Regular
Casual User
Jul 7, 2016
Mississauga
VetteCoins
Car
17 Grand Sport 3LT
Hi all,

I am hoping to be a Vette owner in the upcoming weeks.
I'm coming from a 2014 Mustang GT and would like to finally move on up to a Vette and eventually a Z06. I'm after a 2017 2LT Z51! After 3 Mustangs, I'm Mustang'd out and want to move on up.

Once the paperwork settles and the car is delivered, I'm hoping to become a supporting vendor for my detailing shop.

Here are some pics of my current ride as well as my recently renovated Garage. You'll find me lurking in the detailing section mostly and providing as much feedback and advice as possible! I'll post pics of the Vette once its in the garage, for now, I wait patiently!

MsxBXVz.jpg

dKj0RyB.jpg

pWDTP7K.jpg

3tu4ntd.jpg

Reactions: Rruuff Day and Nik
No happy ending just yet.
This is going from one delay to another. Quite the disappointing experience so far.
Was supposed to have the car last Monday, then this Friday, now Saturday, and finally pushed to Monday.

Just about ready to move on. End of week next week is my deadline; If it comes and goes, I will be needing your assistance in recommending another dealer in Ontario, or really anywhere that will ship at this point.

Thanks for all the feedback, nice to see a lot of activity on this forum.

Now on to the bad news, and with the request and approval of an admin I would like to write a thorough review and publically post my experience that I had with my dealership so that nobody has to go through the same thing because it has been an absolute nightmare. The dealership in question is not a supporting vendor. I really want to save you guys the trouble, really. The car in question is a brand new 2017 2LT Z51 with 11km on it.

The deposit was put down.
Approval was complete.
Papers were signed.
I even had one of the keys to the car.

To save yourself a long read, I will give you the short story here: I have backed out of the deal, all the papers are marked as void and have just received my refund, I am refusing to take this car from this dealership.

The original pickup date was supposed to have been Monday, March 27th - I had my test drive on Saturday where I identified the problem with the transmission. It was shifting from 3rd to neutral on deceleration and the salesman insisted (and even argued to an extent) that this was normal due it being in Transport Mode. Now, I know a little bit about cars, a little bit about parts and gears to know that there is no way they would release this car to a customer in transport mode if this is how it acted. But again, he argued and insisted; This being my first Vette I wasn't going to talk about something I don't know.

They were supposed to take it out of Transport Mode and resolve the issues by Monday, March 27th pickup. This was delayed because they found out the issue was NOT Transport Mode. It was a 3rd gear issue and there was a service bulletin already for it. So now the sales rep had called me and informed me that they had to order 20 different parts and I was given the ETA of repair completion by Friday March 31st and pickup of the vehicle on Saturday April 1st - Saturday came and went, I was not called nor was I updated - I had to keep asking and pressing for updates. I was told finally that it would be ready for pickup yesterday, Monday March 1st.

I had booked a half day off of work because the dealer is an hour and a half away. Just as I was packing my things and almost out the door I emailed the dealer to inform them I was on the way. Several minutes later I receive an email telling me that the issue has not been resolved and now the transmission after having been cracked opened and repaired already is now making a loud clicking noise. They didn't keep me up to date, they didn't keep me informed - I almost drove all the way to get no car back.

This was the last straw for me. I beat the hell out of my cars, I road course as often as I can every year. I try and participate in every track day thats offered and setup. Not only was the service horrendous, I didn't want to take on a brand new car that has already had issues and has failed to be repaired once already. Its just too risky.

I had to walk away. Admins, I would appreciate if you would let me write a review on "XXXXXXXX Chevrolet" It would save a number of members severe headache, disrespect and wasted time.
I haven't given up yet, I am hoping to hear some good news by end of day today for which I will share with everyone.

OP... there is nothing at all wrong with you identifying a dealerships bad service and it is not illegal or against the rules in any way, regardless of whether the dealer is a sponsor or not. Your opinion is just that. If I may say, the number of bad dealerships that I have been told of, or rather bad and uneducated salesmen, is terrible. It is more than one and goes back to hundreds of people losing out to Z06's in their providing a deposit to dealers on false promise of their getting a Z06. The same happened to countless people the first year the C7 came out. In that case (false Z06 allocation), nobody should put $5k down in August only to get it back next May finding out the dealer wasn't getting an allocation. More to point however are salesmen that do anything for the sale and I might suggest you will find good people here to help you along with your purchase. Myself, although I won't identify dealerships personally as the bad service never happened to me, I know of dozens of dealerships Canada wide where people have had horrid experiences, one even having his name on a Z06 out west, only to be told by the dealer on arrival that they were tapping a $10000 charge on to his purchase because of the market desire for that vehicle. He walked away. If it happened to you, your honest opinion just may help out another.

OP... there is nothing at all wrong with you identifying a dealerships bad service and it is not illegal or against the rules in any way, regardless of whether the dealer is a sponsor or not. Your opinion is just that. If I may say, the number of bad dealerships that I have been told of, or rather bad and uneducated salesmen, is terrible. It is more than one and goes back to hundreds of people losing out to Z06's in their providing a deposit to dealers on false promise of their getting a Z06. The same happened to countless people the first year the C7 came out. In that case (false Z06 allocation), nobody should put $5k down in August only to get it back next May finding out the dealer wasn't getting an allocation. More to point however are salesmen that do anything for the sale and I might suggest you will find good people here to help you along with your purchase. Myself, although I won't identify dealerships personally as the bad service never happened to me, I know of dozens of dealerships Canada wide where people have had horrid experiences, one even having his name on a Z06 out west, only to be told by the dealer on arrival that they were tapping a $10000 charge on to his purchase because of the market desire for that vehicle. He walked away. If it happened to you, your honest opinion just may help out another.

With respect, it is not a matter of being illegal or against the rules.
I am a new member here and don't want to come off as someone who has just joined a forum for the sole purpose of bashing or turning away business from a dealer without having built a rapport with the good people here at CCF.
The admins are kind enough to work with me in the back end - I am drafting my review both for them and the public environment (Google, Facebook, DealerRater, etc)
Once completed, I'm sure they too will be in favor of me posting it.

Unrelated: Love your ride, absolutely love to see cars being driven, beaten on, raced.

Oh damn ... sad end to the chapter on this acquisition attempt and on the better side, apparently a quick resolve in order to move along. I can only believe that someone is watching over you and that you are a good man for not accepting anything that continually fails "the smell test" (I.e. - something's fishy). I truly wish for Toxix to be able to post his picture in a new thread with his new Corvette!

@Toxix

Really sorry to hear that your deal fell through and I'm sure you'll get a replacement pronto as you're obviously hooked on Vettes and have just moved into our 'crack' house.

It's also very refreshing to see that you're working with Eric and the rest of the mod crew to post a fair review of the dealership in question and asking things ahead of time before posting. Shows off your auto forum admin scars very well. Definitely look forward to having you as a regular contributor at CCF.

Oh damn ... sad end to the chapter on this acquisition attempt and on the better side, apparently a quick resolve in order to move along. I can only believe that someone is watching over you and that you are a good man for not accepting anything that continually fails "the smell test" (I.e. - something's fishy). I truly wish for Toxix to be able to post his picture in a new thread with his new Corvette!

When I finally do take delivery of my dream car I will be starting a new thread with tonnes of pictures for sure. For now, I wait patiently.

@Toxix

Really sorry to hear that your deal fell through and I'm sure you'll get a replacement pronto as you're obviously hooked on Vettes and have just moved into our 'crack' house.

It's also very refreshing to see that you're working with Eric and the rest of the mod crew to post a fair review of the dealership in question and asking things ahead of time before posting. Shows off your auto forum admin scars very well. Definitely look forward to having you as a regular contributor at CCF.

I know the feelings all too well.

Hi Toxix! Welcome to the forum!!!!!......I'm glad to hear your experience here has been better than with you ex-dealer. It's really too bad to hear that something so exciting turned out to be a nightmare, especially when you're moving from one car company to another.
The Mustangs looks fantastic by the way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread