What is your status on this?

No heat means that the hot coolant is not flowing through your heater core. This can happen for many reasons, as a few have mentioned above. In the interest of keeping things simple, can we take things a few steps at a time and follow up?

Before starting the car when it is cold, pull off the rad cap and look down into the radiator for fluid. If you can't see the fluid, it is probably too low. It should be within 4-6 inches of the top of the rad. When the car is running for at least ten minutes, what is your temperature gauge reading? Can you feel heat in both hoses on the top and the bottom of the radiator? Also, you can squeeze these hoses hard and fast, and if you hear a lot of gurgling it can mean air in the system. You should be able to feel the fluid through the hoses. If they feel empty, there is a lack of fluid circulating. If both hoses are warm, then your coolant level should be good and your thermostat is working.

I could use some confirmation here from a C4 guy, maybe @AlbertaZ06 can offer some advice. I believe your heater core should be on the passenger side firewall, there should be two hoses side by side approx 1" each. This is the in and out for your heater core. The one closest to the engine should be the hot side that goes into the heater core, and the one closest to the passenger wheel should be the output back to the radiator, which should also be warm. If it isn't, your heater core might be clogged.

Give us some feedback on what you find out, and we can let you know what else to do.

What is your status on this?

No heat means that the hot coolant is not flowing through your heater core. This can happen for many reasons, as a few have mentioned above. In the interest of keeping things simple, can we take things a few steps at a time and follow up?

Before starting the car when it is cold, pull off the rad cap and look down into the radiator for fluid. If you can't see the fluid, it is probably too low. It should be within 4-6 inches of the top of the rad. When the car is running for at least ten minutes, what is your temperature gauge reading? Can you feel heat in both hoses on the top and the bottom of the radiator? Also, you can squeeze these hoses hard and fast, and if you hear a lot of gurgling it can mean air in the system. You should be able to feel the fluid through the hoses. If they feel empty, there is a lack of fluid circulating. If both hoses are warm, then your coolant level should be good and your thermostat is working.

I could use some confirmation here from a C4 guy, maybe @AlbertaZ06 can offer some advice. I believe your heater core should be on the passenger side firewall, there should be two hoses side by side approx 1" each. This is the in and out for your heater core. The one closest to the engine should be the hot side that goes into the heater core, and the one closest to the passenger wheel should be the output back to the radiator, which should also be warm. If it isn't, your heater core might be clogged.

Give us some feedback on what you find out, and we can let you know what else to do.
thx for input. I have burped it twice. zip. I will check hoses to.morrow. thx

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.