All I can say is thanks for the heads up on this place. They will be added to the list of “nope not buying from there”.
The “drop ship” or “we can’t control what comes from our suppliers” excuse is pathetic and I’m tired of it.
Odd I never had this BS when buying Hummer parts from all over the US. These business looked after the customer first and foremost when ever there was a problem.
Must be a “Corvette” thing I guess.

Hey guys. My dad’s been big on ordering parts for his 72 chevy amd my mom’s 69 beaumont from KMS in calgary. Aparently the owner is a car guy. My dad was talking to someone there and they said if you give them a part number from Ecklers Corvette they can get it for you. They get really good prices too and then it’s free shipping if you pick it up from their store or a very small shipping fee to your front door.

I haven’t ordered from them yet but it might be a good alternative to look into.

Sorry to hear what happened Sly.

I got the rma number in my email yesterday which they took their sweet ass time to get to it. Obviously their client are not a priority.

I wanted that transmission pan so bad and that’s why I hate online shopping. you can’t take a look at the product first before buying it. Most companies are pushing the online purchasing more than ever and when you get a defective part or the wrong part then you need to ship it back which its a pain in the butt. If the transmission pan was in mint shape I would be happy as a pig in s**t.

Maybe I am being too picky? the screw holes are aluminum paint that got chipped off. its not parts of the old gasket. I tried to clean it off

PRODUCT: RPC Racing Power Company R8491, Auto Trans Oil Pan, For Use With GM TH350 Transmissions, Stock Capacity, Finned, Polished, Aluminum, With Drain Plug
MODEL: 3289292
QUANTITY: 1
TOTAL VALUE: 127.99

Today I shipped the transmission pan back and it cost me $49.12. I hope they will pay me back for the shipping because that really sucks to spend your own money on a mistake they did in the first place.

Lets just see what happens

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 14
  • Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Coincidentally I am enduring time consuming hoops for a return/replacement with a shipment error from a different supplier. So far the process moves along but it has been 4 days now … I'm holding on at the cliff of faith so far ...
Epilogue … well I became a victim of an "easy to apply" part being received with no instructions included … and therefore leading to my return request being rejected. Phoned with intention of wtf and found out it was very easy to install once explained to me that the part it attaches to … unknowingly somewhat secretly and simply comes apart … but once forced with a delicate feel of the finger nails - it's plastic … if we could all be so fortunate with a somewhat easier resolve like this heh? :Banghead:

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
here is the verdict

Hi Sylvain,

Sorry that you are not happy with the item but I can assure you that your concerns on the item is normal tooling marks and residue that was not completely polished off. This item is a brand new item and because you didn't like the item you can return it but shipping at that point is you responsibility. The item will be inspected once it is received and then a refund will be provided.

Thanks Renee

Those sales people have no clue what they are talking about. it was polished paint that chipped from the previous owner not made at the factory and you could see pieces of old gasket in one of holes very clearly. cracked paint and deep scratches on top of the pan. I can’t believe they send that email to me before they received my transmission pan yet. Wow. Clearly they already made up their mind. I am wrong and they are right.

Clearly their customers are not important to them and they don’t give a s**t

I am so done with them!!!!

SlyMart did not get good customer service. I just got some stuff from C-Depot yesterday in the mail and all is perfect. Crap happens with every outfit I think. Last year I ordered 2 new 15x7 Cragar Eliminators from Jegs, open the boxes and one fits a chev and the other is for a dodge bolt pattern , so even the big guys screw up but they fixed things easy.

SlyMart did not get good customer service. I just got some stuff from C-Depot yesterday in the mail and all is perfect. Crap happens with every outfit I think. Last year I ordered 2 new 15x7 Cragar Eliminators from Jegs, open the boxes and one fits a chev and the other is for a dodge bolt pattern , so even the big guys screw up but they fixed things easy.

Yes, however I believe the issue is how they are dealing with a problem... or rather, not dealing with it. We have all had things messed up by suppliers and truly appreciate having the issue addressed with some urgency and not at our cost. That's why we go back to these suppliers. As we have to order and prepay for all of the aftermarket and even some OEM things we add to the Corvettes, it's good to know which places to avoid and which ones to use in case there is a problem.

exactly. I know that a company can makes mistakes with shipping parts but Corvette Depot doesn’t take responsibility for their mistakes. It took a long time for them to issue an RMA number. they don’t put their customers first. If that transmission pan was in mint shape I would be so happy. now I spent money twice on shipping. I lost money basically and Corvette Depot doesn’t care. They take the manufacturers side instead of taking care of the customer. Anyways I am shopping in the states

I haven’t received any refunds yet and they received the part on Monday. I left a bad review on their site and of course in they replied to the reviews and they lied in order to cover up theirs mistakes saying there was nothing wrong with it and that those marks are normal and they were done at a factory. WOW if the transmission pan was new why is full of deep scratches and chipped chrome paint?? What kind of company lies to a client makes them look like the client is wrong and that they are always right??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.