I don't know if this applies to all but my dealer contacted me and said the window to finalize my Z06 order is now open. I have sent back an e-mail asking how long that window will remain as such because Sherwood notified me of a Z06 in the Fall and the status changed to 3000 as we were speaking about making changes... My dealer hasn't replied yet.

Just thought I would pass this on as others may want to contact their dealers if they have one on order... I have this feeling all Cdn models will be done concurrently...makes sense anyway so i could be wrong.

Thank for info, have some change to do. Remove cfz aero pack. I will buy less expensive and maybe put on my stingray before i receive my z06. By the way , do you know if side skirt and splitter are interchange for z06 and base stingray?

US dealers will not sell to Canadians

Re charliebrown66, if US dealers will not sell to Canadians, how did the Montreal, St. Catharines and Sherwood Park dealers get their Z06s? It would seem that the prohibition does not extend to GM dealers. Or ...?
A related question: what is the status of the warranty on a car imported by an individual versus one imported by a Canadian dealer?

Nobody knows how this is getting done with dealerships. I have spoken to dealerships directly that have done this (as they called me to sell me a premium priced Z06) and they will not elaborate but to say that the vehicles are not imported as 'new' vehicles as they cannot be....although they are new vehicles in every aspect. They have to be titled to cross the ditch. Truth is, if you go to a US dealer who has a new Vette and wants to sell it to you as a 'used' vehicle...there is nothing stopping you from bringing it back into Canada legally.

Conversely, if you have a US friend, you can have him buy a new Vette for you and then sell it to you immediately as a used vehicle....totally legit...

Warranty on US Corvettes coming over means a 12k mile warranty exclusion. You have no warranty during the most important time unless the dealer works something out with you.

If you were to buy one in the USA... you would need to soak the sales tax there to. One would have to register it to make it a used vehicle and pay maybe $5000-7000 USD give or take tax on the car. that adds another $8000 cnd to the cost

Not worth buying a new one there

I have a lady in NC that could buy one and sell it to me..... but the dollar is too stupid to buy direct now.

I have thought of trying to sell my USA ZR1 back into the USA to get 1.25 for it.... as I bought it at par. :)

Not sure what GM of Canada will be doing for prices now....... of all cars.... never mind the Corvette only.... big trucks and SUV's might become pricier too.

Get locked in if you have one on order.

Brian

2009CGMZR1 to sell a US dollar back to the bank today they'd give you $1.1992 not $1.25 you always get less when you sell US back to a bank.

Someone buying a nicely loaded C7 - Z06 who could sell it back to the US right away could make a quick $8,000.00 plus. I'd borrow money and buy 5 if I could.

I heard the Canadian dealers who have US Z06's are buying them through a US car broker. Right no Canadian warranty first 12 months

2009CGMZR1 to sell a US dollar back to the bank today they'd give you $1.1992 not $1.25 you always get less when you sell US back to a bank.

[exchange rate: 1.2208]

I would be happy with that rate... you get a higher rate trading a big amount to exchanging $1000

can sell some cash to people going to Las Vegas for 1.24

a sell price of $62,000 USD and a rate of 1.24 would make me happy.... own the car for 3 years for cheap.

Time will tell where the rate goes and what I do.

My understanding is these dealers are not buying the cars directly into their GM dealership, but buy them in to an associated used car dealer that they control.

An example is Cullen Chev in St Catherines, they are selling US Corvettes but through Brian Cullen's Elite Autocollection. This way they are not getting their GM dealership in trouble with GM Canada. Seems like a thin line though.

My understanding is these dealers are not buying the cars directly into their GM dealership, but buy them in to an associated used car dealer that they control.

An example is Cullen Chev in St Catherines, they are selling US Corvettes but through Brian Cullen's Elite Autocollection. This way they are not getting their GM dealership in trouble with GM Canada. Seems like a thin line though.

I have heard that some dealers are using volume brokers in the US to import used Corvettes into Canada. If you wait a bit you should be able to import a C7 Z06 into Canada but the exchange rate may be a consideration. Like anything it depends how badly you want it.

Why GM would rather not send Z06s to Canada

At the current exchange rate of $0.80 US$ to 1.00 Can$, as long as US dealers will take all the Z06s Bowling Green can produce, GM will lose $ by shipping Z06s to Canada. Take the example of a Z06 ZL1 coupe with manual trans (MSRP US$78,000 + freight $995, C$85,095 + freight $1,900), Z07 pkg, painted carbon fiber ground effects, perf data & video recorder, indoor cover, US gas guzzler tax $1,300 or Canadian AC tax $100: total MSRP US$92,190 or C$101,725.
US$92,190 / 0.8 = C$115,237, which is C$13,512 more than the Canadian MSRP. If dealer margin is 20%, that is GM nets 80% of MSRP, then GM would net C$13,512 x 0.8 = C$10,810 more for this car in the US than it would in Canada. N'est-ce pas?

A simple Cdn to US conversion on a base Z06 coupe returns the US version costing $8000US more than the Canadian version. If we then add US taxes before export, again Cdn money converted...and then Cdn taxes for whatever province, it is practically unfeasible to get a US version Vette for under 120K IMO....and that's not including transport and Cdn dealer markup.

That price is being paid by those that want this car now....even with the 12k mile warranty exclusion. Gotta love it.

GM Canada under priced this car here.

Guess they could not rub a crystal ball to guess the dollar rate come now.

This car at a $99,000 base price is still a steal !!!

$130,000 for a Z07 full load is still a decent price too.... for the car you are getting.

I wonder how much a Z07 rag will be selling for... in blue ....come on Lotto 649 !!! haha

Brian

A simple Cdn to US conversion on a base Z06 coupe returns the US version costing $8000US more than the Canadian version. If we then add US taxes before export, again Cdn money converted...and then Cdn taxes for whatever province, it is practically unfeasible to get a US version Vette for under 120K IMO....and that's not including transport and Cdn dealer markup.

That price is being paid by those that want this car now....even with the 12k mile warranty exclusion. Gotta love it.

Agree you have to pay to play. I would not doubt that there is someone in Canada with deep pockets that wants it now and will pay.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.