least is portrayed that way by some.
Finding a Canadian company that provides good customer service at a fair price is a bonus for us however there are some companies in Canada that charge us in US dollars.
I have a great deal of experience with this over the last few years as I’ve bought and customized 2 out of 3 corvettes. The current car has $15,000 of upgrades all purchased at various vendors. The experience with these vendors has me now well focused and understanding who provides the service and who doesn’t.
I appreciate the frustration shown above but do not support the language. Drop shipping is a crap shoot at times as both the end user and the business that is selling the part have no control over the actual product condition.
I use a company in the US for my Hummer parts that will not drop ship as they insist on checking the part before it comes to me in their name. Not the same exactly but it sets a standard of quality commitment by the company. They will not even discuss having the part drop shipped to save time.
Thanks for taking the initiative to demonstrate your position in this unfortunate situation.

Reactions: YFCvii
I haven’t received any refunds yet and they received the part on Monday. I left a bad review on their site and of course in they replied to the reviews and they lied in order to cover up theirs mistakes saying there was nothing wrong with it and that those marks are normal and they were done at a factory. WOW if the transmission pan was new why is full of deep scratches and chipped chrome paint?? What kind of company lies to a client makes them look like the client is wrong and that they are always right??
Wow that response really shows they lack a basic understanding of customer service. They were given an opportunity to make things right, they did not. They earned a bad review and made it even worse by lying about your situation. Like many have said, we all make mistakes, it's how you react that counts. FAIL!

Appreciate the feedback by everyone, as we like hearing what works from what doesn't.
We continue to evolve to provide a good experience throughout the parts buying process.

I apologize for everything including my behaviour and I shouldn’t of being like that there is no excuses. it seems that I have a bad case of getting screewed everywhere I go. I got screwed big time with my differential rebuild. This summer I got screwed again by a body shop that charged me for painting both the lower panels of my corvette which they didn’t touch them and now this. I cannot get a break. I will lay low for a while and try to relax and take life one day at a time. thanks everyone for your help

I apologize for everything including my behaviour and I shouldn’t of being like that there is no excuses. it seems that I have a bad case of getting screewed everywhere I go. I got screwed big time with my differential rebuild. This summer I got screwed again by a body shop that charged me for painting both the lower panels of my corvette which they didn’t touch them and now this. I cannot get a break. I will lay low for a while and try to relax and take life one day at a time. thanks everyone for your help

Sly in the end your frustration has engaged a good dialogue. One that needed to be had frankly. If everything went perfectly always life would be very boring. Hell I would be on my first wife instead of my 3rd. (Who is fantastic by the way) 😂 I digress...
One of the best things about this forum is the genuine interest and support passed around by the members in the adventures we have owning, maintaining, restoring and modding our cars. You have a large following as you work on bringing your C3 back to what you expect your car to be. We’ve seen the patience you have getting things just right despite the setbacks you mentioned. That determination deserves respect and recognition. The work you did on the frame alone would have sent most of us running. (except Ziggy) Clearly you are not doing a hack job on this beautiful special edition.
We have all been through this to some degree and what I find the very good in all this is the business you are struggling with has chimed in and provided feedback. This shows they are paying attention and do have the intention of making this right. I truly hope this gets resolved for you to your satisfaction.
In the long run it’s always better for us when a business is active in the corvette community to remain in touch with their own marketplace. This is a difficult thing to do as the negative as well as the positive can receive a hyper focus. So a double edged sword for them.
We have an online retail business and when there is a concern or return most customers are pleasant and end up satisfied, however there are occasionally some who just want to be angry and cannot be satisfied despite taking big steps to resolve their grievance. It’s just the way it is. Your frustration is understandable from a business owners perspective.
Let’s hope this situation can be turned back around and into a positive experience for both you and the business involved. I’m as guilty as the next guy of writing off a business due to my perception of poor customer support and service. Perhaps just not as publicly vocal about it due to my own experiences.

So do not go into hiding please. Remain active here and keep us involved in your little job that has turned into a fairly deep restoration. There is a pretty big line up waiting to see your car all finished. 👍

Derek.

Well my friend, I am sorry to hear of your sad experience. I can tell you I had a similar issue in that they could not supply what I had ordered and it literally took 6 months to get a refund. Have not bought from there since and will do my utmost to never do so again. I buy from the US costs me a little more but I have had nothing but excellent service, I had one issue with a part damaged during shipping, a few pics a couple e-mails, new part sent couldn't ask for more.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Self promotion/own business promotion
I am buying all my parts at corvetteplus in Montréal (laval), lot of parts in inventory and great service on top of that, they speak english and ship everywhere in Canada only, i highly recommand.

I am buying all my parts at corvetteplus in Montréal (laval), lot of parts in inventory and great service on top of that, they speak english and ship everywhere in Canada only, i highly recommand.

Please refrain from promoting your own business. Either openly or by way of misdirection and misrepresentation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.