Just think. You could have been stylin in this get up.
lol.... I couldn't even remember my early teens by the 1980's. My early teens were the weed smoking disco years...If I wasn't hustling at a pool table somewhere I was hustling girls with dance steps that would put me in the hospital or my grave today.... lol...

Are you insinuating ... my good sir ... that there is actually something wrong with that get up ?? ;)

To speak to the second point :Nono1: .... its kinda like riding a skateboard .... if you mastered it once ... youll never forget

I lived on a skateboard when I was a kid and still to this day I pull out my homemade longboard and terrorize the court in front of my house ....

Yea I'd bet you could still bust a move with the best of 'em

Attachments

• SB.jpg
    SB.jpg
    931.1 KB · Views: 0
Are you insinuating ... my good sir ... that there is actually something wrong with that get up ?? ;)

To speak to the second point :Nono1: .... its kinda like riding a skateboard .... if you mastered it once ... youll never forget

I lived on a skateboard when I was a kid and still to this day I pull out my homemade longboard and terrorize the court in front of my house ....

Yea I'd bet you could still bust a move with the best of 'em
Vettenut, speaking of skateboarding, my son in law runs an indoor skate park in Hope BC. He converted an old Rona yard and buildings, built all his own ramps and bowls and it has become a "community center" because there is not a heck of a lot in Hope.
Mike is into his 40's and is making a career skating. Google "Hippie Mike". (He doesn't have a corvette though)

Vettenut, speaking of skateboarding, my son in law runs an indoor skate park in Hope BC. He converted an old Rona yard and buildings, built all his own ramps and bowls and it has become a "community center" because there is not a heck of a lot in Hope.
Mike is into his 40's and is making a career skating. Google "Hippie Mike". (He doesn't have a corvette though)
Thats great .... thanks for sharing that .... and yes I did check out his site and watched a couple of his vids .... good on him

Interesting site and its great that hes mentoring the young ones ... and although he may not have a 'Vette ... he has something better ... living a life that he loves ;)

It just keeps getting more unbelievable all the time....

View attachment 124949
Not so quickly now.
Balanced Rock is a famous natural sandstone formation located in the Garden of the Gods park near Colorado Springs, Colorado. It is a massive 700-ton red rock that appears to be precariously balanced on a small base, standing 35 feet tall.

History and Significance​

Balanced Rock was formed over millions of years by the uplift of the Rocky Mountains and erosion. In the 1890s, it became a paid tourist attraction when the Goerke family bought the land, fenced it off, and charged visitors 25 cents to view and photograph the iconic rock. This continued until 1932 when the city of Colorado Springs purchased the land from the Goerkes for $25,000 and opened Balanced Rock to the public for free.Balanced Rock is one of the most popular and recognizable attractions in the Garden of the Gods. Visitors often pose for photos appearing to "hold up" or support the precariously balanced boulder. While some concrete has been added to its base to prevent vandalism, the rock is considered stable and unlikely to fall unless a major event like an earthquake occurs.

Mushroom Park and West Garden of the Gods​

Mushroom Park was another nearby area that was privately owned and charged admission, containing unique mushroom-shaped rock formations. It was located in the West Garden of the Gods section, just west of the main Garden of the Gods park. Like Balanced Rock, Mushroom Park was eventually purchased by the city of Colorado Springs and incorporated into the public park in the early 20th century.

Not so quickly now.
Balanced Rock is a famous natural sandstone formation located in the Garden of the Gods park near Colorado Springs, Colorado. It is a massive 700-ton red rock that appears to be precariously balanced on a small base, standing 35 feet tall.

History and Significance​

Balanced Rock was formed over millions of years by the uplift of the Rocky Mountains and erosion. In the 1890s, it became a paid tourist attraction when the Goerke family bought the land, fenced it off, and charged visitors 25 cents to view and photograph the iconic rock. This continued until 1932 when the city of Colorado Springs purchased the land from the Goerkes for $25,000 and opened Balanced Rock to the public for free.Balanced Rock is one of the most popular and recognizable attractions in the Garden of the Gods. Visitors often pose for photos appearing to "hold up" or support the precariously balanced boulder. While some concrete has been added to its base to prevent vandalism, the rock is considered stable and unlikely to fall unless a major event like an earthquake occurs.

Mushroom Park and West Garden of the Gods​

Mushroom Park was another nearby area that was privately owned and charged admission, containing unique mushroom-shaped rock formations. It was located in the West Garden of the Gods section, just west of the main Garden of the Gods park. Like Balanced Rock, Mushroom Park was eventually purchased by the city of Colorado Springs and incorporated into the public park in the early 20th century.
Mushroom Park is where magic mushrooms originated.

It just keeps getting more unbelievable all the time....

View attachment 124949
This image was definitely modified but the other ones aren’t. Center of gravity must be very exact for it to still be upright. Don’t think I’d pitch a tent under it though.

Mushroom Park is where magic mushrooms originated.
We used to pick them in our backyard in the fall and put them fresh in a big Mason Jar half full of honey then on Halloween pull out the toaster …
They can be found in a lot of different places and quite often near coastlines and especially in old fields where cows were once kept for some reason. They also grow all over Jamaica where they have never been illegal. This is in Negril , North Coast of Jamaica on the beach . It’s been there for years.
IMG_2659.jpeg

"Magic" mushrooms have been around since the dawn of man! Certain cultures may have discovered their properties more recently than others.
I just want to know who the heck would be the first of their culture to try to eat them! LOL

Not a nice old car but a pretty cool shot nonetheless. Must take a while to get those boots on… this is in the early 20’s .
The silent film actress Easter Walters was often seen riding around Hollywood on her Harley. Often performing her own stunts in her films such as The Tigers Tail and The Devils Riddle.
IMG_2649.jpeg

Not a nice old car but a pretty cool shot nonetheless. Must take a while to get those boots on… this is in the early 20’s .
The silent film actress Easter Walters was often seen riding around Hollywood on her Harley. Often performing her own stunts in her films such as The Tigers Tail and The Devils Riddle.
View attachment 124966
Tried something similar on my old BSA, fell off. Lesson learned, 2 handgrips, 2 footpegs.... there is a reason for them!

Elon’s Grandma …..

But actually

Charging It Up​

With her car parked in a garage, Charlotte Shipley charges its battery with a cord from a hand-cranked electrical generator, Cincinnati, Ohio, 1912. (Photo by Cincinnati Museum Center

View attachment 124989
If oil wasn't so cheap and abundant back then there would be a lot more electric cars from what I understand.

Reactions: Vettenut

Users who are viewing this thread