Hey guys, I just had to chime in. Is nobody out there a Leafs fan? If not there's still room on the bandwagon. A young, fast and exciting team. Nice season opener against the Jets, a little slow starting but Andersen was solid and once they started rolling the game was theirs. Go Leafs Go!

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Not sure how many of you are hockey fans but if so,who do you like? And how do you think they'll do? Myself,I'm a Philadelphia fan first and foremost but also like the cross town rivals ,the Penguins.

If anything,I think strongly now that the final come spring could be Pittsburgh and Edmonton. Sid Crosby going for a 3-peat. Connor going for his first. Edmonton will be dependent on goaltending. And injuries.

Tampa Bay could be strong. The Leafs?? Secretly,we all hope they do good. The scoring title could come down to Crosby,Matthews and McDavid. I think a healthy Dallas Stars team could be a force. Nashville? They'll fall back down I think. Chicago early season will be tough,they'll get tired towards seasons end. The Flames? Hey!! We have Jaromir Jagr!! He can still play! He can still skate !! And I get to see him twice now !! Other than that,I see us being the leagues whipping boys.

It's a good time of year. Baseball playoffs !! Hockey getting underway. KC Chiefs 4-0. Stampeders looking pretty good too.

Calgary and Edmonton on Sportnets tonight 8 mountain time. Should be a good tilt.
Mickey, you are right: there is lots of sports to watch. I am a huge NFL fan; but, not so much a CFL fan: crazy rules that drive me nuts and make no sense to me - will watch from time to time though including the Grey Cup. I use to love the NHL until they changed the configuration of the ice: I call it shuffle board hockey now. I feel bad actually that I have lost interest in the game because I grew up in Ontario (Leafs were my team) and played hockey every day and weekend during the winter. I must try to accept the new NHL and watch more games this year. I played football as well. I must say I will not go to a game here in Vancouver because I refuse to pay the big bucks to; and besides, the game is awesome to watch on my big screen T.V. with a beer and some munchies. Baseball is an after thought as I find it too slow and boring: went to a game once and fell asleep. In any case, there is something for all us sport fans - enjoy everyone.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
I hear you about the CFL,some strange rules but for the most part,a high scoring game so that makes it somewhat exciting. Any idea what decent seats for a Lions game are? I know Vancouver is expensive but what's "big bucks" for 20 yard line seats. Second level. Stamps tickets are still fairly reasonable for "blues."

Flames tickets are getting pretty pricey over the last few years mind you. I've been to a Pre-season game and have tickets for 2 upcoming games. I'm going to get to get 2 more games in the new year when they're here on a home stand. Could be the last year the team is here. The talk on Seattle sports radio is making a little noise of them relocating there and there's been veiled talk here of the Flames moving to Seattle. Although politics shouldn't play a roll in a new building,sadly here in Calgary,it's playing out that way. Nenshi has to be turfed !!

I love the NFL game. I'd love to make the drive to Seattle some day to see a Packers/Seahawks game. I can only imagine the ticket prices for that !!

Baseball,yeah it can be boring but it's a tactical game. I love it !! I played as a kid from 8 to 14 as a second baseman and catcher for a summer so I'm kind of biased about the game. I loved all of it. I could see me being a season ticket holder for the "Canadians" if I lived out there.

That's pretty kewl Dub... He also played for the Oilers I think before they joined the NHL.....

I was a Bruin fan for a few years on the East coast but became an Oiler fan when I moved to Alberta in 1979 as they merged with the NHL, and I've never looked back. At the end of the day though, I'm a fan of Canada even if the players may be any assortment of nationalities. So Oilers all the way and if they stumble, whichever Canadian teams are left.

giphy.gif

I hear you about the CFL,some strange rules but for the most part,a high scoring game so that makes it somewhat exciting. Any idea what decent seats for a Lions game are? I know Vancouver is expensive but what's "big bucks" for 20 yard line seats. Second level. Stamps tickets are still fairly reasonable for "blues."

Flames tickets are getting pretty pricey over the last few years mind you. I've been to a Pre-season game and have tickets for 2 upcoming games. I'm going to get to get 2 more games in the new year when they're here on a home stand. Could be the last year the team is here. The talk on Seattle sports radio is making a little noise of them relocating there and there's been veiled talk here of the Flames moving to Seattle. Although politics shouldn't play a roll in a new building,sadly here in Calgary,it's playing out that way. Nenshi has to be turfed !!

I love the NFL game. I'd love to make the drive to Seattle some day to see a Packers/Seahawks game. I can only imagine the ticket prices for that !!

Baseball,yeah it can be boring but it's a tactical game. I love it !! I played as a kid from 8 to 14 as a second baseman and catcher for a summer so I'm kind of biased about the game. I loved all of it. I could see me being a season ticket holder for the "Canadians" if I lived out there.
I went to a Lions game with a friend from Kelowna: huge CFL fan - was a season ticket holder in Wpg. and Calgary and I believe the tickets were $60+. Not a great venue for football though because the stadium is huge and a lot of room between sidelines and seats - so, a long way from the game. You sound like my USA friend re: baseball - LOL.

After only three games into the season, are you hinting at something, Mike???????????
You never know !! We'll see what happens at the trade deadline. That's when you'll know if they're for real or not. I always thought it would take Mike Babcock a few years to get the boys going. They're sure looking good so far.

Once we get through to December month, we should have a pretty good idea of which teams are for real or not and which ones have just had the hot start. But I have to say, there are already some interesting storylines cropping up

I watched the Oilers fall to pieces again at home against Winnipeg last night and Calgary gut out a road win in Anaheim. It is early but Toronto and Calgary seems to have carried on building from last year, while Edmonton is still making the usual mistakes. As a (frustrated) fan....I really hope they start living up to the hype soon. :bawling: haha

I watched the Oilers fall to pieces again at home against Winnipeg last night and Calgary gut out a road win in Anaheim. It is early but Toronto and Calgary seems to have carried on building from last year, while Edmonton is still making the usual mistakes. As a (frustrated) fan....I really hope they start living up to the hype soon. :bawling: haha

Well, as much as did not personally "enjoy" the result of season opener for our Province,
did anyone else also notice that the Game was pretty much played by an "I" on both sides?
One player scored goals (all 3) and one player kept more pucks from going in than what was shot at him from that goal scorer (4 of 7).
I saw it as a good show from 2 players eh!
Both Alberta teams had to come away from the season opener with coaching that there is no "I" in "TEAM".
So far, Calgary has appeared to step-up before the addition of another player (for one year) with my hope that it does not develop into an "I".
This year, it is a must that we have both "Alberta" teams in the Playoffs ... I'm taking blinders off and not being an "I" in Alberta ... until the Playoffs.

Last edited:
Still early..... players need time to get a rhythm playing together.. lines changing a bit. been decently impressed with the Oilers.... Talbot had some strong saves and back up goalie was strong the game before... he was amazing.

Giving things a bit more time.......

B

Still early..... players need time to get a rhythm playing together.. lines changing a bit. been decently impressed with the Oilers.... Talbot had some strong saves and back up goalie was strong the game before... he was amazing.

Giving things a bit more time.......

B

Only my 5 cents but,

Talbot was not sharp at all in Vancouver and last night he never really got dialed in until it was too late. He is like that though.. hot or cold and rarely average. After the first period the shots were 21/11 Oilers with the Jets ahead 2-0. lol...You could see Mclellan's face in the 2nd deciding as to pulling him again...:confused: Brossoit was great and clearly shows he is continuing his work to be a starter one day.
Agreed they are still looking for some chemistry with the new inserts but the lines were 17 pre-playoff configured until the 3rd period where Conner and Leon were split up. This is what I was looking for as things started happening then. A ton of energy but...too late.
I expect they will get it together but clearly the Flames are focused and starting to perform the way they should now. Jager is an interesting case here. Will he help or actually upset the chemistry. If he fits into the team and provides the leadership and skill as hoped....look out Pacific division. Finally Hockey is relevant again in Alberta. :thumbs:

Still early..... Giving things a bit more time.......
humble curiosity as a fellow spectator has me asking ... "and then what?" ... (I've only been able to change the channel?)

on second thought ... maybe giving a it more time and it will all be better ???

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.