Regular
Sep 12, 2011
Awards
Somerset, Kings County, Nova Scotia, Canada
VetteCoins
Car
2004 Coupe
Greetings from Ottawa! :canada:

I'm in the process of concluding the purchase of a '75 L82 Coupe, white exterior/black interior, and will post pictures when it sits in my drive. Always liked that particular model style (graduated high school in 1977) but have never owned a Vette previously. I do own a 1912 Model T (can I say that here?) so the Vette will be a great compliment to that other iconic automobile!

I also purchased a 09 Challenger (can I say that here?) in late 2008 as a year-round daily drive and found that particular supporting internet forum to be a wealth of info so I've decided to tag in here as well. Presently a serving member of the Canadian Forces/RCAF and posted in the Ottawa River Valley but will retire in three years to the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia - so figured that "Valley Vette" would make a reasonable handle!

That's it for now... greetings all :seeya:

CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Awards
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
Greetings from Ottawa! :canada:

I'm in the process of concluding the purchase of a '75 L82 Coupe, white exterior/black interior, and will post pictures when it sits in my drive. Always liked that particular model style (graduated high school in 1977) but have never owned a Vette previously. I do own a 1912 Model T (can I say that here?) so the Vette will be a great compliment to that other iconic automobile!

I also purchased a 09 Challenger (can I say that here?) in late 2008 as a year-round daily drive and found that particular supporting internet forum to be a wealth of info so I've decided to tag in here as well. Presently a serving member of the Canadian Forces/RCAF and posted in the Ottawa River Valley but will retire in three years to the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia - so figured that "Valley Vette" would make a reasonable handle!

That's it for now... greetings all :seeya:

Welcome from an ex-valley resident......used to live in Smiths Falls many years ago, and cruised your neighbourhood a time or 2.
Congrats on the L82 -- great car and yes be sure to post pics. I've not seen many white vettes and would love to see this one.

Oh, and as far as I know it's ok to have a Ford in the garage along with the vette.
I've got a Ford too, and actually my wife has one so Fords outnumber chebby by 2-1......:eek:

So far nobody has asked me to leave (yet).......:D

Be sure and post up pics of the 'T' and Challenger. The T is a lot rarer than my Fords tho I'm probably not much younger. :p :p

Cheers, and bon chance with the purchase.

Hi to the 'valley' from me. It's a great spot and I miss it.

C.

Last edited:

Riley P

Staff member
Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Awards
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
Firstly, welcome to the forum!!! We are much more than Corvette enthusiasts but car enthusiasts too! There is another member here with a T I believe.

Glad you are able to get your dream car and I look forward to the pictures. Model T and Challenger are not swears around here. Post up pics of those rides too!

HLN A55

High RPM Poster
Jan 27, 2009
Awards
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
Welcome to the site! You are allowed to have other cars but you have to promise that you like your corvette the most :) !!!

Valley Vette

Regular
Sep 12, 2011
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2004 Coupe
Thanks for the Welcome

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Here's a "2fer1" picture of our 2009 SXT Challenger which is our daily drive 365 days a year and the 1912 Model T which runs on summer afternoons or and in parades. Almost 100 years apart...how neat is that! VV

2009Challenger1912ModelT100.jpg

CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Awards
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
Very cool pics, VV.......especially love the Model T -- man, there were some hours spent restoring that baby. (and no doubt maintaining it too)

Challenger and Chrysler have been a favourite in the past right back to when they were first born in 1966. Way cool cars and I'm very pleased that Chrysler brought them back. Yours is a beauty. My new 'vette is that colour -- Crystal Red Tintcoat and it's one of my alltime faves.

Terrific pics and thanks for sharing.

Colin

Valley Vette

Regular
Sep 12, 2011
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2004 Coupe
Thks. The T is a lot of fun to drive. The sound of the engine is very distinctive on a quiet country road. I didn't do all that much restoration, althought it does have new paint. It would be nice to replace the orig brass to give the T some gleam but that's costly and would take away from its survivor status. Some things are best left alone me thinks. You can't see it in the pics but the T still has the orig floor mat!

VV

Riley P

Staff member
Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Awards
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
Great pictures! Thanks for posting. Amazing where cars have come in nearly 100 years (as you have shown). Very cool!

LazyDog

Jun 10, 2010
Awards
South Mountain, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1987 Z51 Convertible
Excuse me for being late to the party but as a neighbour felt I had to weigh in with a welcome and while I'm at it will add my thanks for the role you play on Canada's behalf! :canada:

Beautiful cars all round!

From the pics it appears that while in Ottawa you may be city bound! When you get the chance head south for a cruise along hwy #2 between Cornwall and Kingston! Great Vette cruising roads and scenic too!

CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Awards
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
Excuse me for being late to the party but as a neighbour felt I had to weigh in with a welcome and while I'm at it will add my thanks for the role you play on Canada's behalf! :canada:

From the pics it appears that while in Ottawa you may be city bound! When you get the chance head south for a cruise along hwy #2 between Cornwall and Kingston! Great Vette cruising roads and scenic too!

Hey LD.....I know that road and the area! It was a frequent Sunday haunt by our family while growing up in 'the valley' some years ago tho I was a little young to have a vette to cruise it with.:D

Back in those days, Hwy 2 was the main road while the 401 was being built.

As you say, great scenery and would be terrific to cruise and meet. May be a possibility for sometime down the road. Let's keep it in mind.

Valley Vette

Regular
Sep 12, 2011
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2004 Coupe

LD - thanks on all counts. :) I don't plan to spend any more time cruising the "burbs" than I have to. Fortunately, living in the east end, I can hit relatively open highway in a few minutes. And I will take you up on your #2 suggestion first chance I get!

VV

Users who are viewing this thread