'58 Restomod .... OK the center exhaust and the steering wheel gotta go ;)

1716510637697.png

1716510660473.png

1716510685609.png

Looking to bring both spectators and American automakers back to the Indy 500, Indianapolis Motor Speedway president Eddie Rickenbacker proposed a series of rule changes in 1929 that would become known as the "junk formula." From 1930 to 1937, the race once again included normally aspirated stock-block cars, and while this Hudson Super Six racing car, part of the Bothwell Collection to be sold by Bonhams on November 11, never raced at Indy – or likely at all - it still pays homage
IMG_2468.jpeg
G

One of many styling experiments built for day-to-day use by GM styling Chief Bill Mitchell, the XP-700 was built on a standard 1958 283/230 Corvette chassis but received “Grand Prix-inspired” styling cues such as wire wheels, side exhaust and an extended snout, rumored to have been inspired by a one-off Ferrari 250 Special by Pininfarina. After going though a couple of iterations, it is believed that XP-700 was cannibalized to build the XP-755 “Mako Shark” concept car.
IMG_2553.jpeg

Mercedes concept car. Not old but pretty wicked. Hopefully it comes with a radar detector.
View attachment 124379
Dam I actually like this better than the concept 'Vette ..... Did I just say that ??!!

My deepest apology to every Corvette ... Past , present and future ;)

One of many styling experiments built for day-to-day use by GM styling Chief Bill Mitchell, the XP-700 was built on a standard 1958 283/230 Corvette chassis but received “Grand Prix-inspired” styling cues such as wire wheels, side exhaust and an extended snout, rumored to have been inspired by a one-off Ferrari 250 Special by Pininfarina. After going though a couple of iterations, it is believed that XP-700 was cannibalized to build the XP-755 “Mako Shark” concept car.
View attachment 124375
Thank the gods it was only an experiment.

1920 Rolls-Royce 40/50 HP Silver Ghost Coupé Chauffeur by Binder​

View attachment 124304
This is a beautiful car no doubt ...

But just look at it .... if it starts to piss pour rain ... the poor driver gets soaked and the snobs in the back stay nice and dry

What a world we live in ... even back then 😀

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
This is a beautiful car no doubt ...

But just look at it .... if it starts to piss pour rain ... the poor driver gets soaked and the snobs in the back stay nice and dry

What a world we live in ... even back then 😀
I was thinking the same thing and wondering how much I should be paying my chauffeur, lol .

Looking to bring both spectators and American automakers back to the Indy 500, Indianapolis Motor Speedway president Eddie Rickenbacker proposed a series of rule changes in 1929 that would become known as the "junk formula." From 1930 to 1937, the race once again included normally aspirated stock-block cars, and while this Hudson Super Six racing car, part of the Bothwell Collection to be sold by Bonhams on November 11, never raced at Indy – or likely at all - it still pays homage
View attachment 124314G
Back when drivers were real men! No front brakes, no seatbelts, a leather helmet and goggles. Of course, it was safe, they used leather belts to keep the hood closed, and it was high tech, they put smaller wheels on the front.

1960s flying car ?
This is all I can find.
Either this image has been photoshopped or the owner suffers from a major case of gauge-envy. Either way, someone went through a lot of work to make the this midyear Corvette’s cockpit look like something that’s ready for the runway instead of the driveway.

Click here for a larger image.

The photo was posted in the C1-C2 section of the Corvette Forum. I dug a little further and found that this dash is in deed real and was found in a 1966 Corvette that was on display at a car show in Elderburg, Maryland in May, 2007. The picture was taken by by flickr user tperry111.

This ’66 Vette is not the first with flight-related gauges. When the factory built the custom 1963 Corvette convertible for Harley Earl’s retirement, engineers removed the glovebox and installed custom gauges, one of which was an altimeter.

Comments about this dash on the forum are plenty and range from pilots talking shop to the fact that the usually chrome spinner on the Corvette’s tilt/tele steering column was painted flat black. Blasphemy!

Users who are viewing this thread