wilyvet

Casual User
Dec 16, 2014
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Z06
Does anyone know when Z06s will be despatched to Western Canada? It seems that some have been delivered to southern Ontario and two were offered on US ebay at MSRP the last time I looked.

One arrived in Edmonton at Sherwood as well...check with them. There are very few Z06s in total coming to Canada. I spoke with Southgate from Calgary yesterday who stated they were getting 3. I dont know if they are accounted for.

Last edited:
One arrived in Edmonton at Sherwood as well...check with them. There are very few Z06s in total coming to Canbada. I spoke with Southgate from Calgary yesterday who stated they were getting 3. I dont know if they are accounted for.

A dealer is getting three? I speculate all three would be firm retail sold orders as opposed to the dealer buying them to stock. My local dealer has a Z06 on order but I am sure it is a retail sold order.

I heard Sherwood had 4, 2 sold and 2 available? Plus they have an orange one on the way. I have pictures if anyone want to private message me with their email

RockyPM, ( now should be RedDeerPM haha ) they have an orange one coming...... buy it!

Have any convertibles come to Canada? I could take a blue Z07 convertible maybe... if Lottomax comes through tonight! :)

Brian

new Z06s in Canada

In Autotrader Canada there are six new Z06s on offer. Dealers in Montreal and St. Catharines offer 2015 Z06s at what looks like perhaps $20,000 over MSRP. On Autotrader USA there are 367 new Z06s offered, more than 200 of them at MSRP.

Where are the 2015 Z06s?

Does anyone know how many shifts are being devoted to Z06 production in Bowling Green? Production began in early November at the rate of seven Z06s per hour. One shift operation = ~50 cars per day. Two shift operation = ~100 per day. Three shifts = 150 per day. Since early November, say 50-60 operating days ...? At two shifts per day: 100 x 50 = 5,000 Z06s. Where are they? Or what is wrong with this calculation?

Does anyone know how many shifts are being devoted to Z06 production in Bowling Green? Production began in early November at the rate of seven Z06s per hour. One shift operation = ~50 cars per day. Two shift operation = ~100 per day. Three shifts = 150 per day. Since early November, say 50-60 operating days ...? At two shifts per day: 100 x 50 = 5,000 Z06s. Where are they? Or what is wrong with this calculation?

I was under the impression BG has a daily max capacity of 180 C7s each day and that all flavours (verts, coupes, Z51s, ZF1s, Z06s with and without Z07) are all mixed on the line. From looking at one of the production line videos there may be more than one actual assembly line. I say that because I believe I saw at least two test dynos as the video was recording one C7 driving off the line and onto one of more than one dynos.

:confused:

bowling green rate of production

On corvetteassembly.com one learns that 800 workers (annual wage bill US$88.4 million) assemble Corvettes 8 hours per day, Monday to Friday. If the Z06 production rate of seven per hour established in early November still obtains, with negligible overtime, 7 x 40 hours x 12 weeks = 2,360 Z06s thus far. About 10 per cent of these are on offer at MSRP on US autotrader.com. So where is mine?

I don't know if this applies to all but my dealer contacted me and said the window to finalize my Z06 order is now open. I have sent back an e-mail asking how long that window will remain as such because Sherwood notified me of a Z06 in the Fall and the status changed to 3000 as we were speaking about making changes... My dealer hasn't replied yet.

Just thought I would pass this on as others may want to contact their dealers if they have one on order... I have this feeling all Cdn models will be done concurrently...makes sense anyway so i could be wrong.

private import of Z06 speedo to metric + French labeling

Because the only Z06s available Western Canada are ~$20,000 above MSRP, and more than 200 Z06s are available in the USA at MSRP, the obvious questions are: 1. when will Western Canadian dealers get Z06s? Nobody knows and GM isn't offering any information. Could be after summer.
2. what about buying one in the USA and driving it back? MSRP, GST and AC tax about the same as for a Canadian purchase. Incremental expenses are RIV fee ($200), provincial inspection ($150?), speedometer to metric ($???) and French labels here and there ($???).
Does anybody know what the costs of speedo to metric and French labeling would be for a 2015 Z06?
Any warranty problem? Have I missed something?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.