...Carbon flash against carbon fibre looks crappy...
I concur in respect for my own Corvette too @ddgermann ...
which is what I was most concerned about when I was buying
a second-hand carbon fibre roof with gloss painted roof rails.
It resulted in good fortune once received, however I was thinking about the
"flash against the fibre" thing the whole time. I do have both flash and fibre
on my Corvette and will do what I can to make sure they are not up beside
one another (and always separated by Long Beach Red)

• Haha
Reactions: ccltj
  • Haha
Reactions: ccltj and YFCvii
Dan this can quickly become an expensive venture, especially adding on carbon fibre. There are a few good suppliers out there that have a very similar color and weave on their products. Some closer to the factory stuff and some not so close. It is a bit of trial and error to find the ones that match the best. For you, it's using one company and sticking with it so it all matches. If you're wading into the carbon fiber pool... best to do a ton of research on the different types. True vs hydro...etc

Sorry, I'm not trying to show off my average Z06 but trying to show you the differences in the products installed in the real world.

Here is carbon flash against carbon fiber. Like the splitter/canard picture above it's just not cool.
Notice the heat extractor in flash against the carbon fibre hood insert. (all factory) :Vomit:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3a96.jpg

Below the factory splitter with aftermarket canards
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2751.jpg

The overall look with the carbon fiber heat extractor in the hood. Color is not perfect against the factory carbon fiber but still better. It takes a bit of work to get all the carbon flash away from the carbon fiber.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3e58.jpg

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2624.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2624.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 18
Appreciate the warnings on this stuff D as it really can make and break us during the acquisition process. Knowing that it simply looks AWESOME is what takes a thought toward CF a reality ... Thank you man 😁👍🏻

Last edited:
I am going all carbon flash, no carbon fiber, nothing against carbon fiber, it looks great. I am just going full Black out with the car. The only color remaining will be the factory Red calipers and I might even change those.

Attachments

• c7z51_2.jpg
    c7z51_2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: ddgermann
I am going all carbon flash, no carbon fiber, nothing against carbon fiber, it looks great. I am just going full Black out with the car. The only color remaining will be the factory Red calipers and I might even change those.

Ok Dan that makes things much easier for you. The splitter you posted was in Carbon fiber...
If your going full blackout have you considered matte or satin black finish on your bolt-ons rather than the flash?

Black and green looks great too :thumbs:

Ok Dan that makes things much easier for you. The splitter you posted was in Carbon fiber...
If your going full blackout have you considered matte or satin black finish on your bolt-ons rather than the flash?

Black and green looks great too :thumbs:
Yes I had to chose " carbon flash finish" when I got to the order portion which didn't change it on the link, all flash for now, I saw the Sublime Green on a Black "Supervette" picture which I can't find now.

Reactions: ddgermann
Beauty and yes tinted or Oracle side markers would really add to the look and limo tint that little quarter window, its useless anyway.

My rear and quarter windows are limo tinted. Passed the Gestapo check stop in Saskatchewan last summer. (Sadly my driver and passenger side windows did not at 35%.
:blown:

Definitely do that mod

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.