Found this today PC site:
Question:
Do we put ethanol in our Petro‑Canada gas?
Yes, all of our grades of gas, including our Ultra 94 high octane fuel , contain up to 10% ethanol content. This is required by federal and provincial regulations.
I hope Shell Canada is not part of the government regulations!!!😳😤

I can’t wait to drive my car but not looking for to paying $1.72 for gas. Gotta love the price of gas i the lower mainland.
You might be sorry one day. Telling yourself I should have done while I have the chance. Me I just put $20.00 I might’ve to fuel up more often. I enjoy the compliments I get at the station and tell them it’s cheap on gas and start a conversation. Strategy!!! 😳🥂😷 Cheers and have fun.

HOLYCRAP! Still waiting for my car but looked at the price of 91 today and it is $1.84.9!
it’s going to cost me roughly $125 to fill🤬😢😭😭😭🤬🤬🤬

It's hard not to get political, but the rising cost at the pump is a direct result of the carbon tax imposed by the Liberals and supported by the NDP.

I have never seen the carbon tax as a means to curb emissions for the average Canadian. I'm all up for a saving the environment, but I don't believe we can tax out way out of a CO2 emissions.

It's hard not to get political, but the rising cost at the pump is a direct result of the carbon tax imposed by the Liberals and supported by the NDP.

I have never seen the carbon tax as a means to curb emissions for the average Canadian. I'm all up for a saving the environment, but I don't believe we can tax out way out of a CO2 emissions.
Fully agree! Just another way for the government to bend us over!

If you only listen to Conservative information providers you will think that the carbon tax is just a greedy "grab". I don't believe I have even once heard a Conservative politician mention anything about the rebates/refunds.
The typical Canadian citizen will pay a bit more at the pump and for home heating through the year and many will therefore be a bit more careful about the amount they burn. When tax time comes around, every year, the refund to typical families and individuals is measurably greater than the extra amount paid out during the year.

Here is a highlight from the explanation of how it works for the citizenry...

"
How much is the carbon tax?
We hear a lot about how the carbon tax is designed to go after the big polluters in various industries, but if you’re driving a conventional fuel-burning car, or heat your home using natural gas, for example, you will be paying extra too.
Under the carbon tax levy, filling up your gas tank cost 6.6 cents more per litre until April 2021. As the tax increases each year, the levy will plateau at 11 cents per litre in 2022; something to consider if you’re weighing up the costs of switching to an energy-efficient electric vehicle.
Those who heat large homes and drive frequently will be paying more under the plan. The government estimates an average yearly cost of $357 for a household in Ontario, for example. However, with an average rebate of $439 you will end the year in the green.
In Saskatchewan, where the temperatures are cold and the roads long, the yearly estimated cost would be higher at $588 per family. But rebates can be as high as $883."

The above quote is from canadadrives. Here is the full article (you can see the plan for individual provinces there also)...
Carbon Taxes & Rebates Explained (Province by Province)

Here's another one explaining the actual program...

Refunds?

Riddle me this.

I'm not a typical family. No kids, just me and my wife. We spend about $6000 at the pumps annually. What is my rebate? I didn't get a cheque in the mail, nor is there a line on my 2020 filing to deduct this amount.

Want to go deeper on bs tax law? No problem.

I have the benefit of a company car. It's a taxable benefit that works out to $13k a year for a $60k truck. What does the Liberal government allow me to write off for working at home for a year in a $1.2M home in the GTA? $400 bucks.

The Liberal plan is to tax their way out of debt. Not once have I seen them implement anything that benefits my situation. Not with taxes, not with covid, not with the economy, and certainly not with firearms or gang crime.

I can't say that I am impressed with the leadership on the PC side either. Pierre Pollievre is the only politician that I stand behind.

Rant complete.

Refunds?

Riddle me this.

I'm not a typical family. No kids, just me and my wife. We spend about $6000 at the pumps annually. What is my rebate? I didn't get a cheque in the mail, nor is there a line on my 2020 filing to deduct this amount.

I have the benefit of a company car. It's a taxable benefit that works out to $13k a year for a $60k truck. What does the Liberal government allow me to write off for working at home for a year in a $1.2M home in the GTA? $400 bucks.

The Liberal plan is to tax their way out of debt. Not once have I seen them implement anything that benefits my situation. Not with taxes, not with covid, not with the economy, and certainly not with firearms or gang crime.

I can't say that I am impressed with the leadership on the PC side either. Pierre Pollievre is the only politician that I stand behind.

Rant complete.
I think you’re well above the income bracket that qualifies. I think that’s just for us DIY that thinks we’re master of all trades and whatever!!!😳🤓

Refunds?

Riddle me this.

Rant complete.

Try this calculator...

BTW... you don't get a cheque in the mail. You pay less taxes for the year 2020 etc.
My wife and I do not have dependents and had the $450 taken off the taxes I pay. $300 of it was for me, $150 was for having a spouse or partner.
There was a simple page (Schedule 14 - Climate Action Incentive) in with the tax forms to fill out and then you deduct the amount from the taxes you pay. Normally I pay at the end of a typical year. This year I will receive a small tax refund "direct deposited" into my bank account.

If you are not receiving this deduction/rebate then you may have missed the form and the deduction line (45110) where you write the appropriate number.

It is not income based BTW. All couples should get $450 taken off, singles $300, couple with 1 child $525 and so on.

Last edited:
Refunds?

Riddle me this.

Rant complete.

Try this calculator...

BTW... you don't get a cheque in the mail. You pay less taxes for the year 2020 etc.
My wife and I do not have dependents and had the $450 taken off the taxes I pay. $300 of it was for me, $150 was for having a spouse or partner.
There was a simple page (Schedule 14 - Climate Action Incentive) in with the tax forms to fill out and then you deduct the amount from the taxes you pay. Normally I pay at the end of a typical year. This year I will receive a tax refund "direct deposited" into my bank account.

If you are not receiving this deduction/rebate then you may have missed the form and the deduction line (45110) where you write the appropriate number.

It is not income based BTW. All couples should get $450 taken off, singles $300, couple with 1 child $525 and so on.

My small business pays approximately 10,000 year in carbon tax no rebates. When you raise the cost of fuel across the board, it increases the price if everything you purchase. That is not figured into the government equation.

My small business pays approximately 10,000 year in carbon tax no rebates. When you raise the cost of fuel across the board, it increases the price if everything you purchase. That is not figured into the government equation.
I can believe that. Combined with COVID, it will be a brutal time for a large number of small businesses. What province are you BTW?

Refunds?

Riddle me this.

Rant complete.

Don't get me started on the Liberal Government as a small business owner.. How about the Passive income tax and Trust Taxes? Morneau and Trudeau both benefited from their family trusts not being taxed while income grew....

Pierre Pollievre is my MP, is he perfect, absolutely not...But I am tired of spending money we don't have and leaving deficit issues to the next generation to deal with. You wouldn't run your household this way so why is it acceptable in government.

And yes I get the pandemic was a different beast...

Don't get me started on the Liberal Government as a small business owner.. How about the Passive income tax and Trust Taxes? Morneau and Trudeau both benefited from their family trusts not being taxed while income grew....

Pierre Pollievre is my MP, is he perfect, absolutely not...But I am tired of spending money we don't have and leaving deficit issues to the next generation to deal with. You wouldn't run your household this way so why is it acceptable in government.

And yes I get the pandemic was a different beast...
That’s what they call fringe benefits. Enjoy the benefits while you’re in the position. Politics. Speaking of myself I’d probably do the same if I was in the position. Wouldn’t you?😳😎

I can believe that. Combined with COVID, it will be a brutal time for a large number of small businesses. What province are you BTW?

Alberta and I have a trucking company, some of the added expense of the carbon tax gets added on to the customers bill and the rest comes off my bottom line

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.