I watched the Oilers fall to pieces again at home against Winnipeg last night and Calgary gut out a road win in Anaheim. It is early but Toronto and Calgary seems to have carried on building from last year, while Edmonton is still making the usual mistakes. As a (frustrated) fan....I really hope they start living up to the hype soon. :bawling: haha
Oh I think McDavid and company will be just fine. I don't think they'll lose too many games once they get rolling. The best thing over the summer though is getting rid of Eberle. Should've kept Hall instead the year before.

So after a week of home-openers, a "wow" toward Vegas.
They are really helping me to advocate "the boss" to approve of a trip to Vegas when the snow flies ...
... it would be a trip primarily to flee the snow of course ... but checking the schedule for when an Alberta team plays there does not hurt the effort in swaying "the boss". Besides, she has an "Owners' School" to attend before next August too ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Oh I think McDavid and company will be just fine. I don't think they'll lose too many games once they get rolling. The best thing over the summer though is getting rid of Eberle. Should've kept Hall instead the year before.

Franky Mike Hall had to go. He has great skills but could not lead the team. Larson who they got in exchange has delivered stability and toughness on the back end. Just what the young Ds needed. For me it has proven the deal was win / win for the Oilers and the Devils who needed that offense.
Eberly.... I really liked Jordan but it just became too clear he was not willing to put in the effort. The lazy playoff performance sealed his fate. Sad to see him go but I can fully see why he had to. He was not close to earning the 6 mil in Edmonton.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeysZ06
I am not an Oil Leak fan but I agree with the assessment on Hall above. Hall was getting too used to being on a losing team being the first first overall pick they had and that was the price to get a very good dman in the league. You don't see good dman get traded very often for a good reason. They are a very expensive commodity because they are really a rare breed.

Pittsburgh and Las Vegas for the final. Boston looking good in the east as well as Winnipeg in the west.

I am not an Oil Leak fan but I agree with the assessment on Hall above. Hall was getting too used to being on a losing team being the first first overall pick they had and that was the price to get a very good dman in the league. You don't see good dman get traded very often for a good reason. They are a very expensive commodity because they are really a rare breed.

Pep, to prove your point I understand that the Boston Bruins have agreed to pay the Toronto Maple Leaf the full salary of Jake Gardner plus a 10% premium.

• Haha
Reactions: Pep
I have never been a Gardiner fan but I cut him some slack when he was young and learning. The last game was just really an indication of where he is at now that he is older and is what he is. I am not sure I ever seen a more skilled defenseman with less hockey sense... ever. He is equally dangerous at both ends of the ice.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.