Jack the lad

I'm New Here
Jul 15, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
2007 coupe
Province
ON
Hello all, I’m new to the site but not necessarily new to Corvettes. I remember as a young boy seeing a yellow 69 427 with the t-tops off and side pipes gleaming and thought…”I’m gonna get me one of those some day” to me the Corvette has always been at the top of the food chain of muscle cars. I think the early C3’s are one of the most beautiful vehicles ever….automotive art if you will. Fast forward 50yrs and the stars finally aligned and I found myself the proud owner of a 1971 Bridgehampton, Blue 454 4 speed monster. I absolutely loved that car and it was a true driving experience. Now….at my advanced age I started to miss things….little things, like air conditioning, cruise control and being able to talk with my wife on a long trip or actually hear the stereo? So after 3yrs I decided to sell the brute, but I really loved driving that car so I set my sights on a different generation Corvette a C6. I ended up purchasing a 2008 coupe with the LS3 and a 6 spd manual trans and boy….what a vehicle this is!!! All the creature comforts one would like and lots of power to boot!! I can travel in air conditioned comfort and have a conversation with my wife and hear the stereo. And here’s the kicker… I can put a full size cooler, golf clubs and a carry on suitcase in the hatch and be gone for the weekend. Oh.. and this car gets better mileage than any other vehicle I own. What an automobile, I love it and although I will never talk bad of my 71, I absolutely love this car.

I look forward to keeping up to date with all things C6 and drawing on the expertise I know this site will provide.

Bye for now
Jack.

Hello all, I’m new to the site but not necessarily new to Corvettes. I remember as a young boy seeing a yellow 69 427 with the t-tops off and side pipes gleaming and thought…”I’m gonna get me one of those some day” to me the Corvette has always been at the top of the food chain of muscle cars. I think the early C3’s are one of the most beautiful vehicles ever….automotive art if you will. Fast forward 50yrs and the stars finally aligned and I found myself the proud owner of a 1971 Bridgehampton, Blue 454 4 speed monster. I absolutely loved that car and it was a true driving experience. Now….at my advanced age I started to miss things….little things, like air conditioning, cruise control and being able to talk with my wife on a long trip or actually hear the stereo? So after 3yrs I decided to sell the brute, but I really loved driving that car so I set my sights on a different generation Corvette a C6. I ended up purchasing a 2008 coupe with the LS3 and a 6 spd manual trans and boy….what a vehicle this is!!! All the creature comforts one would like and lots of power to boot!! I can travel in air conditioned comfort and have a conversation with my wife and hear the stereo. And here’s the kicker… I can put a full size cooler, golf clubs and a carry on suitcase in the hatch and be gone for the weekend. Oh.. and this car gets better mileage than any other vehicle I own. What an automobile, I love it and although I will never talk bad of my 71, I absolutely love this car.

I look forward to keeping up to date with all things C6 and drawing on the expertise I know this site will provide.

Bye for now
Jack.
Welcome to the forum Jack. Sorry about the late response. Just seeing this now. The C6 is a sweet car. I had an 09 with the LS3 and appreciated the same things for touring with the wife. Have a C7 now but the room for all the goodies is the same.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.