well that sucks Dan. You'd think vendor would either pay for return OR cover cost to paint. When I ordered my ACS splitter I bought a primed only one as the dealer I bought car from was willing to paint carbon flash for $100 vs $250 USDo_O that ACS charges in addition if you order carbon flash direct! And yes Derek the carbon flash cunards matched the carbon flash splitter perfectly.....
I will email them and see if they will chip in for paint. This thing was packaged like it was pure gold. Expanding foam sprayed inside the box and rigid braces all over the place. It was a chore unpacking it. I give them credit for that. I know i can't repack it like that to return it, plus they probably wouldn't reimburse me for customs charges. I can't imagine painting it will cost too much.

Reactions: ddgermann
Dan that is unfortunate. The factory carbon fibre stage 3 grounds effects package comes with a carbon fibre splitter and carbon flash canards. It looks god awful with the carbon flash canards against the carbon fibre splitter. well to me it did. As I said I sold my factory carbon flash canards and bought the aftermarket carbon fibre ones.
The pictures are not the best but it will give you the idea. Carbon flash against carbon flash and carbon fibre against carbon fibre look fine, but mixed not so great.

If you have the chance go to a dealership and look at a Z07 car with the factory carbon fibre splitter and the factory carbon flash canards installed. You will see exactly how this looks before you install them.

Now you have more decisions to make my friend.

Gee... I just looked back and see I already sent you a close up picture of the Flash vs fibre factory combination. Sorry for repeating myself here Man.

View attachment 23087
View attachment 23088
Thanks, will probably end up painting it before installing and deciding i don't like it. Makes more sense and based on your pics i don't think I'll be happy with it.

Thanks, will probably end up painting it before installing and deciding i don't like it. Makes more sense and based on your pics i don't think I'll be happy with it.

Brings a small tear knowing the carbon fibre is getting painted over but for sure you want to stay with the flash look consistently Dan.
Hope you get it sorted with good support from your vendor chipping in on the paint as you’re right sending it back and possibly paying duty again would eat up the paint cost and more likely.

Keep us posted man.

D

Reactions: Dantanman
So this is their reply, "I am sorry we do not carry the Side Winglets in carbon fiber. However we do carry the Front Splitter is carbon flash. Would you like to exchange your current splitter for a carbon flash one". Wth? I guess i will return the splitter.

• Agree
🤔 hmmmmm ... exposed carbon fibre huh ... hmmmmm 🤔

... and it’s already in the land making Canadian Corvettes Great Again
and maybe looking for somebody that already has a Corvette developing the exposed carbon fibre “rash" 😳

Last edited:
So we go to return the splitter and Canada Post says the package is too long?? It is the same length as the package we received it in. wth? Guess I will check out courier options and see what the supplier says.

• Haha
Well the saga continues, Extreme Online store said ship the splitter back and we'll replace it with a carbon flash one. Canada Post will not ship it because "it's too large". We said it came via Canada Post! Doesn't matter we have our own rules, different from shipping usa to Canada versus Canada to USA, go figure. Courier wants 352.00, doubt they will want to pay that. I am going to ask for help covering the cost of painting it I guess or maybe wrapping it. I suspect that will be in the 200.00 area.

• Sad
Company (Extreme Online Store) will not pay return freight and refused my suggestion to help with paint costs. Why do they sell carbon flash winglets with carbon fiber splitter? Makes no sense to me. I will have my friend at Classic Auto Graphics in Calgary wrap it in Carbon Flash and Expel and be good to go, will be more durable as well.

Oh lord I’m doomed thinking of my next carbon fibre acquisition ... however I will be doing a USA delivery address with a summer trip to Omaha ... been told my parts are not in stock and there is no anticipated restocking date (it’s just like ad if I’m ordering a zr1) ... gee whiz ... I will test patience being a virtue (on carbon fibre ... not the zr1).

Company (Extreme Online Store) will not pay return freight and refused my suggestion to help with paint costs. Why do they sell carbon flash winglets with carbon fiber splitter? Makes no sense to me. I will have my friend at Classic Auto Graphics in Calgary wrap it in Carbon Flash and Expel and be good to go, will be more durable as well.

Put in the classifieds here first Dan. Maybe someone here looking for a carbon fibre one will buy it off you and you can come out a bit closer to even.
Just a thought.
Sucks to be dealing with this kind of BS. Something tells me you will be scratching a vendor off your list.
Hopefully this all comes right for you man.

Reactions: YFCvii
Put in the classifieds here first Dan. Maybe someone here looking for a carbon fibre one will buy it off you and you can come out a bit closer to even.
Just a thought.
Sucks to be dealing with this kind of BS. Something tells me you will be scratching a vendor off your list.
Hopefully this all comes right for you man.
Thanks, yes they are on the "do not buy" list. I was leaning towards wrapping it anyway so it's all good.

Too much time on my hands. Ordered stainless engine dress up kit and Black lugnut covers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190218-103655.png
    Screenshot_20190218-103655.png
    286.2 KB · Views: 10
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.