Perhaps he is not the one doing the trolling? This is not your first go round here is it?
I apologize. I wasnt aware I had to have a certain number of posts to be able to comment here. What would that number or time period be please?

I could lift a lot of people out of debt if I had access to the money printing press. Canada's current debt as of this morning along with your share.

Canada's Federal Debt today​

Your Share today​

Liberals I am sure take some pride in that. The PM and his new Bride, Jugmeat, openly admit they don't understand nor particularly care about the numbers. Their words not mine.

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
I could lift a lot of people out of debt if I had access to the money printing press. Canada's current debt as of this morning along with your share.

Canada's Federal Debt today​

Your Share today​

Liberals I am sure take some pride in that. The PM and his new Bride, Jugmeat, openly admit they don't understand nor particularly care about the numbers. Their words not mine.
Resized_Screenshot_20220218-220254_Facebook (002).jpeg
wedding pic

• Haha
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Since you are able to post in this thread well I guess you realize that there is not a stipulated number of posts in any forum to participate. What I do find odd is that this particular Forum is typically not "political", in fact it is mostly avoided however you come here announce your Corvette ownership and head right for the one or two political threads we have. Odd would you not say?

We try to be pretty open minded about all subjects here, say your piece don't be offended but in your case I suspect there is more. I said before this is not your first time here, and the pics of your car were the trigger for me.

I looked at many other threads about c3's. This thread seemed to be quite political from the 2nd post on, well before I got here, so you must forgive me for thinking it was political. I have never been a member here before that I know of or remember. What more do you suspect is going on with me? I have been polite, mature and factual, I just have a different political point of view than you do.

Last edited:
I would just like to point out after 6 years of liberal rule in Ottawa, we now have the lowest unemployment rate in the country's history. Canada's jobless rate at record low 5.3% as economy adds 72,500 jobs

Also, more than 1 million Canadians have been lifted out of poverty since 2015. More than 1 million Canadians lifted out of poverty
And with Trudeau's new and improved taxes, how many more are moving towards poverty ... or are already there. I guess the inflation rate approaching 6%, higher carbon tax, higher interest rates, doubling the debt in 6 years less money for the working person is all overlooked?? As a small business owner, Trudeau's policies and his view of small businesses suck.

And with Trudeau's new and improved taxes, how many more are moving towards poverty ... or are already there. I guess the inflation rate approaching 6%, higher carbon tax, higher interest rates, doubling the debt in 6 years less money for the working person is all overlooked?? As a small business owner, Trudeau's policies and his view of small businesses suck.
Thank you for your questions. Not sure what you mean by new and improved taxes. Are you speaking of the carbon tax? Because that is the only one that went up that I know of. The 90% rebate to consumers also went up by the same amount. (the other 10% goes to schools, hospitals, etc ..places that dont charge the public anything directly). How carbon pricing works - Canada.ca

It should be noted that in 2016 the current govt gave the middle class a nice income tax break that conservatives voted against. Dont know, but that could be a reason the libs have won both elections since.

Regarding poverty, I have posted that over 1 million Canadians have been lifted from poverty since 2015. I think you will find that is accurate. Mar 23, 2022 — Some 1.4 million Canadians were lifted out of poverty. Data from the 2020 Canadian Income Survey indicates that the said number.." There are 1.4 million fewer Canadians living in poverty: report

Regarding inflation: its not exclusive to Canada, its worldwide. Both the US and Europe have higher inflation rates than we do.

Re debt: the vast majority of the new debt was for covid relief which conservatives voted for. (to vote against it would have been political suicide)

The govt supported small businesses thru a number of programs (wage subsidies, rent subsidies, etc) throughout the pandemic. I know of no significant tax increases on small businesses. However I noticed in the new budget, Trudeau/Freeland went after very large and profitable corporations (banks and such) and they did see an increase. They are the ones most able to pay and many did very well (!) during the pandemic. "Canada's Big 6 Banks reported high profits in 2021 totalling $57.7 billion, $16.55 billion (40%) more than in 2020 (BMO – $7.75B; CIBC – $6.4B ; National – $3.18; RBC – $16.1B; Scotiabank – $9.95B; TD – $14.3B). 6 days ago Backgrounder – Canada’s Big Banks – Democracy Watch).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: vintageracer
Thank you for your questions. Not sure what you mean by new and improved taxes. Are you speaking of the carbon tax? Because that is the only one that went up that I know of. The 90% rebate to consumers also went up by the same amount. (the other 10% goes to schools, hospitals, etc ..places that dont charge the public anything directly). How carbon pricing works - Canada.ca

It should be noted that in 2016 the current govt gave the middle class a nice income tax break that conservatives voted against. Dont know, but that could be a reason the libs have won both elections since.

Regarding poverty, I have posted that over 1 million Canadians have been lifted from poverty since 2015. I think you will find that is accurate. Mar 23, 2022 — Some 1.4 million Canadians were lifted out of poverty. Data from the 2020 Canadian Income Survey indicates that the said number.." There are 1.4 million fewer Canadians living in poverty: report

Regarding inflation: its not exclusive to Canada, its worldwide. Both the US and Europe have higher inflation rates than we do.

Re debt: the vast majority of the new debt was for covid relief which conservatives voted for. (to vote against it would have been political suicide)

The govt supported small businesses thru a number of programs (wage subsidies, rent subsidies, etc) throughout the pandemic. I know of no significant tax increases on small businesses. However I noticed in the new budget, Trudeau/Freeland went after very large and profitable corporations (banks and such) and they did see an increase. They are the ones most able to pay and many did very well (!) during the pandemic. "Canada's Big 6 Banks reported high profits in 2021 totalling $57.7 billion, $16.55 billion (40%) more than in 2020 (BMO – $7.75B; CIBC – $6.4B ; National – $3.18; RBC – $16.1B; Scotiabank – $9.95B; TD – $14.3B). 6 days ago Backgrounder – Canada’s Big Banks – Democracy Watch).
I see the various taxes my business is charged, how they have increased along with CPP and EI and the work of collecting and paying HST, payroll taxes, carbon tax, provincial taxes, personal taxes and property tax. Working 6 months for the privilege of working another 6 months is somewhat ridiculous, especially when I see how my tax money is being wasted. I love Canada and am grateful for living in this country but I despise the political environment of spending our tax dollars without giving thought of how this will be paid back. the debt has doubled in 6 years, courtesy of Trudeau's policies that fuel some of the items referred to in Timbo's post. The subsidies were necessary to keep businesses alive to avoid an onslaught of bankruptcies and millions going on EI and welfare and loosing a huge chunk of tax revenue. Spending money to keep money flowing was the necessary evil.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Ladies and Gentlemen.... As there has been some discussion in the past and lately as well as to the state of the nations and the politics of politics and politicians, I thought I would go out on a limb and try a totally un-Vette related chat room for political discussion. If you are interested, drop by and either start a discussion or comment in an existing one if there's one there. The room discussions will be pruned regularly so feel free to bring a past discussion back to life if you feel the need. As with all the chats, If you feel you've said something out of place, you have the ability to both edit and/or delete your chat contribution at any time
Please remember this chat room is not intended to turn into a Hitler ideals anger management outlet. If you have opinions, likes and dislikes, try to frame them constructively, but if this catches on, I do expect there may be some interesting opinions and save the world solutions. ;)

Ohh Rruuff Day...... Well, you stoked emotions and opinions all right. But any forum worth belonging to needs a bit of controversy and spirited opinions doesn't it?! I bet you played with matches as a kid ... LOL ... :Cheers2:

Ohh Rruuff Day...... Well, you stoked emotions and opinions all right. But any forum worth belonging to needs a bit of controversy and spirited opinions doesn't it?! I bet you played with matches as a kid ... LOL ... :Cheers2:
LOL Paul... Matches were actually third on my list as a kid.... Just behind guns and knives.... :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread