Someone had to start Cariboo...

"He spent a little over $1.5 million on the trip to India that did nothing but worsen ties."

Sorry KL... This was not accurate. CBC News excerpt .... Documents tabled in the House of Commons Monday reveal that the nine-day trip cost Canadian taxpayers $1.66 million — roughly 10 per cent higher than the $1.5 million the government reported in June.

"Plus paid over $17,000 to bring an Indian chef to India to cook Indian cuisine" CBC News excerpt indicates.....$17,044 to fly celebrity chef Vikram Vij to India to prepare a meal for an official reception....
Sounds pretty close to me...

"He spent $212,234 on the artwork for the cover of the 2017 budget report."...... The actual number reported was only $200,000...

"He pressured Jody Wilson Raybould repeatedly & INAPPROPRIATELY with several different high ranking officials to offer SNC Lavalin a DPA instead of prosecution for repeated & sustained corruption AFTER the former AG had determined they were ineligible for such a deal. He lied about the above having ever taken place."

CBC Newsexcerpt quote......On Wednesday, Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner Mario Dion released a report that found Prime Minister Justin Trudeau violated the Conflict of Interest Act by trying to influence then-justice minister Jody Wilson-Raybould when he exerted pressure on her around a decision to deny a deferred prosecution agreement to Quebec-based engineering firm SNC-Lavalin.

I'm done. Too much time wasted on just these few. Now it's just a matter of whether we believe anything actually reported anymore or just argue inaccuracies for the sake of argument... Not that anyone here would do that. Catch up on this thread now people as I can't see it lasting much longer than a popsicle on a 40 degree Celsius day.....

So in before the lock so to speak.

This government is the most ethically challenged government in Canadian history. When your entire premise is based purely on the gaining and retention of power, your moral center skews to justify any action to support that premise. Right and wrong become viewed through the lens of political power and not through a lens of fairness, equity, and integrity. Power and control become the end, not good government and ethical leadership. We have seen this play out in the early days with the Aga Khan scandal. Then SNC Lavelin, then WE, Judy Wilson Raybold, just to name but a few. However the penultimate was the unnecessary invocation of the Emergencies Act. Unwilling to even let his decision be judged on it’s merits, he turns it into a confidence motion, ensuring all Liberals and NDP MP’s would stay the course. All in an attempt to maintain power, but at the cost of losing a country.

Canada (1867-2022).

"He spent $212,234 on the artwork for the cover of the 2017 budget report."...... The actual number reported was only $200,000...
No he didn't, this was a crime by the bureaucracy. Trudeau had no hand in the process or approval of this.

Truth matters, any argument that bolsters it's position with lies is then completely suspect. I'd take the same position with any lies about any person, politician, whoever. There is no discussion I want to have with anyone who doesn't think truth matters. I'm done and out of here.

• Haha
Reactions: Dik
Wow. It always stuns me to see such... misunderstanding. Ahemm. Most of Ruff's list is false. For example, the first item: Morneau was cleared of insider trading charges which were really a smear attempt. It wasn't Insider trading because he sold shares in his own company after the tax changes were announced. Yet the lie continues to be repeated as if that makes it true.

Just a point of clarification on Trudeau's ex Finance Minister, Bill Morneau and the issue of insider trading and tax evasion. The poster above says he was cleared of that charge. What he was not cleared of was accepting a trip funded by the taxpayer supported WE organization. The trip valued at $41K was repaid by Morneau and shortly after he announced his resignation from the position of Finance Minister and would not be running for his seat again. Both he and Trudeau were both being investigated by the Ethics Commissioner for their actions surrounding this fiasco.

The WE story is interesting because of the friendships involved with the Kielburger brothers, Craig and Marc, who ran the WE organization and Trudeau. Eventually Trudeau threw them under the bus to cover his own misdeeds. That is the kind of guy he is.

Another point raised by the same poster was that he saw no lies being told by the Government about the Freedom Rally. I watched extensive coverage of events of the past weekend. Some of the best reporting/video/still photography interestingly came from south of the border. Trudeau stood in Parliament and accused the Conservatives of standing with the Swastika Flag. (He directed his comments to one member from a predominately Jewish riding) and was asked three times to apologize, he did not. During all the coverage I saw not flag that would insult anyone, certainly not a Swastika unless you count the F Trudeau ones which don't insult me in the least. He is not above making up scenarios to fit his needs.

My opinion, Canada changed forever last weekend. It is unlikely to be the same again.

Wow - that was fun! Some adrenalin on the staid Corvette Canada Forum.

This thread mirrors the fractures that have developed or been exploited as covid became part of our existence and the restrictions on normal activities. Significant and difficult deviation from life as we knew it has created anger that deepens as the weeks and months go by. Two fricken years boys and girls - and counting! Over time the pressure has been building and a few weeks ago the volcano let go with an explosion that is an expression of that anger. The lava flows will scar our country for years to come. 🌋

Now that Trudeau and Freeland have experienced how easy it is to freeze bank accounts - expect more of the same. Next up - lack of compliance with a green agenda - watch your money. Ironic that her name is Freeland.

No he didn't, this was a crime by the bureaucracy. Trudeau had no hand in the process or approval of this.

Truth matters, any argument that bolsters it's position with lies is then completely suspect. I'd take the same position with any lies about any person, politician, whoever. There is no discussion I want to have with anyone who doesn't think truth matters. I'm done and out of here.

See Ya!

Well well. Did not see this coming.

Polling. Why go through the bs of the weekend if you were going to end it today. Their internal polling likely came back looking grim. Lol at the Dippers who supported them and now Sunny Ways pulls the rug out from under them.

Seems that I may be slow but I can take a hint.

You'd have to wrestle lack of mental agility from me :) There's no subtext here.

To add context, was not commenting on the content or trying to crush the thread. You can continue civil discource, I know it's a heated topic. I'm curious to see if this can remain above board. There's a metric tonne of spin and disinformation entrenched in politics so it can be challenging to sift through the rhetoric. I have many reservations and deep concerns about fractures that are being amplified around the world not just in little old Canada. It's not a new party trick but definitely has more grunt in the last decade.

Just housekeeping duties, @Cariboocreek in general we don't encourage multiple replies on top of replies from the same author as it looks like spam posting. Editing your reply to add context is a better way to get your point across.

Carry on, don't mind me. Just sweeping....

You'd have to wrestle lack of mental agility from me :) There's no subtext here.

To add context, was not commenting on the content or trying to crush the thread. You can continue civil discource, I know it's a heated topic. I'm curious to see if this can remain above board. There's a metric tonne of spin and disinformation entrenched in politics so it can be challenging to sift through the rhetoric. I have many reservations and deep concerns about fractures that are being amplified around the world not just in little old Canada. It's not a new party trick but definitely has more grunt in the last decade.

Just housekeeping duties, @Cariboocreek in general we don't encourage multiple replies on top of replies from the same author as it looks like spam posting. Editing your reply to add context is a better way to get your point across.

Carry on, don't mind me. Just sweeping....
Sheesh.... Was sure I had that locked.... LOL.... Fair enough... I will let it float on for a bit and see what happens... after all, It has gotten some blood flowing...

• Haha
Reactions: Nik
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: vintageracer
I would just like to point out after 6 years of liberal rule in Ottawa, we now have the lowest unemployment rate in the country's history. Canada's jobless rate at record low 5.3% as economy adds 72,500 jobs

Also, more than 1 million Canadians have been lifted out of poverty since 2015. More than 1 million Canadians lifted out of poverty
That’s some funny stuff there. I can just picture our supreme leader descending from the cottage in his chariot, the sun‘s rays eminating from his perfect form, the angels and Freeland trumpeting his arrival, his loving hand extended to lift us unwashed out of the dregs of our own Canadian Calcutta. Our own Father Theresa. Yes I have been lifted….

I dont understand what the means. Care to explain for me?
Hope this helps.

“The” is a grammatical article in English, denoting persons or things already mentioned, under discussion, implied or otherwise presumed familiar to listeners, readers, or speakers. It is the definite article in English.

Definition of the​

(Entry 1 of 4)
1a—used as a function word to indicate that a following noun or noun equivalent is definite or has been previously specified by context or by circumstanceput the cat out
b—used as a function word to indicate that a following noun or noun equivalent is a unique or a particular member of its classthe Presidentthe Lord
c—used as a function word before nouns that designate natural phenomena or points of the compassthe night is cold
d—used as a function word before a noun denoting time to indicate reference to what is present or immediate or is under considerationin the future
e—used as a function word before names of some parts of the body or of the clothing as an equivalent of a possessive adjectivehow's the arm today
f—used as a function word before the name of a branch of human endeavor or proficiencythe law
g—used as a function word in prepositional phrases to indicate that the noun in the phrase serves as a basis for computationsold by the dozen
h—used as a function word before a proper name (as of a ship or a well-known building)the Mayflower
i—used as a function word before a proper name to indicate the distinctive characteristics of a person or thingthe John Doe that we know wouldn't lie
j—used as a function word before the plural form of a surname to indicate all the members of a familythe Johnsons
k—used as a function word before the plural form of a numeral that is a multiple of ten to denote a particular decade of a century or of a person's lifelife in the twenties
l—used as a function word before the name of a commodity or any familiar appurtenance of daily life to indicate reference to the individual thing, part, or supply thought of as at handtalked on the telephone
m—used as a function word to designate one of a class as the best, most typical, best known, or most worth singling outthis is the lifethe pill—sometimes used before a personal name to denote the most prominent bearer of that name
2a(1)—used as a function word with a noun modified by an adjective or by an attributive noun to limit the application of the modified noun to that specified by the adjective or by the attributive nounthe right answerPeter the Great
(2)—used as a function word before an absolute adjective or an ordinal numbernothing but the bestdue on the first
b(1)—used as a function word before a noun to limit its application to that specified by a succeeding element in the sentencethe poet Wordsworththe days of our youthdidn't have the time to write
(2)—used as a function word after a person's name to indicate a characteristic trait or notorious activity specified by the succeeding nounJack the Ripper
3a—used as a function word before a singular noun to indicate that the noun is to be understood genericallythe dog is a domestic animal
b—used as a function word before a singular substantivized adjective to indicate an abstract ideaan essay on the sublime
4—used as a function word before a noun or a substantivized adjective to indicate reference to a group as a wholethe elite

the
adverb
Definition of the (Entry 2 of 4)
1: than before : than otherwise —used before a comparativenone the wiser for attending
2a: to what extentthe sooner the better
b: to that extentthe sooner the better
3: beyond all otherslikes this the best

the
preposition
Definition of the (Entry 3 of 4)
: PER sense 2a dollar the dozen

the-
combining form
variants: or theo-
Definition of the- (Entry 4 of 4)
: god : Godtheismtheocentric

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread