Thanks guys, electrical starting tomorrow as well as some concrete work. Brought in another 10 loads of stone for the driveway today and finished covering my windows and doors with plastic to ensure no concrete splashes. Time to do a little more weed wacking out at the road.
Having a quarter bubble fabric awning made for the shop man door as well in black which should look really cool. The frame is 1'' square aluminum cut and welded to stretch the fabric on.
Also doing 600' of weeping tile along the high ground of the front yard..

Bill

Last edited:
House is coming along great but very little time for photos. I've been working 14 to 16 hr days 7 days a week since the 1st of May. I think you guys will like the house and I will do my best to get some photos tomorrow.
Rain has been a bitch!!

Bill

A handful of photos but more to come....stay tuned.

Bill

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 26
I actually started with a plan off the internet and then just made a bunch of alteration's and upgrades. It was an American plan which never had a basement. Just a concrete pad. The way I designed the stairs into the basement, the basement and main floor are open to one another with a large window right in the stairway. This eliminates a dark hallway as well as the dark stairway into the basement. I am finishing the basement the same as the main floor which will give us a little over 3500 sq ft.
The exterior is all cement stone across the entire front and also across the back patio area. The rest will be done in a cement brick which matches the stone.
The entire house will be grey, white and black similar to the shop I did last fall.
Roof is all done in the new Owens Corning high definition shingle with nailing strip rated at 209km winds.
All my doors including interior are solid core doors with ball bearing hinges.
Just completing all insulating and vapour barrier. Garage will be insulated and heated as well.
Picked up the black 8X9 garage doors today.

Bill

Attachments

• 2017-07-22 07.31.04.jpg
    2017-07-22 07.31.04.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 24
Finally moved in a couple of weeks ago. I now officially reside in York, On. No.........not Toronto!!!!!!!
Will have some photos for you guys soon. There just wasn't time for the play by play I did on the shop last fall.

Bill
Was sure the move had happened... no e-mails... all sent / forwards bounced... knew you were
up to GOOD things ! You BEAT the nasty weather that will be forthcoming..
Now sell the old home place...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.