Sep 12, 2011
Somerset, Kings County, Nova Scotia, Canada
VetteCoins
Car
2004 Coupe
Greetings from Ottawa! :canada:

I'm in the process of concluding the purchase of a '75 L82 Coupe, white exterior/black interior, and will post pictures when it sits in my drive. Always liked that particular model style (graduated high school in 1977) but have never owned a Vette previously. I do own a 1912 Model T (can I say that here?) so the Vette will be a great compliment to that other iconic automobile!

I also purchased a 09 Challenger (can I say that here?) in late 2008 as a year-round daily drive and found that particular supporting internet forum to be a wealth of info so I've decided to tag in here as well. Presently a serving member of the Canadian Forces/RCAF and posted in the Ottawa River Valley but will retire in three years to the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia - so figured that "Valley Vette" would make a reasonable handle!

That's it for now... greetings all :seeya:

Greetings from Ottawa! :canada:

I'm in the process of concluding the purchase of a '75 L82 Coupe, white exterior/black interior, and will post pictures when it sits in my drive. Always liked that particular model style (graduated high school in 1977) but have never owned a Vette previously. I do own a 1912 Model T (can I say that here?) so the Vette will be a great compliment to that other iconic automobile!

I also purchased a 09 Challenger (can I say that here?) in late 2008 as a year-round daily drive and found that particular supporting internet forum to be a wealth of info so I've decided to tag in here as well. Presently a serving member of the Canadian Forces/RCAF and posted in the Ottawa River Valley but will retire in three years to the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia - so figured that "Valley Vette" would make a reasonable handle!

That's it for now... greetings all :seeya:

Welcome from an ex-valley resident......used to live in Smiths Falls many years ago, and cruised your neighbourhood a time or 2.
Congrats on the L82 -- great car and yes be sure to post pics. I've not seen many white vettes and would love to see this one.

Oh, and as far as I know it's ok to have a Ford in the garage along with the vette.
I've got a Ford too, and actually my wife has one so Fords outnumber chebby by 2-1......:eek:

So far nobody has asked me to leave (yet).......:D

Be sure and post up pics of the 'T' and Challenger. The T is a lot rarer than my Fords tho I'm probably not much younger. :p :p

Cheers, and bon chance with the purchase.

Hi to the 'valley' from me. It's a great spot and I miss it.

C.

Last edited:
Firstly, welcome to the forum!!! We are much more than Corvette enthusiasts but car enthusiasts too! There is another member here with a T I believe.

Glad you are able to get your dream car and I look forward to the pictures. Model T and Challenger are not swears around here. Post up pics of those rides too!

Thanks for the Welcome

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Here's a "2fer1" picture of our 2009 SXT Challenger which is our daily drive 365 days a year and the 1912 Model T which runs on summer afternoons or and in parades. Almost 100 years apart...how neat is that! VV

2009Challenger1912ModelT100.jpg

Very cool pics, VV.......especially love the Model T -- man, there were some hours spent restoring that baby. (and no doubt maintaining it too)

Challenger and Chrysler have been a favourite in the past right back to when they were first born in 1966. Way cool cars and I'm very pleased that Chrysler brought them back. Yours is a beauty. My new 'vette is that colour -- Crystal Red Tintcoat and it's one of my alltime faves.

Terrific pics and thanks for sharing.

Colin

Thks. The T is a lot of fun to drive. The sound of the engine is very distinctive on a quiet country road. I didn't do all that much restoration, althought it does have new paint. It would be nice to replace the orig brass to give the T some gleam but that's costly and would take away from its survivor status. Some things are best left alone me thinks. You can't see it in the pics but the T still has the orig floor mat!

VV

Excuse me for being late to the party but as a neighbour felt I had to weigh in with a welcome and while I'm at it will add my thanks for the role you play on Canada's behalf! :canada:

Beautiful cars all round!

From the pics it appears that while in Ottawa you may be city bound! When you get the chance head south for a cruise along hwy #2 between Cornwall and Kingston! Great Vette cruising roads and scenic too!

Excuse me for being late to the party but as a neighbour felt I had to weigh in with a welcome and while I'm at it will add my thanks for the role you play on Canada's behalf! :canada:

From the pics it appears that while in Ottawa you may be city bound! When you get the chance head south for a cruise along hwy #2 between Cornwall and Kingston! Great Vette cruising roads and scenic too!

Hey LD.....I know that road and the area! It was a frequent Sunday haunt by our family while growing up in 'the valley' some years ago tho I was a little young to have a vette to cruise it with.:D

Back in those days, Hwy 2 was the main road while the 401 was being built.

As you say, great scenery and would be terrific to cruise and meet. May be a possibility for sometime down the road. Let's keep it in mind.

LD - thanks on all counts. :) I don't plan to spend any more time cruising the "burbs" than I have to. Fortunately, living in the east end, I can hit relatively open highway in a few minutes. And I will take you up on your #2 suggestion first chance I get!

VV

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.