W

Wanderin

Hi all,
Just picked up my first Vette last weekend :D. It is a 2003 C5 Coupe Anniversary Edition. It's in mint condition and all original. I'm still finding my way around it. This is also my first post on the forum and look forward to benefiting from all you experience.

Attachments

• Vette resized.jpg
    Vette resized.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 41
Thanks for the kind welcome folks. I live in gravel country and am thinking of putting the clear stone guard material on the front of the car. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff. I don't want to ruin the look of the car but it may be better than stone chips and bugs.

I have the 3M clear film on my car and I would recommend it. Infact it has been on the car several years now and I plan it have it removed, the paint buffed and a new film applied. I believe it has saved me from having to repaint the front portion of the car. I just spoke to Manny about it last weekend and he advised he can have it done ... just one of the countless sevices the new Breslau shop offers.

Please forgive the silly questions, but who is Manny and where/how do I find him. From the many posts I have read so far, he is someone I really need to get to know. Thx again. Doug

Please forgive the silly questions, but who is Manny and where/how do I find him. From the many posts I have read so far, he is someone I really need to get to know. Thx again. Doug

Hi Doug , this is Manny .

Myself and my partner own Dasilva Motorsports in Breslau Ontario .

You can reach me at the shop at our toll free number 1-866-992-3752

Thanks Manny. I will be down to Guelph in the next few weeks and I'll try to get over to see your place and meet you. Cheers Doug

Thanks for the kind welcome folks. I live in gravel country and am thinking of putting the clear stone guard material on the front of the car. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff. I don't want to ruin the look of the car but it may be better than stone chips and bugs.

Welcome to the forum, sir.

I was in your same boat a couple months ago with my first 'Vette. I used some spare cash for the 3M after doing some research. I did the mirrors, rockers, front bumper, and half-way (or just under halfway) on the hood and front quaurters.

Result? My car is black, so it shows up the most. That being said, I'm pretty happy--i can see some places where it's saved me already. I think the 3M was 1,000 for everything with a detail as well.

Cheers,

Vince.
[mob][/mob]

I was thinking of doing the front hood up to but not including the headlights; also the rocker panels and lower panel behind the rear wheels.

Manny, how long a process is this? Does the car need to sit after it is done? My problem is I live quite a ways from you so it is a problem leaving the car and then returning to pick it up a few days later. If it is a matter of dropping the car off in the morning and picking it up the following day, that is doable.

Doug

I was thinking of doing the front hood up to but not including the headlights; also the rocker panels and lower panel behind the rear wheels.

Manny, how long a process is this? Does the car need to sit after it is done? My problem is I live quite a ways from you so it is a problem leaving the car and then returning to pick it up a few days later. If it is a matter of dropping the car off in the morning and picking it up the following day, that is doable.

Doug

Drop it off to me first thing in the morning , go sight seeing and mid afternoon it will be ready . Less than1 day turn around service and you can drive it home :canada:

Drop it off to me first thing in the morning , go sight seeing and mid afternoon it will be ready . Less than1 day turn around service and you can drive it home :canada:

Yup--mine took the day to finish as well.

I'm more than happy to recommend the clearbra, amd would vouche for people that Manny is vouching for. The rear wheels might not be that necessary of you buy the skirts for your car--you can do all 4 wheels. They're extremely low-profile, so they look good. Better than that, they're very funnctional too. I'll post a link to some pictures Colin took on his when I was looking around.

Manny's guy installed the invisible bra on my 03 on Monday. Did a great job and it was done in a day. Thanks Manny for great service. Doug

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.