Casual User
May 14, 2017
Chicago Illinois
VetteCoins
Car
2020 Z51 HTC
Province
USA
All, I am posting the from the US. We are Canadian and moved here a couple years ago. We had a new 2016 Z51 Convertible but traded it after 3 months. We loved the car, ride, handling but I could not get over the colour - White. Last July I pre-ordered a new 2020. An Orange Coupe. Then there was the strike. Then there was Covid. We were 15th on an allotment of 16 at our dealer. On March 16th I received a call that #5 had backed out and was asked if I wanted the spot. I was at the dealer in 20 minutes with a deposit in hand. The dealer was issuing the first 5 slots for an additional $10,000 - I got it for sticker. The next day on the 17th the last orders for 2020's to go to 3000 were taken before the plant shutdown for Covid. Not knowing if they were ever going to build I got on the list for 2021's but was fortunate to receive a call on Sept 10th - TPW was the following week. My car went to 3800 on July 17th - that is it's birthday. We went to Vegas on the 21st and we were coming home on the 28th. I received a text on the morning of the 28th as we were packing to come home. It was a picture of the car wrapped in white just off the truck, it was going to be waiting for me the next morning. Here are a couple picks, off the truck, just unwrapped from this Monday and then back at the dealer this morning for Ceramic coating. I hope you like it as much as us.

Attachments

• IMG_3322-preview.JPG
    IMG_3322-preview.JPG
    517.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3325-preview.JPG
    IMG_3325-preview.JPG
    319.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_3324-preview.JPG
    IMG_3324-preview.JPG
    455 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
I pre-ordered the orange but you can obviously make changes up to the order going 3000. It was always going to be a convertible but my boss ordered orange. I wanted some interior colour and non of the interior colour picks went with the Orange. So Long Beach Tint coat it became.

It just came home last night from the dealer with Ceramic coating. I recommend it to anyone with a brand new car.

Thanks all.

Keeping with the theme of this thread, I'll add some photos of my new best friend who's now finally at home resting peacefully while waiting impatiently for the 800 km break-in period to end. So far, I'm half way there after day 2 of ownership. Have booked some days for the application of Expel Ultimate and ceramic coating. Then all I need is the 4-post lift coming sometime this month and hopefully before the snow flies. Make sure and stop me for a visit if you recognize the car/plate. My neighbour tells me he recently saw a Rapid Blue convertible in our neighbourhood (SW Edmonton) this w/e, so there's at least 2 around here and I doubt any more yet. Anyone on CCF own that Rapid Blue?

C8 1.jpgC8 2.jpgC8 3.jpgC8 4.jpg

Congrats, hope you have an extended fall to enjoy. Don't focus on the odometer at 800, mine didn't transform until 805...

Thanks Jack. The dealer tells me this car will "talk" to me when there's anything needed like an oil/filter change etc. So my question is: given your precise mileage and assuming you're being serious (?), will the car tell me when the break-in is completed and if so, how? The manual (p. 162) talks about the mileage but makes no mention of the car "saying" anything.

Or maybe this is another example of "Jack Raccoon!" pulling my leg? :Nono1:

I took my car to "Mexico" during the break in period. I pulled over on the Tijuana Highway to grab my phone at 799 kms. I was under the impression that at 800 kms, you can watch the Rev warning lights move from 3500 rpm to 5500 rpm, or whatever the numbers are. Camera on video and with one eye gazed at my dashboard (good thing I'm not a pirate) I watched in earnest as the kms clicked off until I reached 804 kms. Discouraged for wasting my time driving to "Mexico" I threw my phone into the passenger foot well. As I screamed out in frustration, my car dropped a wheel and I ran into a roadside Taco stand narrowing missing a Tijuana Tightie plying her wares. When the dust settles and I repacked my airbag, I noticed that I was at 806 kms and my Rev warning had been raised to 5500 kms. Or whatever the number is. Obviously with the carnage that I had caused, I destroyed the video evidence and returned to Canada to complete my Covid Quarantine requirements. Today will be the first day leaving my house...

• Haha
Reactions: Matt_Orleans
Lighten up gentlemen.... No one is forced here to read, respond or to post. Keep it friendly...
It was friendly for awhile. How many times do I have to be attacked while crossing the road? f*** try to help someone out and it turns into a s**t show. It's not always me. Focus your attention on the the rest of the membership once in awhile. Jesus the nut cases that I have to pacify on this forum is unprecedented...

Take a deep breath guys. Not every comment is meant to be an attack or a rebuttal, whether you read them that way or not. It's hard to read intent in text, both for the members and us as moderators. Keep the criticism and the reactions friendly, informative or comedic. It is no members job to pacify. All members have an "Ignore" button if you feel so inclined. We don't take any pleasure in intervention but we will curtail any level of aggression if we feel it goes against what we expect from members and for the health of this forum. We try not to intervene and likely will not until things begin to approach what we feel is on the edge. We sincerely hope things don't progress to that point but will not hesitate to slap members silly if it does.
This is a forum for discussion, information and for making friends you may or may not ever meet. Use it accordingly. That's all I got!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.