wow. How many gophers did you bring back from the Gap with those things?

I wanted to laugh, really I did. I just didn’t get the joke.
If it’s the canards you mean... no gophers but they scooped up a couple bushels of dragon flies and other assorted bugs. Its a real “bugger” to clean them out of there too.

I didn't intend to offend. They look like a place to trap a lot of debris, and I can't help but think of the small animals and stuff in Saskatchewan (the Gap between Alberta and Manitoba), and I can only imagine what kind of stuff you had to clean out of there. Again, no offense my friend.

Apology barbeque at my house. We'll cook whatever you bring in those things. ;)

I didn't intend to offend. They look like a place to trap a lot of debris, and I can't help but think of the small animals and stuff in Saskatchewan (the Gap between Alberta and Manitoba), and I can only imagine what kind of stuff you had to clean out of there. Again, no offense my friend.

Apology barbeque at my house. We'll cook whatever you bring in those things. ;)

Honestly I wasn’t offended at all.
I kind of thought that’s what you meant but was too chicken to plunge in.
It was and still is funny as hell the way you intended as yes they scoop up everything. Golphers or golfers if they managed to get in the way.
All good man. 👍

Honestly I wasn’t offended at all.
I kind of thought that’s what you meant but was too chicken to plunge in.
It was and still is funny as hell the way you intended as yes they scoop up everything. Golphers or golfers if they managed to get in the way.
All good man. 👍
Fyi, I saved the picture of your car that you sent me on my phone so I can show people the look I'm after! Thanks it keeps me motivated!

Thanks, but it's the other one (taller) I might need (right side).

Oh ok. Yes I managed to get 2 sets of the tall ones in carbon fibre just in case I had a brain fart and damaged them. (Which I did)
The thing with these canards Axe is some fit the factory splitters and some do not. So be careful when and if you order them. Usually it will be indicated on the vendor website but some do not and you could end up with something that only fits properly on the matching aftermarket splitter.
Just for you info.
D

Rumour has it they will scrape up concrete as well if you get too close to the curb.... :angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic:

Ya.... that was a close one. Sanded off the bottom of the right side one that day in Manitoba doing that U-turn 😢
Was able to readjust it and smooth off the bottom edge and save it though.
If that curb was 5mm higher.... it would have been ugly. 😱

• Wow
Reactions: YFCvii
Oh ok. Yes I managed to get 2 sets of the tall ones in carbon fibre just in case I had a brain fart and damaged them. (Which I did)
The thing with these canards Axe is some fit the factory splitters and some do not. So be careful when and if you order them. Usually it will be indicated on the vendor website but some do not and you could end up with something that only fits properly on the matching aftermarket splitter.
Just for you info.
D

Thanks. I know *someone* with the factory oem Z07 who ran it into the drywall in the garage. I heard *he* was trying to get the car as close as possible to the wall, but the wall got in the way.
*He's* not sure if it's going to buff out or not. But I do know *he* would buy a leftover right side winglet / kannard / cannard if anyone has an extra.

well the splitter showed up, 122.00 custom charges, seems like the charges are random! It is carbon fiber finish, I chose Carbon Flash, same as the canards, a little disappointed but painful to ship back. I will install it and see how it looks. If I don't like it I will paint it!

• Wow
Reactions: ddgermann
well the splitter showed up, 122.00 custom charges, seems like the charges are random! It is carbon fiber finish, I chose Carbon Flash, same as the canards, a little disappointed but painful to ship back. I will install it and see how it looks. If I don't like it I will paint it!

Beyond the duty charges, what is the issue Dan? The finish not matching the canards or the carbon flash on your car or the styling/fit?

Beyond the duty charges, what is the issue Dan? The finish not matching the canards or the carbon flash on your car or the styling/fit?
I specifically chose Carbon Flash (to match canards) in the drop down menu and received Carbon Fiber finish. It may look okay, not installing it until spring.

I specifically chose Carbon Flash (to match canards) in the drop down menu and received Carbon Fiber finish. It may look okay, not installing it until spring.

Dan that is unfortunate. The factory carbon fibre stage 3 grounds effects package comes with a carbon fibre splitter and carbon flash canards. It looks god awful with the carbon flash canards against the carbon fibre splitter. well to me it did. As I said I sold my factory carbon flash canards and bought the aftermarket carbon fibre ones.
The pictures are not the best but it will give you the idea. Carbon flash against carbon flash and carbon fibre against carbon fibre look fine, but mixed not so great.

If you have the chance go to a dealership and look at a Z07 car with the factory carbon fibre splitter and the factory carbon flash canards installed. You will see exactly how this looks before you install them.

Now you have more decisions to make my friend.

Gee... I just looked back and see I already sent you a close up picture of the Flash vs fibre factory combination. Sorry for repeating myself here Man.

1547862044362.png

2014_Canadian_International_AutoShow_0190_(12646009813).jpg

Last edited:
well that sucks Dan. You'd think vendor would either pay for return OR cover cost to paint. When I ordered my ACS splitter I bought a primed only one as the dealer I bought car from was willing to paint carbon flash for $100 vs $250 USDo_O that ACS charges in addition if you order carbon flash direct! And yes Derek the carbon flash cunards matched the carbon flash splitter perfectly.....

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.